Oldham Nil

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry Jorvik.... ok 5 games then.

I want all players to succeed and its nothing personal but he isnt good enough at the moment.

And the captaincy is probably not helping his cause.

Happy now?

Yet today for my money, Kelly was the better of our centre mid. But the way he has been wrote off already he doesn't stand a chance on here.

How did Kelly do today? I though he was a bit better on Tuesday than he had been previously.

Did his progress continue today?

(These questions are aimed at somebody sensible)

He looked better than Tuesday, there definitely is a decent footballer in there, we looked more of a force when he drove forward and he put himself about. My opinion only but we will start to get results shortly as today we made one of the better teams look ordinary today, and could have won with better finishing. This now depends on whether you count me as a sensible poster, as I do possess the ability to talk utter bolllocks.

He's a full time professional, not a part timer who has to work for a living and play as well.

No matter what his ability (and he has undoubted ability) he should be able to last 90 minutes.

He can. Just the manager doesn't think he can, therefore breaks out the he can't last 90 minutes excuse as to why he subs our best player.

I'd really love to see the evidence the manager has for bringing out such utter nonsense. He must have some otherwise some serious questions need asking. As to my trained eye Winchester hasn't been struggling for fitness just before he is subbed in the last 4 games.

If Noble is supposed to be the replacement for Baxter/Harkins, why not play him as such. He isn't going to get much opportunity in 10 minutes, or less.

If we'd have won today it would have been a bit of robbery as we were poor for the first 30 minutes. PNE definitely couldn't complain if we'd got a draw though.

To be Frank I was very disappointed in our support today too. It took 8 minutes before the negativity started. One person in particular, who I'm fairly certain posts on here, should have saved £15 and not bothered going as he didn't say one positive thing all game. Singing negative songs about the lack of atmosphere to the home equivalent of the main stand, when the home end is making what was actually a decent bit of noise just makes you and the rest of us look stupid too.

They certainly were not as good as they were in March, and whilst I think they will still make the play-offs I'd fancy us to be playing them again next season.

How did Kelly do today? I though he was a bit better on Tuesday than he had been previously.

Did his progress continue today?

(These questions are aimed at somebody sensible)

I do feel for him, non existent strikeforce leaves him having to either knock hopeful balls into the channels or pass it backwards/ sideways to keep possession.

Sorry Jorvik.... ok 5 games then.

I want all players to succeed and its nothing personal but he isnt good enough at the moment.

And the captaincy is probably not helping his cause.

Happy now?

No, sorry.

It's 4 league games, 2 of which have been against 2 of the teams who will be up there at the end of the season. It's all a bit knee-jerk. People have some good points and it's not all rosy but posts, especially yours, are over egging the pudding. Give it a few weeks (week in, week out) and see where we are then. We're 2 weeks into the season for :censored:'s sake.

Winchester and Philliskirk we're running the show yet again he makes subs when we're on top and kills all momentum

We are LJs guinea pig experment and even I am surprised how quickly it has unravelled it's been :censored:ing :censored: for months but we hide behind a 10 match unbeaten run that was mostly draws anyway with very few goals. The team is devoid of leadership, belief and a will to win. The buck stops with LJ.

Preston were absolute :censored:e, jittery at the back and offered little going forward yet still won without breaking sweat....

Exactly Winchester and Philliskirk were getting a grip on the game which disappeared when they were subbed. All this Winchester can't last 90 mins is a smokescreen to keep LJs mates on the pitch.

I can't tell if we've become a parody of ourselves on here now, the moaning is that ridiculous.

Admittedly, I've only seen us play Middlesborough so far. But even I could see with the core of our experienced midfield leaving, no experienced striker brought in and Lockwood out for the start of the season we'd be off to an spluttering start.

I know, let's blame the manager again. Where has that got us in the past?

He can. Just the manager doesn't think he can, therefore breaks out the he can't last 90 minutes excuse as to why he subs our best player.

I'd really love to see the evidence the manager has for bringing out such utter nonsense. He must have some otherwise some serious questions need asking. As to my trained eye Winchester hasn't been struggling for fitness just before he is subbed in the last 4 games.

If Noble is supposed to be the replacement for Baxter/Harkins, why not play him as such. He isn't going to get much opportunity in 10 minutes, or less.

If we'd have won today it would have been a bit of robbery as we were poor for the first 30 minutes. PNE definitely couldn't complain if we'd got a draw though.

To be Frank I was very disappointed in our support today too. It took 8 minutes before the negativity started. One person in particular, who I'm fairly certain posts on here, should have saved £15 and not bothered going as he didn't say one positive thing all game. Singing negative songs about the lack of atmosphere to the home equivalent of the main stand, when the home end is making what was actually a decent bit of noise just makes you and the rest of us look stupid too.

They certainly were not as good as they were in March, and whilst I think they will still make the play-offs I'd fancy us to be playing them again next season.

A good post.

But why are we being fed this line about players not being fit enough for 2 or 3 games a week, Forte, Noble ,Winchester etc, it can have a negative effect in that players can believe it themselves.

Also we were told during the week B Wilson was 50/50 with a groin problem, yet he starts on Saturday in place of a brimming with fitness and eager Brown.

