FA CUP Ticket sales & Prices

yes if its a team we already play every 6 months or a conference side etcetera

you honestly cant expect them to drop it.

this is the fa cup,and as such the fa set a minimum figure for it.this is all extra income for the club,so why should they shoot themself in the foot over it.

plus,do you think the spl should reduce there prices,after all they play each other every other week!!

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Dropping it a few quid isn't exactly going to tempt the people of Oldham to attend a match. We'd need a miracle for that....or free entry. I'd imagine that the attendance will be ok for this match. It's the league that's an issue.

I dont agree...£5 isnt a couple of quid (£2) its FIVE POUNDS! Which dose actually make the world of difference to alot of people actually.

Why do the Police insist on making this game all ticket. I dont think we will have ever have had 13500 there. We didnt sell out in the Play offs FFS.

Now we will be lucky to scrape 9000.

Oh well I will still be there but this was a great chance of having a good turn out for a change and now its all Ticket I dont think it will be anywhere near as high att as it could have been

I wouldn't be surprised if it becomes pay on the gate with about a week to go. Doing it this way means that the police have some idea of how many are going to turn up which influences their planning for the game.

yes if its a team we already play every 6 months or a conference side etcetera

Thats a rubbish line of thought! Its the FA cup....Fourth round is quite far on in the competetion....if we played a non league team in the semi final you wouldnt complain at paying full price...

you honestly cant expect them to drop it.

this is the fa cup,and as such the fa set a minimum figure for it.this is all extra income for the club,so why should they shoot themself in the foot over it.

plus,do you think the spl should reduce there prices,after all they play each other every other week!!

i think its already been pointed out that 8500 paying £15 is better than 7000 paying £18. do you really want my views on the SPL?

I dont agree...£5 isnt a couple of quid (£2) its FIVE POUNDS! Which dose actually make the world of difference to alot of people actually.

(a) It is the decision of both Huddersfield and Oldham to fix it at £15 if need be. If one doesn't agree it doesn't happen, be that us or them.

(b ) No, it really isn't much - is it even two pints? The club would lose more money than it would gain by a bigger crowd by dropping £5 off, certainly at this stage of the competition. If the odd person finds it too expensive, I'm afraid the club has to say tough cookie and look after priority number one.

Edited by OldhamSheridan

It's £18 in the Chaddy.

Of course because were being FORCED to pay up front....which is stupid move by the police....

Ok I would of personally made it £14, reducing it by £4.... would of seriously boosted the numbers...

That said, im not going to moan at £18 beacuse its the fourth round and you cant expect a discount...

A quick question regarding the ticket prices. When the club says 'normal match prices apply', does this mean that the tickets are sold at the 'on the turnstile' price or the 'day before' price which is marginally cheaper. I'd have thought the latter myself, could someone confirm?

Of course because were being FORCED to pay up front....which is stupid move by the police....

Ok I would of personally made it £14, reducing it by £4.... would of seriously boosted the numbers...

That said, im not going to moan at £18 beacuse its the fourth round and you cant expect a discount...

So if money is so tight and two quid is so much, why don't people FORCE themselves to get a ticket before the match anyway??

A quick question regarding the ticket prices. When the club says 'normal match prices apply', does this mean that the tickets are sold at the 'on the turnstile' price or the 'day before' price which is marginally cheaper. I'd have thought the latter myself, could someone confirm?

Reduced rate....£18 in the chaddy for example....

So if money is so tight and two quid is so much, why don't people FORCE themselves to get a ticket before the match anyway??

Now is the time you click you brain into action. Go on,the buttons up there somewhere. Im talking about attracting fair weather fans.....

Edited by oafc0000

Now is the time you click you brain into action. Go on,the buttons up there somewhere. Im talking about attracting fair weather fans.....

Saving a few quid in a cup match (Which is nigh on impossible in the FA Cup anyway, pointless arguement really), won't attract the fair weather fans. What we should be doing is capitalising on the publicity from the weekend and getting our marketing machine running. I know we've done fans days in the past that work for one match, but we need to get people in for the league matches. This FA Cup match should pretty much sell itself.

Sorry, switching brain back off now :blink: