The new faces

No not that crap light entertainment programme from the 70/80. I wonder when we'll see any new players into the club this window. It'll be interesting to see who are our targets. At least whilst we're hearing nothing the negs are still ongoing unlike when we do it tends to signal said player isn't coming or staying.

No not that crap light entertainment programme from the 70/80. I wonder when we'll see any new players into the club this window. It'll be interesting to see who are our targets. At least whilst we're hearing nothing the negs are still ongoing unlike when we do it tends to signal said player isn't coming or staying.

i would be very suprised if he named his targets,plays his cards very close to his chest after getting shat on last season.

he did say he would like a couple of new faces before the next league game,but doesnt mean he will get them.

incidently nish has until the 11th to make his mind up on a new contract.

and i would of thought his field has been considerably narrowed,as we would ideally like players in that are not cuptied.

Got the impression from what was said last week that we should be seeing one sooner rather than later. i wouldn't be surprised to see Cywka as he's in the stiffs at Wiggin and as we were supposedly interested in Goodall in the close season then he might appear as well. Whatever happened to the Norwegian who was on trial here last month?

Well, it looks like a little extra funding is available from TTA to strengthen. I get the feeling Lomax will be allowed a little run in the side, I think he earnt that at Everton so perhaps Left Back is a position we're OK in, given Thompson could cover there if need be (not ideal).

Central midfield is crucial, Cwyka is a decent shout but perhaps a little inexperienced - One of the things we learned this season is our naivity in breaking sides down sometimes. Another striker is high on the priority list to replace Ricketts too so I'd think both these positions will be filled this month. Perhaps another wide player seeing Taylor will probably be out for a few weeks though this could just be a months loan as Liddell and Taylor ought to be back in time.

I think in defence we have plenty of options, especially when Gregan returns.

Still have a feeling. Blackpool MIGHT be a route, just signed McPhee from Hull and have a bid in for 13 goal striker Noel Hunt from Dundee. So Taylor-Fletcher, Burgess, Parker and Vernon might well be available.

Just a thought......

what is this obsession with vernon with a lot of oldham fans, he was not good enough the first time why would he be this time. (for those who say he was, get a grip)

we need to look to new faces, not where former players are at, allott is the excetion this season and hes proved alot of people wrong, but this does not been we should re-sign former platyers , MOVE ON

what is this obsession with vernon with a lot of oldham fans, he was not good enough the first time why would he be this time. (for those who say he was, get a grip)

we need to look to new faces, not where former players are at, allott is the excetion this season and hes proved alot of people wrong, but this does not been we should re-sign former platyers , MOVE ON

The important thing will be what the management think and I always got the impression Shez rated Verndog so I wouldn't be surprised to see him back here as he's not catching with the lashers now.

Vernon is now getting a fair few starts after his recent brace. Parker seems on the way out but his move to Barnsley has stalled. Maybe a good signing but he hasn't scored this season. T-F, Burgess etc are all in Grayson's plans, so no chance and their contracts have some way to go.

Why wouldn't Verndog do a job? He had a decent scoring ratio and an adequate injury record so we're effectively getting the same player back with more experience. Given he's going to be benchwarming a few times first he's about the type/level of player we will have in our sights anyway.

Scored a few goals in a handful of appearances for the Lashers this season too.

The FACT he scored goals for us as a 20 year old, scored goals to get Colchester promoted, scored goals to get Blackpool promoted and is now scoring goals in the Championship kinda points to him being good enough.

Vernon would have scored the same amount of goals Porter did if he had played for us last season.

The FACT he scored goals for us as a 20 year old, scored goals to get Colchester promoted, scored goals to get Blackpool promoted and is now scoring goals in the Championship kinda points to him being good enough.

Vernon would have scored the same amount of goals Porter did if he had played for us last season.

But Grayson won't release Vernon. With the capture of McPhee they now have 4 strikers - Vernon, Burgess, Morrell. Parker is on the way out, rated at £200k. A healthy competition, as McPhee can play in the holding role, in the wings as well as up front.

Whoa, settle down buddy, he only scored the one at Colchester:

Oldham Athletic 43 (20)

→ Blackpool (loan) 4 (3)

Blackpool 68 (16)

→ Colchester United (loan) 7 (1)

But I see what you mean, he can score goal but personally I wouldn't want him back.

Heavens no. Not singing. Please.

May I refer you to

that may make you rethink that statement.

You pedant! :lol::wink:

Agree 100% Coco scored 13 in his last season with us in leauge. Not a BAD RETURN. Only went because we needed Wellens.

most of vernons goals came as laste consolations in defeats for us after he had missed good chances to take the game to the oppo, losing 3-0 the pressures off, easy to score, he wasnt first choice at blackpool. and i dont think we can say his goals sent colchester up.

he certainly was not as good as porter or he would have reached the same figures in previous seasons, he certainly had the chances. im not saying he is a bad player but why resign him , in my opinion its a step back.

most of the players sold over the last few years where not a success here and neither where the teams they where in so why bring those players back.

we are looking for new faces not old faces who MIGHT do better this time

most of vernons goals came as laste consolations in defeats for us after he had missed good chances to take the game to the oppo, losing 3-0 the pressures off, easy to score, he wasnt first choice at blackpool. and i dont think we can say his goals sent colchester up.

he certainly was not as good as porter or he would have reached the same figures in previous seasons, he certainly had the chances. im not saying he is a bad player but why resign him , in my opinion its a step back.

most of the players sold over the last few years where not a success here and neither where the teams they where in so why bring those players back.

we are looking for new faces not old faces who MIGHT do better this time

I see what you mean, that Mark Allot signing hasn't worked out has it?

I see what you mean, that Mark Allot signing hasn't worked out has it?

i did say allott was the exception read further up, but if thats your point, why not sign 11 previous players who did nothing when they where here last time, you never know it might just work, . i hear matty tipton would re-sign maybe he would do better this time, palyoffs here we come! :wink:

i did say allott was the exception read further up, but if thats your point, why not sign 11 previous players who did nothing when they where here last time, you never know it might just work, . i hear matty tipton would re-sign maybe he would do better this time, palyoffs here we come! :wink:

lol, Danny Boshell could be just the attacking midfielder we need to replace Kilkenny!

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

And that John Eyre was a bad signing second time around.

rick holden wasnt as good second time, andy goram wasnt as good second time, neil kilkenny wasnt as good second time, tommy wright wasnt as good second time. and barring one thay are club legends

but i am sure if you put vernon up front, john eyre in midfield we are going to win promotion. well done senor. :wink:

having a think i dont remember anyone else you might be able to drag up that was mediocre at best and played for us twice.

my point is without trying to come across as a patronising t**t and probably failing is, palyers who have been and gone should not come back, we are trying to reach the championship and the players you have mentnioned are and where not good enough, if i am wrong then we should be in the championship already.shouldnt we?

forgot neil adams, wasnt as good second time, legend :blush:

Edited by palmer1

It's a tired cliché and has no basis in fact. If a player is deemed good enough to be signed by the manager it shouldn't matter which club he played for in the past.

if he signs for us again, i will support sheridans decision and support him, but until then i hope we don't and thats my opinion, which in the grand scheme like all of us , counts for nothing.