"Come in a taxi....."

I totally understand why we had such a low turn out yesterday but I hadn't realised how awful we looked until I got home and watched (well, fast forwarded) the Sky coverage. Maybe being so spread out didn't help. A mate who was in the Kop sent me a text to ask if some coaches had got stuck.

Like the team we seemed jaded and only half heartedly made attempts to sign or cheer on the lads. I accept that I entered the ground with resignation that a defeat was on the cards and vow to try harder at the final few games (can't make Wycombe sadly). I also hate being sat so low down - no fecking idea what was going on in the couple of scrambles at the far eend in 1st half. Reminded me a of a goal we scored at Saltergate once when we only realised we'd scored when we noticed the players celebrating - seemd like at least 15 secs after the goal that we broke out into polite applause!

I know that if the team create chances, show passion and heaven forbid, score, that we will respond. But they are struggling and perhaps we need to be nore proactive and just enjoy the finale to the season, whatever happens. Being at a game, even these days, sure beats the summer Saturdays when the wife is suggesting things to do......

I totally understand why we had such a low turn out yesterday but I hadn't realised how awful we looked until I got home and watched (well, fast forwarded) the Sky coverage. Maybe being so spread out didn't help. A mate who was in the Kop sent me a text to ask if some coaches had got stuck.

Like the team we seemed jaded and only half heartedly made attempts to sign or cheer on the lads. I accept that I entered the ground with resignation that a defeat was on the cards and vow to try harder at the final few games (can't make Wycombe sadly). I also hate being sat so low down - no fecking idea what was going on in the couple of scrambles at the far eend in 1st half. Reminded me a of a goal we scored at Saltergate once when we only realised we'd scored when we noticed the players celebrating - seemd like at least 15 secs after the goal that we broke out into polite applause!

I know that if the team create chances, show passion and heaven forbid, score, that we will respond. But they are struggling and perhaps we need to be nore proactive and just enjoy the finale to the season, whatever happens. Being at a game, even these days, sure beats the summer Saturdays when the wife is suggesting things to do......

That depends what the wife is suggesting :wink:

I had a bit of an issue with the stewards on the way in, I paid on the gate but I wasn't given a ticket stub but the steward wouldn't let me get into the quarter-empty stand then eventually after speaking to Marketing Jen who unfortunately couldn't do much and getting a lecture off the steward about how I should always receive a ticket he let me in.

It's the most ironic thing about when fans of another team mocks an away following that they mock the people who have made the effort to turn up. But when 20,000 people were singing "Wednesday til I die" you've got to take your hat off to fans who have stuck by their club in large numbers

I had a bit of an issue with the stewards on the way in, I paid on the gate but I wasn't given a ticket stub but the steward wouldn't let me get into the quarter-empty stand then eventually after speaking to Marketing Jen who unfortunately couldn't do much and getting a lecture off the steward about how I should always receive a ticket he let me in.

It's the most ironic thing about when fans of another team mocks an away following that they mock the people who have made the effort to turn up. But when 20,000 people were singing "Wednesday til I die" you've got to take your hat off to fans who have stuck by their club in large numbers

That was a large crowd even for Wednesday. They have dipped a low as 15 last season. But so they should, huh club, big city with a huge catchment area. The same argument I give to city fans.

The game came at the wrong time for me personally, money is tight and with ST prices announced I realised how skint I was. I think the fact it was on Sky helped, and I went last year and still have Gigg Lane to visit, this has been my most expensive season yet. Hurry up July!