Everton fans

This might just be from my experience but the Everton fans were possibly the nicest opposition fans I've met.

Me and everyone else I was with had to walk back to the car amongst the Everton fans and on about 5 seperate occasions, some of them just stopped when they noticed that me and my cousin had Oldham shirts on and promptly walked over to congratulate us on a superb win and none of them showed any bitterness towards us, whereas fans of other clubs would have grasped the oppertunity to shout abuse at us.

This might just be from my experience but the Everton fans were possibly the nicest opposition fans I've met.

Me and everyone else I was with had to walk back to the car amongst the Everton fans and on about 5 seperate occasions, some of them just stopped when they noticed that me and my cousin had Oldham shirts on and promptly walked over to congratulate us on a superb win and none of them showed any bitterness towards us, whereas fans of other clubs would have grasped the oppertunity to shout abuse at us.

Agree - very friendly in The Winslow pub opposite the main entrance before the match. Shame that a few more Latics fans weren't in there.......... Mouldy Old Dough on the jukebox got the day off to a good start!

We had a comedien on in the pub before the game....courtesy of Carl Spiers' excellent organisation. Some Everton fans were knocking about, none gave any abuse at all. Always had a soft spot for them and I hope they have plenty of success for the rest of the season.

We had a comedien on in the pub before the game....courtesy of Carl Spiers' excellent organisation. Some Everton fans were knocking about, none gave any abuse at all. Always had a soft spot for them and I hope they have plenty of success for the rest of the season.

Same. If I had to support any Merseyside team it'd be Everton.

Think my soft sport for them is cos my GCSE history teacher was an Everton fan and never went through a lesson without mentioning them

yeah i had to walk back to the car park in stanley park (£8!!!!!! daylight robbery) had my shirt on and had people saying 'well done' and 'hope you get a good draw', i was a little suprised they let us out at the same time as there was 5500 of us, but no problems at all....i have read on some of the football ground review sites that they are one of most welcoming clubs/fans in the prem.

nice club, nice fans! wish em well for rest of season!

yeah i had to walk back to the car park in stanley park (£8!!!!!! daylight robbery) had my shirt on and had people saying 'well done' and 'hope you get a good draw', i was a little suprised they let us out at the same time as there was 5500 of us, but no problems at all....i have read on some of the football ground review sites that they are one of most welcoming clubs/fans in the prem.

nice club, nice fans! wish em well for rest of season!

Sorry to sour this thread BUT I dislike the bar stewards. Still remember coaches getting bricked at Goodison in 89/90 season and their fans kicking the sheite of a car :huh: on Rochdale Road. Self styled hoolie Andy Nicholls is also a plank of the highest order. Then there is Graeme Sharp :mad: . Bill Kenwright and Hatton are pericks of the highest order also and Moyes is too reminscent of Fergie for me. Give me Liverpool any day of the week.

Made yesterdays win sweet for me.

Sorry :wink: .

KOTK

there are scum 'fans' at every club and tbh in a place like liverpool there certainly will be more chavs and scallies than in most places so its not surprising that we have some bad memories - didnt they trash a pub on Rochdale Rd a few years ago ?? (white hart ?). All that accepted , given the fact it was a few years ago, I found all the Evertonians I met yesterday to be gracious, friendly and decent folk who accepted defeat with dignity and wished us well !. Apart from the steward who kept telling me to sit down and that people behind were complaining - when I pointed out to him I was on the back row and behind me was a tunnel he said if I argued he'd throw me out ! - cue the goal and everyone then stood for the entire second half !! - jobsworth lacking in common sense !

Thanx also to the Latics fan who helped me hobble to the coaches after badly twisting my knee - you are a true gent sir !

there are scum 'fans' at every club and tbh in a place like liverpool there certainly will be more chavs and scallies than in most places so its not surprising that we have some bad memories - didnt they trash a pub on Rochdale Rd a few years ago ?? (white hart ?). All that accepted , given the fact it was a few years ago, I found all the Evertonians I met yesterday to be gracious, friendly and decent folk who accepted defeat with dignity and wished us well !. Apart from the steward who kept telling me to sit down and that people behind were complaining - when I pointed out to him I was on the back row and behind me was a tunnel he said if I argued he'd throw me out ! - cue the goal and everyone then stood for the entire second half !! - jobsworth lacking in common sense !

