Next 10 games are Mega for this seasons campaign

The Xmas period as always proved to be a deciding factor for most teams that are to gain promotion or get relegated with the odd team coming from nowhere on occasion. This season for Latics the next ten games aren't easy and will define this campaign. The club as just won one mega battle for it's future existance off the pitch but what about on it now.

The fixtures read, Southend Utd (away), Forest (home), Walsall (home), Leeds (away), Brighton (home), Yeovil (away), Gills (away), Hartlepool (home), Carlisle (home), and Swansea (away)

Some big tough fixtures there, what do we think points wise we'll collect?

The Xmas period as always proved to be a deciding factor for most teams that are to gain promotion or get relegated with the odd team coming from nowhere on occasion. This season for Latics the next ten games aren't easy and will define this campaign. The club as just won one mega battle for it's future existance off the pitch but what about on it now.

The fixtures read, Southend Utd (away), Forest (home), Walsall (home), Leeds (away), Brighton (home), Yeovil (away), Gills (away), Hartlepool (home), Carlisle (home), and Swansea (away)

Some big tough fixtures there, what do we think points wise we'll collect?

30 easy

Some very tough games there both home and away. I still think we can do a Blackpool, although realistically we can only afford to lose another 3-4 games to get a play off spot . Auto matic looks beyond us at the moment although you never know the way teams are beating each other this year look at Donny yesterday.

Does anyone think last season side would have lost at Millwal after going 2-1 down. I also think a lot depends on Hughes getting and staying fit if he does he could well end up on 20+ goals. January will be interesting if we manage to keep Kilkenny, and Bertrand, and offload Ricketts to Walsall. And the added bonus of the cup run cash may help us to strengthen the squad with a target man and a right winger/midfielder.

If we sort the home form out we could be rockin big time .

Robert

The great thing in our favour is that there are no outstanding teams in league 1 , if the confidence is high and we can put a decent run together there are no reasons why we shouldnt make it into the play-offs at least, Bertrand and Killkenny are vital for the last few months and hopefully Chelski and Brum will see sense and let there lads stay with us for the remainder of the season as they are getting regular football with us.

We seem to have a good balance in the team at the moment but we still need a quality forward to come of the bench in case of an emergency, Vernon could be a good purchase in January as he is hardly getting a look in at Scumpool

The great thing in our favour is that there are no outstanding teams in league 1

Have Leeds already been promoted then? They have played 20 won 15 drawn 3 and lost 2. What is promising to me is that Leeds didn't look that great when we played them and if we could string 20 results together like that, we would be a real force.

Have Leeds already been promoted then? They have played 20 won 15 drawn 3 and lost 2. What is promising to me is that Leeds didn't look that great when we played them and if we could string 20 results together like that, we would be a real force.

and if 8000 can give hughes enough abuse for him to score 3,how many many will he score when 30000 are giving him flack :grin:

and if 8000 can give hughes enough abuse for him to score 3,how many many will he score when 30000 are giving him flack :grin:

8000 divided by 3 = 2666.6 recurring.

30000 divided by 2666.6 = 11.25

Therefore, I deduce that a hostile crowd of 30000 would mean that Hughesy will score 11 goals

:grin:

Actually, perhaps that is a reason why our home form isn't the best this season. Perhaps we aint getting enough stick off the away fans because too few of them bother to turn up in decent numbers......

I think our poor (on paper) home form has been a mixture of bad luck and poor finishing.

Swansea W2-1 Distinctly 2nd best yet won!

Bristol Rov L0-1 Looked toothless but still managed to hit the woodwork through Chris Taylor

Sarfend L0-1 Again toothless yet again hit the woodwork through Eardley

Crewe W3-2 Unlucky to be 2-0 down, looked toothless subbed the big useless turd and hey presto bag two late goals!

Leeds L0-1 Unlucky to lose but deserved a draw at most after failing to test the keeper

Northampton L0-1 Poorest performance of the season

Port Vale D1-1 Lucky to get a point but did look more of a threat than the Northampton game

Luton D1-1 Kicked off the park, if it had been a boxing match it would have been stopped. Luton got what they come for, Hughes should've had a hat-trick

Donny D1-1 Dominated from start to finish, poor finishing again, Hughes could've again had a hat-trick. Robbed by a :censored: of a ref!

Realistically we should have at least another 7 points from our home games, hopefully we'll strat burying some our chances at home as we are back to level of creating opportunities that we were at this stage last season.

Realistically we should have at least another 7 points from our home games, hopefully we'll strat burying some our chances at home as we are back to level of creating opportunities that we were at this stage last season.

Perhaps what we have lost on the roundabout, we'll gain on the swings!!

In English - perhaps we will get the rub of the green in the second half of the season better luck soon :)

Actually, perhaps that is a reason why our home form isn't the best this season. Perhaps we aint getting enough stick off the away fans because too few of them bother to turn up in decent numbers......

We shouldn't rely on the away fans to do it for us, I say we need to work harder at abusing our own players to spur them along

Forest (home)

Walsall (home)

Brighton (home)

Hartlepool (home)

Carlisle (home)

There's not a game there we shouldn't be looking to win. If we take 5 points from that lot then we'll have a mountain to climb. If we take 12-15 we'll be in the play-offs.

lol classic, thinkin bout goin southend just to boo at smalley cos cant see that many going, he might miss it

I’ll take a length of 4 x 2 with rusty nails through the end and stand on the touchline screaming obscenities and threats at him. Hey Presto, Frankie Bunn’s club record will be consigned to history.

Or perhaps it's the home fans - not only do too few turn up in decent numbers, but not enough of those get behind the team.

As it's the season of goodwill to ALL men, and that means even the whipping boys, how about us all making a conscious effort at BP to forgive players' mistakes and get behind the team? Let the New Year resolution to become the 'different class twelfth man' start on Boxing Day!

Then on 29th December, pleeeeasse don't treat Ricketts like a turkey and inspire him to stuff us!

Southend Utd (away), Draw

Forest (home), win

Walsall (home), Draw

Leeds (away), Win

Brighton (home), Draw

Yeovil (away), Lose

Gills (away), Lose

Hartlepool (home), Win/b]

Carlisle (home), Win

Swansea (away) Lose

15 points

Realistically thats how i feel the next ten will pan out. We've only really got two strikers and may lose our best midfielder as well as our left back. Plus we normally start to pick up injuries at this time of the year. The difference between us and Blackpool last season was they had a sizeable squad and added to it all season long. I know I sound a bit doom and gloom but I genuinely think we will stay in mid-table this season unless of couse TTA loosen the purse strings a bit during January, but given our pisspoor crowds I wouldn't blame them if they didn't. Of course I'd love to be proved wrong...........

Edited by oafcprozac

Or perhaps it's the home fans - not only do too few turn up in decent numbers, but not enough of those get behind the team.

I agree Diego - why people can't just keep their gobs shut during the game if they want to be negative, I just don't know - but I do also like LeesLovers take on it.....if the away fans aren't giving our team stick, lets dom it ourselves :lol:

Let's make sure we get behind they boys and do what WE can to get a string of excellent results over Christmas. If Leeds can put a run together like they have, I believe that we can too. Leeds were lucky to take three points off us at home and even Sean O'Dricoll said we were one of the best if not THE BEST team Doncaster have played - and he should know, we have played them enough times!!