The Admit it - You missed the goal thread

Ask the bloke, with all the enthusiasm of a monk with a vow of silence, with whose back you collided during your celebration! :grin:

He must have been an Evertonian - to react like he did then to leave with over five minutes still to play.

Yep I am guilty as charged, missed the goal in my eagerness to answer the call of nature and to feed my face.

Gutted.

Also I owe a massive apologie to the child (in the lower Bullens) who I knocked of the seat which he was stood on when I became overcome with giddyness at the end of the game. I did make sure he was OK and hadn't hurt himself to much.

If his Dad comes on here then I do really sincerley Apologise.

Edited by AMO

Couple of lads behind me (Including a Liverpool fan) went for a pint with about 5 minutes to go.

Glad I couldn't be bothered even trying to go for a pint as I was topped up from the train and session in Coopers Bar & Wetherspoons.

Why would anyone have wanted to leave early to get a pint yesterday. I can understand people going early at HT and missing the goal or if we being slaughtered. But surely what is the point of going full stop if you were going to leave early yesterday. The celebrations will of yesetrday will live long in the memory for everyone who was part of them. I don't understand some people I really don't

Edited by GlossopLatic

I didnt... but this is in honour of some beardy bussers who had the glummest faces in the world at half time, after they had sneaked out early to top up thier booze tanks...

:grin: Never laughed so much in my life - you only went a missed the best goal celebrations I have ever seen as a latics fan.... well, except THAT penalty...

Come on... own up if you missed it....

:laught16:

What a day... the celebrations at the goal and final whistle will live long in the memory.... we only went and beat Everton!

Ok, ok. I'll admit it! I'd say I'm gutted, but I'm not! I'm going to be smiling for a while :grin:

"Why would anyone have wanted to leave early to get a pint yesterday. I can understand people going early at HT and missing the goal or if we being slaughtered. But surely what is the point of going full stop if you were going to leave early yesterday. The celebrations will of yesetrday will live long in the memory for everyone who was part of them. I don't understand some people I really don't "

... your kidding right ????

It was like the early 90's all over again, but better!

A bold statement but definitely up there. It has to be said, during those cup runs, we didn't go to a ground like Goodison and win, although we came pretty damn close in 1990.

I feel this year could certainly be as memorable as then. Let's hope we don't miss out on the playoffs by a point or two like we did back then.

I went for a call of nature and some beer about 4 mins before the end of normal time. Upon seeing the queues at the bar, I restricted myself to just the call of nature. Luckily! :D

So you went for the instinctive pint and didn't bother with the toilets? :grin:

Was round the back drinknig a chang and saw it on tv

everyone round the back went crazy, beer flying everywhere, was mental!!!

10 pound 50 p for 2 changs and a hot dog :o

2 Pies and 2 Pints came to around 13 quid gave her a tenner then went in my pocket to get some change, but she handed £7 change to me before I could.