FA CUP Ticket sales & Prices

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

They do for league games with tickets bought in advance.

Boooo......Let's all complain. It's costing a bloody pound more to go than it is for this fixture in the league. It's a disgrace Latics!

:grin::grin:

Its a FA cup rule....no team can charge less than £15....:)

Edited by oafc0000

Its a FA cup rule....no team can charge less than £15....:)

Fishul site says normal league prices apply and has a link to our usual home game price list, so £14 in NSM Paddock when bought in advance. So I don't know how they reconcile that with the FA Cup rules.

It's in FA Cup Rules:

© Immediately after the draw is known, the two Clubs concerned must mutually agree the

prices of admission subject to the following conditions:

(i) The minimum admission (except to children and senior citizens) to matches shall be:

In the Extra-Preliminary, Preliminary and First Round Qualifying: £3.00

In the Second and Third Rounds Qualifying: £5.00

In the Fourth Round Qualifying: £6.00

In the First and Second Round Proper: £10.00

In the Third, Fourth, Fifth and Sixth Round Proper: £15.00

(ii) A higher admission charge may be mutually agreed between the Clubs concerned.

The Away Club’s spectators can only be charged more than the home team if agreed

by both clubs.

(iii) The price for admission for children and senior citizens must be mutually agreed

between the Clubs concerned.

http://www.thefa.com/NR/rdonlyres/EAB1CE14...Rules200708.pdf

I'm sure a mate of mine who supports City said the prices at Upton Park on Saturday were £10 adults.

In fact, City are charging a tenner to ST holders for the replay.

Kick Them Out!

I'm sure a mate of mine who supports City said the prices at Upton Park on Saturday were £10 adults.

In fact, City are charging a tenner to ST holders for the replay.

Kick Them Out!

It was £12 quid for the citeh massive at west ham..

One thing most people are missing out is that we do actually have a home game on Saturday and you can get your tickets then,if you can't be arsed for a league game you still have 2 weeks to purchase your ticket.If you still can't be arsed season ticket holders can get 2 each so i am sure between everybody on here every non arser will be found a ticket whilst they sit on their arse not being arsed.

The club was quite clear when selling season tickets that any cup games at home (which could have quite easily have been 0) would mean season ticket holders paying extra for a ticket at a price to be determined. There is a definate advantage to being away in the cup when it comes to tickets as you have to be offered so many tickets and the cost is the same (if not cheaper) for the away end compared to league prices. This is why we only had 3,000 home fans for Donny but took about 500 there whereas they had 1000 away fans but had less than usual at home. OK the club is gaining money by having a cup run but I'd wager that the gate for Hartlepool at home (the game postponed for the Huddersfield game) will be nearly 1000 people less than it would have been had it been played on a Saturday. You could reduce the prices but make it a deal by saying if you go to both games (as a non season ticket holder) you pay £30 as opposed to £36 (or the equivalent in the NSM paddock), something i think Gemma has mentioned. Life isn't fair just because you feel entitiled to something because you bought something else doesn't make it the case. It could be worse season ticket holders COULD be made to buy tickets for cup games like they do at Manure or we could be playing Hartlepool on the 26th of January as opposed to an easily winnable game to get prize money and a possible lucrative tie in the next round. I totally understand why people moan about the cost of football and cup runs cost extra for the fans but this club is loosing money every year and unless we get into the fifth round and get a money making draw or get to the quarter final or beyond (touching as much wood as possible) the club will still be loosing money. I for one will be there against Hudders and will be getting behind the team as much as possible as days like saturday come around very rarely and it would have cost a lot of money for me to want to change that result. The extra cost isn't that much when you relate it to other things which are entirely voluntarily extra spending (its less than a pack of tabs- and a darn sight more healthy too).

The extra cost isn't that much when you relate it to other things which are entirely voluntarily extra spending (its less than a pack of tabs- and a darn sight more healthy too).

