NHL 2011/12

It's ok Lukers mate. I feel the same.

Kessel & Lupul were on fire for the majority of the season and then we had a few problems with Reimer. I've been a huge fan of Mike Brown this season. he's always finishing his hits and trying to do his best for the team.

• Replies 186
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Piss off with this ice hockey chat, I don't even like it.

It has been a fantastic series. We don't play well in those sort of games though, we have a side that will scrap for each other but bar Engelland none of them are great fighters and whenever we're in a physical encounter it gets to them and they fall to bits. Great series yes, but no excuse for conceding sixteen goals in the last two play off games.

And big respect to Craig Adams, as I said in a text to Dave - if I was in a fight with Scott Hartnell I would totally pull his hair too. Especially given the Bash Brothers exit he dropped.

(Even if it was pretty cool)

Pit-Phi Spoiler Alert

TEN THREE?!?! 10. 3. In the playoffs?!?

Madness.

Text sent to my dad at 1.14am - 'We are playing tonight.going to bed.2-3 w 4 left in the first, all ppgs conceded.indiscipline costing again!such a disappointment...'

Oh me of little faith. Mental. Just mental.

I still think we'll get turned over on Friday. But if we don't then maybe, just maybe. They're fully aware of what can happen from 0-3 down - can help them close out but could also put a seed of doubt in their mind. We are a streaky side and if we can pick up another W on Friday then momentum builds. Like I said, we'll probably get turned over!

Whichever way, this has to go down as one of the greatest series and it's just nice to get an extra game out of it.

Unlucky today, Devs. Please knock out them filthy cheating barstewards from across the state. Briere claiming that goal in OT and then looking horrified when it was waved off was horrible play.

Did Marty know he'd kicked it so let it in? Soft goaltending if he didn't, bloody risky if he did...

I'm in Thailand. So I've seen very little. Just know we made the second round deep in OT thanks to Henrique and that we lost G1 to the Flyers in OT too.

Frankly I'm just delighted we made the second round. Take it to 6 games and I'll be happy.

• 2 weeks later...

The man's been pretty much wrong across the board! This has been a mental playoffs for upsets, hoping NYR can get through though and then you knock 'em out.

As good as the Rangers are I just hate playing the Caps. No idea why, I just always feel nervous!

• 2 weeks later...

Hell if we make the finals I'll be ecstatic!

Marty made one hell of a save last night - diving face first and then kicking it away as it was chipped over him -- like that mental footy keeper did!

[edit] added it below

• 2 weeks later...