Filipe Morais

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,922 posts
  • Team:Oldham Athletic

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:03 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk.../17091449#asset

Lee playing CB for the 4th ?

And Diamond at RB looked awful. Bang Mellor on the bench or Winchester they give us much more flexibility !

#2 opinions4u

opinions4u

David Eyres

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,435 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:10 AM

Winchester was on the bench, IIRC.

Apparently both are lacking fitness after injuries etc.

But I agree with you!
Shop online via the PlayerShare WebShop link below and Latics benefit:

http://www.easyfundr...ticsplayershare

#3 oafcprozac

oafcprozac

John Sheridan

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,061 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:36 AM

Winchester was on the bench, IIRC.

Apparently both are lacking fitness after injuries etc.

But I agree with you!

They won't get fit if they don't play. I know college is important for these two young lads, but they are no longer scholars and have signed pro-deals, surely they could go to night or afternoon school and train, after-all that's what a pro-contract stipulates that a player should participate in training sessions as and when the club requires?

7dmv.jpg

#4 razza699

razza699

Filipe Morais

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:41 AM

They won't get fit if they don't play. I know college is important for these two young lads, but they are no longer scholars and have signed pro-deals, surely they could go to night or afternoon school and train, after-all that's what a pro-contract stipulates that a player should participate in training sessions as and when the club requires?

Totally agree. I cant believe college cant be re arranged to allow these lads to do what they are primarily good at and play football

#5 oafcprozac

oafcprozac

John Sheridan

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,061 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:45 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17091449#asset

And Diamond at RB looked awful. Bang Mellor on the bench or Winchester they give us much more flexibility !

:petesake: :sign0007: :surrender: :sign0068: :rifle: :rant.sml: :clown: :sign0003: :wacko: :( :blink: :mad: :shock: :ranting:

7dmv.jpg

#6 Twisbrogan

Twisbrogan

Gunnar Halle

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPip
  • 998 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:05 AM

I can't re-watch games where we've lost as I've never been able to face up to or acknowledge our inadequacies in that way. It's an approach that I've always brought to relationships and my work meaning that I'm generally a cold person that ignores my own failings and will never accept blame in an argument.

Play offs. Definitely.

#7 oafc1955

oafc1955

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,619 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:20 AM

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/17091449#asset

I still reckon Taylor to LB and Winchester on into midfield would have been a much better option....moving Lee over to the left and bringing Zander on at RB effectively gave them the game.

What the hell was Taylor bombarding the ref with again, it was as blatant a penalty as you likely to see.

M'voto looked like he'd never played at CB before and Diamond was like a fish out of water.

These players think they are much better than they actually are...I know we have injuries to key players but that performance was totally unacceptable....a lot of the players appeared to have given up after the 2nd goal went in.

We have to beat Tranmere next week, if we don't I fear Dickov's got a massive task on his hands keeping this lot out of the bottom four!!!

#8 razza699

razza699

Filipe Morais

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:21 AM

I still reckon Taylor to LB and Winchester on into midfield would have been a much better option....moving Lee over to the left and bringing Zander on at RB effectively gave them the game.

What the hell was Taylor bombarding the ref with again, it was as blatant a penalty as you likely to see.

and if he didnt give the pen it was still a goal to them anyway so what the hell was Taylor moaning at ?

#9 Stevie_J

Stevie_J

Bobby Johnstone

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,609 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:25 AM

and if he didnt give the pen it was still a goal to them anyway so what the hell was Taylor moaning at ?

Looked like he was doing his best to put the penalty taker off. No bad thing, IMO, even if it didn't work.

Click on the PayPal button and please donate whatever you can to keep OWTB up and running, thanks - OWTB Admin Team

#10 laticdickovarmy

laticdickovarmy

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:27 AM

They constantly on sat sucked are defence inside and then had there full backs over lapping hence why they scored a few from there, they did it time and time again

I really have got to say far from a big fan of morais but i think him and tarky really did keep going and he wanted the ball at 5 down when others didnt like taylor, kuqi going through the motions and m'voto who was a clown on sat but to name a few

#11 razza699

razza699

Filipe Morais

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,922 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 11:32 AM

Looked like he was doing his best to put the penalty taker off. No bad thing, IMO, even if it didn't work.

I mean just as the pen was given after the ball hit the back of the net Taylor goes mad at the ref for giving the pen. nothing to do with putting the taker off that

#12 Stevie_J

Stevie_J

Bobby Johnstone

• Administrator
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,609 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:41 PM

I mean just as the pen was given after the ball hit the back of the net Taylor goes mad at the ref for giving the pen. nothing to do with putting the taker off that

Maybe. But, of our current causes for concern, that's pretty far down the list.

Click on the PayPal button and please donate whatever you can to keep OWTB up and running, thanks - OWTB Admin Team

#13 OldhamSheridan

OldhamSheridan

Rick Holden

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,679 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:25 PM

However badly any of the players played, they still did better than the production team for covering up that last goal with the score.

#14 Monty Burns

Monty Burns

Earl Barrett

• OWTB Member
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 1,731 posts
  • Team:Accrington

Posted 20 February 2012 - 01:57 PM

That was proper shite.
exxxcellent.