Not sure about that rude! That Everton game nearly gave me a heartattack! :wink:

I like the idea of what Gemma said Burnley did vs Arsenal. The club could've said buy a FACR4 ticket and Hartlepool ticket (home match which this cup game has replaced) for, as suggested by rudemedic, £30. Makes sense. Gets more in for a Tuesday night league game which are often less attended and worse still, that game will be the 3rd Tuesday night home game in 5wks (with AFCB following the Tuesday after!) That run of games needs addressing IMO, in terms of crowd apathy. However, I do personally feel TTA have said :censored: that now....cutting the prices works short term and barely, at that. So why bother.

Lol...it seems that comments such as the following are defunct now....

"£20??? My, it is too much to watch us in R1 or R2 against teams from our level......it just isn't interesting enough for me to pull me from my family"

All of a sudden, the excuses are gone. Hypocrisy at its best! Still think we'll struggle to get over 6,500 Latics in the ground though.

Latics are playing, I'll be there Jan 26th. The journeys been worth every penny! :grin:

Lol...it seems that comments such as the following are defunct now....

"£20??? My, it is too much to watch us in R1 or R2 against teams from our level......it just isn't interesting enough for me to pull me from my family"

All of a sudden, the excuses are gone. Hypocrisy at its best! Still think we'll struggle to get over 6,500 Latics in the ground though.

Latics are playing, I'll be there Jan 26th. The journeys been worth every penny! :grin:

£18 for the FA Cup game against Huddersfield will still stop alot going. £18 for a league game stop alot from going! And you agree with that by saying you dont think there will be much over 6,500.... So for you to say the excuses have gone is wrong :) Excuses are still strong. Money & Family is probably the number one stopper for most fan who go league games. And the age old "cant be arsed" from the rest of the town....

Im thinking there will be more like 8,000 there...hudds will bring about 3ish and oldham about 5ish....

Havent decided if im going yet, still discussing if I can get a pass out from the wife :P The fact we had a league game booked for that day should help me sway it :)

Edited by oafc0000

Ridiculous.

To ensure segregation? Well I can guarantee the league game won't be made all ticket so why should the Cup game? It's not like Hudders are going to sell all 4,600 seats so there's no need for their fans to come into the home stands.

All this does is bring the crowd down because people who may choose to turn up on the day will be dissuaded by the fact that it's all ticket.

I don't for one minute think the club want this game to be all ticket, surely they can just point out to the Police we haven't had a segregation problem before for pay on the day league games and the Cup should be no different.

Huddersfield are one of the few clubs who have a good following to Boundary Park so what if we only get 9000 fans those 2000 or so fans from Huddersfield will make up moneywise for the say 200 or so we would get from hartlepool or Swindon.

I do think they will bring more for the cup game. In a manner of speaking it could be seen to be like a cup final match for this division so to speak. The way I see it, we could get a big team in the next round, or a very fortunate home draw again. If we were drawn against teams similar to what we got in 94, then there would be no reason why we could make it to another semi. Though if we do beat Hudds, it would surprise me if we got Plymouth or Palace away in the next round.

If anybody thinks that a reduction to £15 will significantly increase numbers at BP, then you are either sadly deluded or you are sniffing glue.

The public of Oldham have already shown on numerous occasions that unless it's free/virtually free, they'd rather swan round The Spindles in their MANURE/CIDDEE or whatever tops than come and support their local club!

The public of Oldham have already shown on numerous occasions that unless it's free/virtually free, they'd rather swan round The Spindles in their MANURE/CIDDEE or whatever tops than come and support their local club!

Just a point about Spindles too, take a shortcut through there on the way for my dinner. It's terrible, a dump. I'd say more but the language needed to describe the people there and how glum it is would break the swear filter.

Just a point about Spindles too, take a shortcut through there on the way for my dinner. It's terrible, a dump. I'd say more but the language needed to describe the people there and how glum it is would break the swear filter.

Maybe we should just add Spindles to the swear filter...

anyone purchased yet? im gona hang fire in the hope of further briskness and the small section being blue. note the word hope.

I just bought mine, £14 quid in the Lookers Paddock! Bargain!!!

I have a season ticket in the George Hill Lower, but have sat there for about 3 games this season as i find i immensley boring, dull and whinging. So i've started sitting in the Lower Lookers and sometimes getting wet for the better atmosphere.

(Even though my seat is more expensive and has a roof over it)

Think there's a lot of whingin going on here.