Thanx also to the Latics fan who helped me hobble to the coaches after badly twisting my knee - you are a true gent sir !

I found them to be very welcoming. Except when I got home. My mum is an evertonian and she wasn't as pleased.

£8 to park? We parked for free on a sidestreet on the otherside of the cemetary. My mum did mention parking round there is easy and free. If we get liverpool. I think we'd park there again.

didn't really have/see any bother with fans, though the police woman stood outside afer the game, just before the long search for the beardybus :D kindly reminded me to stop singing (oh when the blues was in full flow), i said yeah no problems then carried on singing...at which point she dragged me by the arm :bobby: and said in a soft scouse accent "it's for your own safety!!" now shut it :lol:

Fair enough!!!!

Walking back though unlit Stanley Park nice to have a Police Chopper lighting up my way

Or was he following me :blush:

didn't really have/see any bother with fans, though the police woman stood outside afer the game, just before the long search for the beardybus :D kindly reminded me to stop singing (oh when the blues was in full flow), i said yeah no problems then carried on singing...at which point she dragged me by the arm :bobby: and said in a soft scouse accent "it's for your own safety!!" now shut it :lol:

Fair enough!!!!

lol...I think I would of took my chances :grin:

Had no probs witht he Everton fans too, was in the Winslow early on and apart from trying to get served it was quite friendly, spoke to a few Evertonians who were very helpful and polite.

Must say though, Liverpool is a proper dive...

Was at Crewe station for about an hour waiting for the Oasis funtrain to roll on through, must have had about 10 seperate conversations with groups of everton lads - all of whom were absolutely spot on, and wished us all the best....

The only aggro I got was when a mob of about 10 tranmere fans rolled throught the station, I was chatting to a couple of everton lads - and I took some serious abuse from the bin-dipping scum, until one of the Everton fans shouted "F(lip) off you bunch of T(wonks), you are just jealous, why dont you try watching a proper football team like Oldham!"

They all shut up after that - the guy I was with then claimed he ran the Crewe Everton "Firm" and everyone knew him round there - nice bloke though!!!

Great day out - and have to say, the Everton fans are streets ahead in my book over the arrogant, red-scum who reside accross stanley park...

We had a walk over Stanley Park to a pub, The Arkles.

As we reached the end of the park we went through a small walkway, bear in mind there are about 30 of us. Old chap decked in Everton gear on a bike rides past.

"Alright boys, welcome to Sin City, watch your wallets"

Blimey what a welcome!

:ph34r:

Was at Crewe station for about an hour waiting for the Oasis funtrain to roll on through, must have had about 10 seperate conversations with groups of everton lads - all of whom were absolutely spot on, and wished us all the best....

The only aggro I got was when a mob of about 10 tranmere fans rolled throught the station, I was chatting to a couple of everton lads - and I took some serious abuse from the bin-dipping scum, until one of the Everton fans shouted "F(lip) off you bunch of T(wonks), you are just jealous, why dont you try watching a proper football team like Oldham!"

They all shut up after that - the guy I was with then claimed he ran the Crewe Everton "Firm" and everyone knew him round there - nice bloke though!!!

Great day out - and have to say, the Everton fans are streets ahead in my book over the arrogant, red-scum who reside accross stanley park...

On the way back to the car park in stanley park, which at night looks intimidating with all the police and the helicopter blinding me with its spotlight every now and then, was actually a good laugh. I was surrounded by quite a few Everton fans and the banter was great, saying well done and actually giving a true analysis of the game instead of the blinkered view of we didnt have a full strength squad, great bunch and fair play to them. All in all i think they have a great set of fans!

Another sour note im sorry, as my dads car had been smashed into and this is the first time ever its happened at an away game for us, just at the beginning of the east lancs road near the sports college, not to sure if its footy related, as it looked liked they had a good rummage through (all they found was paint lol) though the police seem to think it was as they left a letter saying thats what its been logged as matchday incident or something like that.

Bleedin Scousers :angry:

however may i just give u another side of the story lol.. as making our way to the ground in the car.. both our car and the 2 cars surrounding us were singing latics songs out of the window.. then a man who must have been 35 years old cvame over to our cars and took it up on him self to throw water over us.. was rather funny actually.. must have made him feel big:) :)