Main Stand Paddock - Food issue!

I was pretty annoyed yesterday at half time. The whistle went and i set off to get something to eat. I was served by about 10 to 4 so your talking no more than 5 minutes after the whistle. When I went through there were:

No Pies (of any variety!)

No Hot Dogs

No Burgers

Do I have to miss part of the game to get a pie? They must have needed to serve 40-50 people AFTER me at least, so they've missed out on a few quid there.

Shambles!

I was pretty annoyed yesterday at half time. The whistle went and i set off to get something to eat. I was served by about 10 to 4 so your talking no more than 5 minutes after the whistle. When I went through there were:

No Hot Dogs

No Burgers

Do I have to miss part of the game to get a pie? They must have needed to serve 40-50 people AFTER me at least, so they've missed out on a few quid there.

Shambles!

Fookin...........................Booo!

No Hot Dogs

No Burgers

Shambles!

The club whinges about losing money and the apathy in the town, but for minimal effort the turnover could improve by thousands by just being pro-active. But knowing Latics they order the same amount of catering and proggies that they do for a cold winter's night at home to Bristol Rovers rather than an opening day derby against Stockport where there are double the fans. I despair at times I really do...

Edited by oafcprozac

The club whinges about losing money and the apathy in the town, but for minimal effort the turnover could improve ny thousands by just being pro-active. But knowing Latics they order the same amount of catering and proggies that they do for a cold winter's night at home to Bristol Rovers rather than an opening day derby against Stockport where there are double the fans. I despair at times I really do...

Bugs me how we haven't got a scoreboard either - how much advertising revenue has been lost since it broke?

No Hot Dogs

No Burgers

Shambles!

We waited in the que in the RRE for 15 mins at half time only to get to the front to be told we have no food left, only bottles of diet coke left aswell, this is not good and is surely costing the club much needed pennies especially as my fat brother would have had a pie and a burger.

We waited in the que in the RRE for 15 mins at half time only to get to the front to be told we have no food left, only bottles of diet coke left aswell, this is not good and is surely costing the club much needed pennies especially as my fat brother would have had a pie and a burger.

Have you got a thin brother and what does he eat ? :lol:

No Hot Dogs

No Burgers

Shambles!

I arrived at 2.45pm and there wasn't any cheese for the burgers and the only crisps were prawn cocktail. Roy Keane would be spinning in his grave!

No Hot Dogs

No Burgers

Shambles!

I don't expect much at Latics nowadays and thats one reason why I don't by programmes, food and beer.

I don't expect much at Latics nowadays and thats one reason why I don't by programmes, food and beer.

Realistically how much are you saving a season?

I would be interested to know, added to the fans who wanted to buy food and proggies yesterday + the 1000/1500 stayaways from 5-6 years ago - that's a tidy sum per season, but for some baffling reason TTA continue to sell the fans short. What's the point of a new stadium if the fans are treated to sub-standard food/programmes or amenities that sell out well before they should do. CRAZY!

Some quick figures

Pie, bag of crisp, brew and programme £7 x 23 = 161 = say two cup games - £14 so that's £175

x that by an extra 1,000 = £175,000 per season, just by TTA giving a :censored: as to the fans experience! Even if my figures are overly optimistic surely it would be around the 100k mark.

Then add in the scoreboard revenue lost over the last 5 years???

Factor in a commercial/marketing expert who could generate interest and the so called losses that are continually bleated about may well be much less. The more I think about it, the more i'm convinced we are being run into the ground so we feel we have no option to move grounds and TTA continually enjoy their 'martyr' status.

Factor in a commercial/marketing expert who could generate interest and the so called losses that are continually bleated about may well be much less. The more I think about it, the more i'm convinced we are being run into the ground so we feel we have no option to move grounds and TTA continually enjoy their 'martyr' status.

See, this is where the criticism stops making sense to me. As you know I don't claim to know what TTA's ultimate motivations are, I hope that they care enough about the club to do right by us. But even if they didn't, even if they were just all out to make as much cash as possible, why would they cut their noses off to spite their faces? There may or may not be good reasons why the food service is crap (which it is) - I recall the club responded specifically to many points raised on here about catering a couple of seasons ago - or maybe it's also down to crap management. But to link it to some deliberate scheme is nonsense.

See, this is where the criticism stops making sense to me. As you know I don't claim to know what TTA's ultimate motivations are, I hope that they care enough about the club to do right by us. But even if they didn't, even if they were just all out to make as much cash as possible, why would they cut their noses off to spite their faces? There may or may not be good reasons why the food service is crap (which it is) - I recall the club responded specifically to many points raised on here about catering a couple of seasons ago - or maybe it's also down to crap management. But to link it to some deliberate scheme is nonsense.

