Hughesy at Miiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiii

You know. That team who start a chant for their team and cant even get past the 2nd letter.

I think Hughesy's in for his most notable abuse tomorrow. Anyone who's heard about what Millwall fans are capable of, at the Den regarding people with a forgettable history/past will know it's not going to be easy for him.

Said at the start of the season there will only be 3 teams that'll be able to give Hughesy abuse on a serious scale and that's Leeds, Millwall and Swansea. Be interesting to see how Hughesy copes with it all as what he's had so far hasnt been anywhere near the scale i'm sure he's expected.

Dunno why they'll boo him till they're blue in the face. Half of them have more than likely been inside themselves.

Edited by Rocky_Latic

Lol....So, after what's been a very productive loan period and having received many plaudits from his current boss (esp. with regards to being helpful with the kids) what are your thoughts on bringing Ricketts back for another (deserved) chance then Mr Positive? :grin:

Don't know how Coco feels but Shez was quoted as saying he'd "rather have half a dozen rabid ferretts chewing on his scrotum than let Ricketts anywhere near this club again!"

Don't know how Coco feels but Shez was quoted as saying he'd "rather have half a dozen rabid ferretts chewing on his scrotum than let Ricketts anywhere near this club again!"

Lol.....that was probably after plenty of pints :wink: TBH, the Ricketts farce says more about Shez than it does about Ricketts for me. He's not got a problem down Walsall and is doing just fine. Model player apparently. Oh well....getting the best out of big name players clearly isn't Shez's strong point IMO. Can throw a few other players names in the hat for that one too....You could say Hughes proves that theory wrong, but I don't think Shez has anything to do with Hughes' success with us so far. More likely putting his own life right for the wrongs he's done is getting the best out of him. Oh...and that he's far, far better than this level.

Lol.....that was probably after plenty of pints :wink: TBH, the Ricketts farce says more about Shez than it does about Ricketts for me. He's not got a problem down Walsall and is doing just fine. Model player apparently. Oh well....getting the best out of big name players clearly isn't Shez's strong point IMO.

The only manager ever to get the best out of Michael Ricketts is Sam Allardyce. He might be ok at Walsall but they are certainly not getting the best out of him. We have been a much better side without Ricketts in the team, which to me suggests Shez realised he made a mistake in signing him and decided to get rid.

The only manager ever to get the best out of Michael Ricketts is Sam Allardyce. He might be ok at Walsall but they are certainly not getting the best out of him. We have been a much better side without Ricketts in the team, which to me suggests Shez realised he made a mistake in signing him and decided to get rid.

We've seemed much better without Lids or Gregan too....swings and roundabouts.....I'd suggest we're much better because of the style of play and the 4-3-3/4-5-1 formation we've been adopting instead of the 4-4-2, rather than Ricketts being the blame as many like to. Ricketts didn't play vs Udders.....was the same gash. He played vs Vale and was the bet on the pitch (and still yet to win at home in the league since he went.) Rest is history. Ricketts is the easy target. He's served his purpose I guess! Lol.

Edited by boundaryblue80

We look a better team without him and despite our inability to hit a cow's arse with a banjo we look more threatening and are creating the amount of chances we were last season. With Ricketts in the team we weren't doing that because he couldn't be bothered in dragging his ample arse into the box to get on the end of things. Winning the flick on or spraying the ball wide is half of being an effective forward the other half for a player of his perceived calibre is getting on the end of the cross/second phase of play.

Edited by oafcprozac

We look a better team without him and despite our inability to hit a cow's arse with a banjo we look more threatening and are creating the amount of chances we were last season. With Ricketts in the team we weren't doing that because he couldn't be bothered in dragging his ample arse into the box to get on the end of things. Winning the flick on or spraying the ball wide is half of being an effective forward the other half for a player of his perceived calibre is getting on the end of the cross/second phase of play.

Nowt to do with Gary Mc "dragging his ample arse into the box to get on the end of things" finally then? Ya know, to get onto the flick ons and knock downs Ricketts was doing?

Nowt to do with Gary Mc "dragging his ample arse into the box to get on the end of things" finally then? Ya know, to get onto the flick ons and knock downs Ricketts was doing?

Trouble is Gary Mac only came into the team when Ricketts was dropped so we can only speculate. Part of me would've like to have seen Ricketts and Hughes play together but from what I heard at the trust dinner is was highly unlikely Ricketts would've been here after October/November anyway unless he had been a revelation.

Trouble is Gary Mac only came into the team when Ricketts was dropped so we can only speculate. Part of me would've like to have seen Ricketts and Hughes play together but from what I heard at the trust dinner is was highly unlikely Ricketts would've been here after October/November anyway unless he had been a revelation.

To be honest, we'll never know what the truth is. But I think fans have unfairly made up their own minds based on not even half truths, but sheer rumour. We got slated for not "pass, pass, passing" it early on. We never did in games Ricketts missed....but then he leaves, the formation changes, Hughes gets fit, and we pass, pass, pass. A few other personel come in like Trotman who've made a world of difference (who wasn't even a revelation to me as I was banging on last season that he should've been played....he was more than capable in my eyes, back then.) Loads of reasons for the improvement we've had. Ok, the dressing room may have become uneasy over things with Ricketts and Shez that not one of us know about. And that could be just as easily Shez's fault than Ricketts. It's fair to say we won't see him in a Latics shirt again. But I'll challenge people when they say "it must be coz of Ricketts" that we started the season so badly coz it's simply not the truth. Possibly a small percentage, but nowhere like what a good number of fans think. And the fact he's doing well at Walsall makes me think Shez has a problem with big name players. We shall see. It's going to be interesting when Gregan and Lids is fit. Coz for me, at present, neither would start. We might possibly have a strong bench for once, when players become available which is a must for any successful side.

Bringing back Ricketts has it's good points and bad points, it would strengthen our front line but may disrupt our current good form.

I believe it would be better for both parties to come to an arrangement meaning Michel can leave the club.

Christ this is hard work.

Bringing back Ricketts has it's good points and bad points, it would strengthen our front line but may disrupt our current good form.

I believe it would be better for both parties to come to an arrangement meaning Michel can leave the club.

Christ this is hard work.

Lets just speculate that it wasn't planned for Ricketts to be at the club for a Long period and he had to prove his worth as a player to keep the 3 yr contract offered :wink:

Ricketts is/was a good player especially at this level, his brain is a faster than most in this division when it comes to seeing the pass and laying the ball off .

Maybe the shock of being told he wasn't wanted/needed at Ickle Oldham gave Ricketts the wake up call he needed to realise that if he wanted to earn money to pay for the increased fuel prices for his two flash cars he would have to knuckle down and stop playing the bid " I am "

I think Hughes will be like Wellens in the way that when the fans turn on him he will step up his game and enjoy the hurt on their faces, when he scores or passes the ball for an assist !!