Clarke - Done Deal?

Nothing that we don't know already really. We've had a bid accepted and are in talks with the player. Just that SkySport's lower league coverage is crap and it's late reporting it.

And the agent probably leaked it to the media in order to try and get a better deal elsewhere for his player (or himself, depending how you look at it).

I hope we do sign him, he knows where the net is and is a battering ram. Plus he is only 22, Davies is of a similar age, Taylor, Smalley, Lomax, Eardley..etc.. Nearly just what we have always wanted, a young hungry team that can grow together and get results. Just like the Portugese "Golden generation" apart from the results.

I hope we do sign him, he knows where the net is and is a battering ram. Plus he is only 22, Davies is of a similar age, Taylor, Smalley, Lomax, Eardley..etc.. Nearly just what we have always wanted, a young hungry team that can grow together and get results. Just like the Portugese "Golden generation" apart from the results.

:laught16:

And the talent!

I know what you mean though... for the first time in a long long time we will have a very young, and very talented team - which we have a semi-realistric chance of holding on to, and creating something special. The club is showing the right amount of ambition, and if the clarke thing comes off... there wont be many teams in the league who can handle those three up front....

£200k is about right for clarke IMO, sounds a lot for us, but the TTA have always said there is money available for the right player.... get him playing, and am sure there is a £1m player in there like Davies....

£200k is about right for clarke IMO, sounds a lot for us, but the TTA have always said there is money available for the right player.... get him playing, and am sure there is a £1m player in there like Davies....

TTA said there is money available, but tbh I presumed they meant money for wages in terms of frees/loanees. I didin't think that we'd be paying transfer fees.

Clarke - not decided on him, but has potential and didn't realise he was only 22. Could be a good signing.

£1m for Davies? Surely not. £250-300k max I'd have thought.

Firstly I don't think he is that good (inconsistent and not a great football brain - misses too many passes for shots at goal, crosses are average for a player who goes out wide). I think he is a decent player at this level, but lots of areas to improve.

Secondly. We are Oldham Athletic. We could have Ronaldo here and we'd only get £500k plus a miriad of additional clauses that meant the Chron could report it as a £1million transfer...

TTA said there is money available, but tbh I presumed they meant money for wages in terms of frees/loanees. I didin't think that we'd be paying transfer fees.

Clarke - not decided on him, but has potential and didn't realise he was only 22. Could be a good signing.

£1m for Davies? Surely not. £250-300k max I'd have thought.

Firstly I don't think he is that good (inconsistent and not a great football brain - misses too many passes for shots at goal, crosses are average for a player who goes out wide). I think he is a decent player at this level, but lots of areas to improve.

Secondly. We are Oldham Athletic. We could have Ronaldo here and we'd only get £500k plus a miriad of additional clauses that meant the Chron could report it as a £1million transfer...

ffs,how good exaclty was you at his age???

he is young and willing to learn and couldnt have a better set of mentors than our present coaching group.

get promoted and stay in championship for a few years there isnt any reason why he couldnt fetch £1million.

As posted up the thread smells of agent touting his client AGAIN. IF it comes off a decent addition IF AS LIKELY it doesn't its what we tend to expect.

Perhaps the midfielder will be Patrick Berger? :naughty::ohno:

Won't lose any sleep, obviously him and his agent after a better offer and says a lot for the lad that he doesn't seem bothered about getting a game this weekend. *Hasn't played sice 29/12 so two weeks and counting without a game for young Leon. More bothered about a few extra £00000's on his contract. He does realise the only £££'sss we deal in are lb's of broken biscuits and PG tips????

Having said that if he does come i'd be chuffed as I don't think there is much else in the way of options at the moment. Not that we know will definitely score goals at this level anyway and the type of big lump we need.

Edited by oafcprozac

Won't lose any sleep, obviously him and his agent after a better offer and says a lot for the lad that he doesn't seem bothered about getting a game this weekend. *Hasn't played sice 29/12 so two weeks and counting without a game for young Leon. More bothered about a few extra £00000's on his contract. He does realise the only £££'sss we deal in are lb's of broken biscuits and PG tips????

Having said that if he does come i'd be chuffed as I don't think there is much else in the way of options at the moment. Not that we know will definitely score goals at this level anyway and the type of big lump we need.

Very cynical. You've no idea that's why it's taking so long. A deal broke down with Southend for reasons...maybe it's us who are deliberating over the same reasons...I thought it was compensation or something that Southend refused to put money towards..why they'd have to pay any though, I don't know. It's a simple transfer, not a case of paying up ones contract. Whatever the reasons are, transfers can often take time. Maybe we want a medical done on the quiet. Who knows.....rather than claiming it must be about the Zeros! He's already got others waiting to boo him once he puts a shirt on, coz he didn't do enough for them the last time he was here. Except score goals!

Edited by boundaryblue80

I heard the deal was off as we offered him less money than southend had which was less than half of what he was already earning, this is the main reason why other clubs in our price bracket have already discounted the idea of signing him

Which neighbours dog did 'you hear' that from then?

I heard the deal was off as we offered him less money than southend had which was less than half of what he was already earning, this is the main reason why other clubs in our price bracket have already discounted the idea of signing him

So Donny it is then...................

to be honest after hearing it I thought we would be a better proposition than southend being oop north and the fact hes already played for us but if his agent is touting him around and holding out for better offers then I would rather have someone not quite as good but who would crawl through broken glass to play here and no I don't know who