Andy, their thinking is why pay someone £20k a year to generate £50k revenue? I mean FFS I wish I could throw away £30k in potential income. I just doesn't make sense. Ok £50K the first year, then go from there and improve. Hardy did a lot of good work on the commercial side in the 80s and early 90s. Jarvis came up with a lot of good initiatives but the club now has an amateur approach that is costing the club money.

Ask Tangerine Dreams about his Ryan Brooke sponsorship, tip of a very big iceberg!

Edited by oafcprozac

Andy, their thinking is why pay someone £20k a year to generate £50k revenue? I mean FFS I wish I could throw away £30k in potential income. I just doesn't make sense. Ok £50K the first year, then go from there and improve. Hardy did a lot of good work on the commercial side in the 80s and early 90s. Jarvis came up with a lot of good initiatives but the club now has an amateur approach that is costing the club money.

Ask Tangerine Dreams about his Ryan Brooke sponsorship, tip of a very big iceberg!

they should have looked at last seasons attendance....worked out how many season ticket holders this season,how many stockport tickets sold and come to a figure to cater for around the 6,500 mark.

this isnt a new problem though,plenty of times last season i went with me lad,and there wasnt cheese for burgers,onlt salt n vinegar crisps,no drinks etc etc.....the owners can just be blase about it and say this is what happens in a crumbling decaying stadium,it wont happen in the shiny new one...

but whilst we are still here at bp,we should at the very least be catered for....piss enough fans off this season and you wont have any problems getting into the new ground,there will be loads of space.

they should have looked at last seasons attendance....worked out how many season ticket holders this season,how many stockport tickets sold and come to a figure to cater for around the 6,500 mark.

this isnt a new problem though,plenty of times last season i went with me lad,and there wasnt cheese for burgers,onlt salt n vinegar crisps,no drinks etc etc.....the owners can just be blase about it and say this is what happens in a crumbling decaying stadium,it wont happen in the shiny new one...

but whilst we are still here at bp,we should at the very least be catered for....piss enough fans off this season and you wont have any problems getting into the new ground,there will be loads of space.

EXACTLY, the arrogance surrounding marketing the club is asounding. as Corp says moving grounds is pointless if we still have the same fookwits marketing the club!

Where the food is concerned isn't there a company who pay the club a set amount for the refreshments contract? If that is the case the financial side shouldn't worry the club.

Perhaps not, but if you are continually leaving your 'hardcore' support with feelings of disaffection then the hierachy should take notice. It isn't only the odd person, hundreds every game are left without the option of being able to buy the refreshments they want - now fair enough if they are arriving at the end of half-time into the queue but their are regular stories of selling out before the game and certainly well before HT. Arses need to be kicked because the more they sell = more revenue to the club.

Edited by oafcprozac

I agree with that. The financial side is a different issue, only on this point. However, financial or not if people aren't happy they will vote with their feet and that will have a financial effect.

EXACTLY and as I've said if you have the same clowns making the same decisions in the new ground then the same problems will remain and that = equally crap crowds.

I think regarding refreshments and food, any pies, burgers and hotdogs left over just get binned, which is throwing money down a drain. OK, so they run out yesterday, but I reckon it was just on the stroke of HT because in all the years I've supported them I can count on one hand the amount of times they've run out of food when I got there at HT. The only thing on the refreshments side that the club should improve on is more food products which keep for longer being sold - More options, and yet no food being thrown down the pan.

This is purely my take on the refreshments 'debacle', but I agree on the marketing, or lack of therein. It's been a bugbear of mine for ages now, and I hate seeing us as a club miss out on potential revenue purely because of not employing someone with a little bit of marketing nous. One of the first things I'd like to see with someone coming in is using traditionally low attended games get bundled into ticket packages, so you can attend two or three fixtures for the price of one. Bollocks to ST moaning, we ALL want to see BP with a few more bums on seats and of this what it takes then so be it.

EXACTLY, the arrogance surrounding marketing the club is asounding. as Corp says moving grounds is pointless if we still have the same fookwits marketing the club!

they need to get someone in who is not just into marketing,but also a fan,because they know how other fans think and what they would like to see...

i can think of 5 ideas off the top of my head to attract people to bp that wouldnt break the bank,and also ideas for fans etc.....in fact i emailed the club last season with similar ideas and got told it was all in hand,then low and behold nothing happens.

yes i think a radical overhaul is needed to push the presence of the club...and even more so once we are in a new stadium,with a new area to exploit but mindfull not too far down the road we have serious competition...

hell.id do it for 20k and a season ticket hahahah...

Had a burger which clearly came out of a tin, on a dry bun, not very good.

yeah that was my last attempt at 'lunch' at BP too!! no cheese, onions or owt to go with it too!

but the mrs went for a brew for us both yesterday ... 2 x brews = £2.80 (iirc) the lad serving had no idea what the change was from a £5!! he had to get his calculator on his phone to help him !!

for anyone in charge of this joke of a catering team ... then this was the main stand!! get rid and go hire a chimp from chester zoo for the day! be cheaper paying its wages too!