FA CUP Ticket sales & Prices

It is £14......................................in the NSM Paddock in advance!

So if im saying joe public mr fairweather would be tempted to come to the fourth round and pay £14 to sit in the covered chaddy end do you think they would be tempted to pay £14 to sit in a uncovered stand getting wet??

Think it through before replying guys!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I disagree....

Joe public would be more likely to come if it was £14 instead of £18...

I agree with your sentiments, but it's not going to happen. As has been said, the lowest we can go is £15 and it would be a hell of a struggle to get Hudds to agree to it.

driving to boundary park to save £2 on a match ticket probably costs more than £2 in petrol for a lot of us.

dont bang your head against the wall you will damage yourself.

i also expected the prices to be dropped for the 1st and 2nd rounds.

You don't have to drive to BP to get it. Call the ticket office.

You don't have to drive to BP to get it. Call the ticket office.

i speak for others when i say this is not possible if you work on a roof all day for cash in hand, but yes i could do this and take this opportunity for showing me how i can in future save £1.92 on my ticket.

I didn't expect the club to drop the prices but i think they should have done. £15 in all stands would have got more people to come. Perhaps they could have done a deal similar to what Burnley did for the Arsenal game, reduced prices but you have buy a ticket for another home game as well. If we play really well between now and then we might get a half decent crowd but i wouldn't expect more thn 7000 latics fans and i can't see Hudds selling out. Hope i'm proved wrong though and we get a full house

RE the season ticket holders getting reduced prices, they still owe them one from when loads got locked out of the free game (not that the free game as a bad idea, it was a very nice gesture from them but in hindsight it should have been organised better), they said they will make it up to them as far as i can recall they haven't done yet.

I never knew about the min £15....

Has that been in placed for years or just recently ?

It's in FA Cup Rules:

© Immediately after the draw is known, the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree the

prices of admission subject to the following conditions:

(i) The minimum admission (except to children and senior citizens) to matches shall be:

In the Extra-Preliminary, Preliminary and First Round Qualifying: £3.00

In the Second and Third Rounds Qualifying: £5.00

In the Fourth Round Qualifying: £6.00

In the First and Second Round Proper: £10.00

In the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Round Proper: £15.00

(ii) A higher admission charge may be mutually agreed between the Clubs concerned.

The Away Club’s spectators can only be charged more than the home team if agreed

by both clubs.

(iii) The price for admission for children and senior citizens must be mutually agreed

between the Clubs concerned.

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/EAB1CE14...Rules200708.pdf

It's in FA Cup Rules:

© Immediately after the draw is known, the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree the

prices of admission subject to the following conditions:

(i) The minimum admission (except to children and senior citizens) to matches shall be:

In the Extra-Preliminary, Preliminary and First Round Qualifying: £3.00

In the Second and Third Rounds Qualifying: £5.00

In the Fourth Round Qualifying: £6.00

In the First and Second Round Proper: £10.00

In the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Round Proper: £15.00

(ii) A higher admission charge may be mutually agreed between the Clubs concerned.

The Away Club’s spectators can only be charged more than the home team if agreed

by both clubs.

(iii) The price for admission for children and senior citizens must be mutually agreed

between the Clubs concerned.

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/EAB1CE14...Rules200708.pdf

Cool....its good really...insures that the away club dosent get screwed.....

Working in marketing, I see the club could do a fair bit more to market the club and get supporters through the gates. An FA cup run is a massive opportunity to get supporters who don't go often to get to league games too. Of course the product and success on the pitch is important but an idea like Gemma's is great to get them buying tickets for league games while they're there too.

Noticed that prior to the Christmas games, Man City had a big advertisement in one of the local papers (Think it was advertiser) for their upcoming home games and just felt we're missing out on opportunities like that in the local press. How about an outlet in town (perhaps a sports shop) which sold match tickets too so people could get them while they're shopping in the centre?

I can only assume that Latics' marketing budget is quite small compared to a normal company and all these ideas still require money and resource to execute. It just seems a shame that we're losing out on golden opportunities.

Noticed that prior to the Christmas games, Man City had a big advertisement in one of the local papers (Think it was advertiser) for their upcoming home games and just felt we're missing out on opportunities like that in the local press. How about an outlet in town (perhaps a sports shop) which sold match tickets too so people could get them while they're shopping in the centre?

Tried it once before and didnt work out....although it didnt sell macth tickets...

I would of thought ticket deals such as £30 for a cup and league game would of been a good offer and works along the lines of what your saying about buying a league ticket while your at it....

Edited by oafc0000

driving to boundary park to save £2 on a match ticket probably costs more than £2 in petrol for a lot of us.

dont bang your head against the wall you will damage yourself.

i also expected the prices to be dropped for the 1st and 2nd rounds.

Apply for them by post then! Or get a mate who lives closer to get them?

These peple should start paying tax and stop whingin

i got told when i bought me leeds ticket that unless you live more than 10 miles away they wouldnt post them out,thus not being able to pay over the phone,which for a club that is losing money each week and bemoans the local support is ludicrous.

maybe they can change it for this game,but it seemed the general concensus when i was there last time.and also what a family friend was told.

i got told when i bought me leeds ticket that unless you live more than 10 miles away they wouldnt post them out,thus not being able to pay over the phone,which for a club that is losing money each week and bemoans the local support is ludicrous.

maybe they can change it for this game,but it seemed the general concensus when i was there last time.and also what a family friend was told.

I think that was just for the Leeds/Everton game due to demand....not normaly like that....

A price reduction does not lead to a marked increase in the number of people who turn up at Boundary Park. We have tried it time and time again.

When it was free (Celebration Sunday) it was full. The time we charged a quid, I seem to remember we got about eleven thousand. That's right, even charging £1 we couldn't fill the ground.

On a number of occasions we have charged a tenner which has tended to lead to crowds of 8/9 thousand if it is against half decent opposition.

I believe that if we charge the usual £18 against Huddersfield, the crowd will be about 10,500 - 4,000 Yorkiers and 6,500 of us. Assuming 1 in 4 are kids, that leads to revenue of about £165k

Charge £15 and the crowd might be 11,000, but I doubt it. That gives revenue of under £150k and no better atmosphere.

To fill the ground you'd have to go down to a tenner but as already discussed that would not be allowed under FA rules. The revenue from this , if it was allowed would be under £120k assuming the ground was full (10,000 adults @ £10 and 3,500 kids @ £5)

A price reduction does not lead to a marked increase in the number of people who turn up at Boundary Park. We have tried it time and time again.

When it was free (Celebration Sunday) it was full.

The time we charged a quid, I seem to remember we got about eleven thousand.

charged a tenner which has tended to lead to crowds of 8/9 thousand if it is against half decent opposition.

Going off that the crowd goes up when you charge less :lol: You proved your own point wrong :lol:

I doubt we will see much above 8,000 at £18