Get your fit and in form players out there LJ and for goodness sake end our misery and sign a striker who can put the ball in the net, if you have any sort of decent scouting network you will find this type of player, Barnsley got Devante Cole on loan from right under your nose for example.

Or he could sign a left winger and play Forte as a striker.

This is what I was thinking...we could even try Mills (who was poor again yesterday) on the left-wing and sign a left-back.

I think LJ thought he'd cracked this management lark with the tactics that saw us go undefeated in the last ten games of last season. A young, low in confidence JCH needs support, though. I'd also give Morgan-Smith more game time - we attacked so slowly yesterday but having him, JCH and Forte on the pitch might give us more opportunity to run at the opposition. I also must be missing something with DP - I don't think he brings much to the party.

On paper, a narrow defeat to much-fancied Preston might look like a good performance, but it wasn't. Whoever we play, we always concede and end up chasing the game. We were better in the second-half but, like the first half-hour against Port Vale, we couldn't have been much worse.

We all know that we need a new striker we are unlikely to get anyone that improves what we have got for 2 reasons:

1 Finance: what little budget we did have is all but spent

2 if we do go into the loan market managers are unlikely to want young players to come to a struggling Div 1 team no matter how much of a friendly caring etc club we are

Winchester and Philliskirk we're running the show yet again he makes subs when we're on top and kills all momentum

We are LJs guinea pig experment and even I am surprised how quickly it has unravelled it's been :censored:ing :censored: for months but we hide behind a 10 match unbeaten run that was mostly draws anyway with very few goals. The team is devoid of leadership, belief and a will to win. The buck stops with LJ.

Preston were absolute :censored:e, jittery at the back and offered little going forward yet still won without breaking sweat....

Welcome back.

A good post.

But why are we being fed this line about players not being fit enough for 2 or 3 games a week, Forte, Noble ,Winchester etc, it can have a negative effect in that players can believe it themselves.

Also we were told during the week B Wilson was 50/50 with a groin problem, yet he starts on Saturday in place of a brimming with fitness and eager Brown.

Get your fit and in form players out there LJ and for goodness sake end our misery and sign a striker who can put the ball in the net, if you have any sort of decent scouting network you will find this type of player, Barnsley got Devante Cole on loan from right under your nose for example.

Noble isn't fit enough and Forte's natural physiology, which gives him some serious pace, will take away his stamina. Winchester on the other hand...

As for why we says such and such a player is 50/50, only to start and play the full 90 (or vice-a-versa not make the bench) I often think that is more for the oppositions benefit and not ours. I suggest you don't take everything Johnson says like that too seriously as most of the time it's bollocks, but I have no issue with that sort of bollocks as I can see the benefits of it. I thought B. Wilson played quite well yesterday, and perhaps was a reason for them being a bit lacklustre as they might have had a plan to target Connor Brown. Brown can consider himself to be a bit unlucky to get dropped especially with the way Mills is playing.

Why aren't our players fit? Isn't that the basic prerequisite of being a footballer?

Absolutely shocking we've got players that aren't able to play for the entirety of what they're being paid to do. Get it if injured etc but any other reason is not good enough. We've made the decision to not have reserve football so if match practice is the reason then I'm sorry but it's another poor decision. How can a professional football club call itself that if it can't train players to last? Absolutely shocking that in my eyes.

But hey ho, mustn't say how frustrated I am as others will be massively offered I haven't said how optimistic and unlucky we've been and how the next result or clean sheet is right round the corner. Daft!

A good post.

I would have played Conor Brown, but B. Wilson had a good game yesterday. And his crossing of a ball is better than our left back.

He takes off Winchester as he is easy to hook off as a young lad who doesn't appear to cause problems in the changing room

The 10 games last season are papering over the cracks for some and most of them were draws and keeping it tight at the back

Team is full of his ex teammates who if he genuinely thinks are decent players are letting him not just the club down

Doesn't seem to have the contacts to bring in players above our level like Dickov managed in Derbyshire's etc

I don't see where a win is coming from to be honest and I don't see him as the man to turn this around

I would seriuosly only giving him 5 games and if things don't improve hand him his p45 to piss off to his need stepping stone in Scotland instead of tinkering with tatics (poorly) week in week out at Latics

Hiding behind a low budget is crap this is his side and his job is too work with it, he knew when he took over that there was hardly 2p to rub together

Use loans and look at players from youth sides or championship clubs who have done the business in this league in the past

Coaching Staff Join Date May 2009 Posts 2,394
I think we were tactically out thought by a very bright young Oldham manager who made a group of inferior players put us on the rack in the second half, and with a little better finishing would have taken all 3 points.

Grayson is definitely looking like a one trick pony at the moment.

From the Preston forum

europne

user-offline.png

Coaching Staff

May 2009

I think we were tactically out thought by a very bright young Oldham manager who made a group of inferior players put us on the rack in the second half, and with a little better finishing would have taken all 3 points.

Grayson is definitely looking like a one trick pony at the moment.

From the Preston forum

I don't think things are good at the moment. But they're a long way from being bad.