Oldham Nil

The most frustrating thing about yesterday was that Preston knew they had the game won after scoring, 4 minutes in. They didn't look good simply because they didn't have to, that was probably one of the easiest games they play all season. Toothless

I disagree with that, I thought they were pretty nervous by the end. The fans seemed distinctly restless, and the players were resorting to hoofing it out as quickly as possible. If I were a Preston fan yesterday, I definitely wouldn't have felt confident that the game was won until the whistle actually blew.

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree with that, I thought they were pretty nervous by the end. The fans seemed distinctly restless, and the players were resorting to hoofing it out as quickly as possible. If I were a Preston fan yesterday, I definitely wouldn't have felt confident that the game was won until the whistle actually blew.

Agree but then they arent as familiar with our forwards as we are. I never thought we would score yesterday really missing an Harkins tupe to give us a glimmer of hope.

You've got to hold and give, but do it at the right time. You can be slow or fast, but you must get to the line. They'll always hit you and hurt you - defend and attack. There's only one way to beat them - get round the back.

We lost for one simple reason. JCH can't head a ball. He had 4 clear cut heading chances, one a cushion header to the goalie from 6 yards in the firt half and two where he failed to connect t ll and the worst an unmarked for post header when he managed to head the ball straight down into the ground. Instead, many seek to blame Kelly or anyone else. I've seen every game this season and whilst I miss Wez and Korey, I don't blame our 90 min every game captain for them not re-signing. He works very hard for the team and will truffle to pick out our strkrs who can't control pass, lose their defenders or even run the channels....never mind the woeful inability to head in decent crosses (as Pope did so easily for PV against us).

So, suggest the moaners stop targeting their own boo boys and smell the coffee as to where the main problem has been and still is!

Let's hope the loan signings sort this out.

We lost for one simple reason. JCH can't head a ball. He had 4 clear cut heading chances, one a cushion header to the goalie from 6 yards in the firt half and two where he failed to connect t ll and the worst an unmarked for post header when he managed to head the ball straight down into the ground. Instead, many seek to blame Kelly or anyone else. I've seen every game this season and whilst I miss Wez and Korey, I don't blame our 90 min every game captain for them not re-signing. He works very hard for the team and will truffle to pick out our strkrs who can't control pass, lose their defenders or even run the channels....never mind the woeful inability to head in decent crosses (as Pope did so easily for PV against us).

So, suggest the moaners stop targeting their own boo boys and smell the coffee as to where the main problem has been and still is!

Let's hope the loan signings sort this out.

If you had seen every game you wouldnt be on here defending Kelly be interesting to see statistics for misplaced passes but in most games ive seen he turns possession more than any central midfielder ive seen, I appreciate there is a player in there but I can honestly say we have yet to see it, JCH is what he is a kid whose confidence is shot a player who is being asked to do a job he isnt upto as for his chances they where hardly as clear cut as you make out but that depends how you want to view the game, what I will say is plenty of strikers manage to find the net when they leave us no doubt JCH will be another.