One Craig Davies

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Whilst I agree he wasn't great today, taking him off for Wolfy didn't work at all and cost us the game.

Wait a minute, I dont feel well now, I think I've experienced something strange !!!!

Coco you've talked sense :grin:

bad bad sub that from the gaffer .. but like he as said all week in most interviews since Everton... Shez is still learning and this is his first job as a manager !

Did it? Cos he was doing so much during the game to help us win it.

E4e

BGTME

To be fair Nik, CD was defending from the front and closing the man down if he lost the ball. He also won a good few headers and flicked some balls on for Hughesy.

Wolfy needs games, the reservers as played once since Nov !!!!

Get the lad out on loan NOW

Agree. Bad mistake by Shez for the sub. I'd have made it 70 mins earlier when it was clear Davies just couldn't be effin @rsed. Again.

E4e

LEAVE

Unsure how you can say arsed when you look at the amount of ground the lad covered, the tackles he made and the back tracking he did ????

CD is being asked to play as a striker, thats something he is not ... he's more comfortable on the left coming into the box but we dont have the luxury of allowing him to do that ! The lad just looked confused when playing against their CB he didnt know if to run inside or drop off when the ball was played to him.

He was trying too hard to score and not at all with anything else, had a face on him all game. Must have had a :censored: during the break because he was working harder for the team before going back to how he was. He needs to be more professional, might have been an error to bring Wolfy on, they ran all over him but even still the defence should have stood firm against 10 men.

Unsure how you can say arsed when you look at the amount of ground the lad covered, the tackles he made and the back tracking he did ????

CD is being asked to play as a striker, thats something he is not ... he's more comfortable on the left coming into the box but we dont have the luxury of allowing him to do that ! The lad just looked confused when playing against their CB he didnt know if to run inside or drop off when the ball was played to him.

So that's it...he's not a striker!?! I'm sure that's what Shez bought him as and I'm sure he was one a few months ago when he could actually score. Like Macca says, he spent the entire game looking like the world was against him, head down, shoulders hunched. At least when Wolfy came on we were back up to 11 men. Before that it was 10 v 10.

There's nothing anyone can say to change my mind. Craig Davies is a big time bone idle waste of a contract.

E4e

WASTE

TBH i didn't think Craig Davies had that much of a good game this week.

And as for people slating Wolfenden (in lookers upper) when he had been on the pitch one minute is beyond me.

Some of the fans in the lookers upper amuse me. all to quick to shout and slate their backsides off, but when we actually play well, they dont even get behind the team one bit and just remain silent.

Whilst I agree he wasn't great today, taking him off for Wolfy didn't work at all and cost us the game.

I don't think it's fair to say it was that one change that cost us. It was a lack of concentration from those defending the corner and a bit of luck on their side.

One incident with Davies summed him up perfectly today. In the first half, he was coming in from his "more comfortable on the left coming into the box" side of the pitch. Hughes was in space near the penalty spot and Davies was being closed down. Rather than pass it to Hughes - and CD was in a position to do so - he greedily kept the ball and the shot was blocked & cleared.

For me, Davies is too moody a player and wants all the glory for himself and as soon as Hughes scores he spits his dummy out and sulks throughout the match. Its as if its 10 men plus Davies just to support the Craig Davies show.

I'll remind you of that one then when he gets played in his natural position onc more and starts to score goals again.

Are you for real?

He's played in that position all season. To start saying he's not a striker half way through the season's not gonna wash. The only difference between now and when he was scoring is his attitude and (lack of) commitment to the cause. Absolutely nothing to do with where on the pitch he's playing.

E4e

NOTRY

One incident with Davies summed him up perfectly today. In the first half, he was coming in from his "more comfortable on the left coming into the box" side of the pitch. Hughes was in space near the penalty spot and Davies was being closed down. Rather than pass it to Hughes - and CD was in a position to do so - he greedily kept the ball and the shot was blocked & cleared.

For me, Davies is too moody a player and wants all the glory for himself and as soon as Hughes scores he spits his dummy out and sulks throughout the match. Its as if its 10 men plus Davies just to support the Craig Davies show.

Or the second half when he was cutting in from the right, Hughesy was free in the middle with an open goal, and Davies goes for the spectacular and shoots wide. Hughesy was going absolutely crackers at him but Davies was too busy rollocking the linesman for not sparing his blushes by awarding a corner that never was.

E4e

GREED

I remember that moment and your right he should have passed as being 2-nil up should have finished the game..

But I'd rather have a greedy forward who wants to score and shoot than a player upfront with no confidance never shooting. IMO thats were we have failed for a while, our players pass the ball that one time to many and loses the advantage.

It seems almost as though Davies and Hughes are competing too much with each other to get the limelight, which is good for competition but can be damaging. As said further up, greediness in a striker can only be good, but when appropriate. On more than one occasion Davies could have set up lee hughes to score so being too greedy can effect the team.

I think to an extent, Davies' attitude when being subbed up summed it up just walking in to get changed rather than watching the rest of the game.

The problem with Davies and Hughes is that they don't link up as a partnership and play too far apart .

A big target man alongside Hughes is the answer.

I suspect Davies is carrying an injury, he certainly isn't the player he was early season.

Edited by BP1960

I remember that moment and your right he should have passed as being 2-nil up should have finished the game..

But I'd rather have a greedy forward who wants to score and shoot than a player upfront with no confidance never shooting. IMO thats were we have failed for a while, our players pass the ball that one time to many and loses the advantage.

I agree with you Wardle in respect of a greedy forward, providing he does score. All too often this season, Davies has taken the greedy option and missed when Hughes has been available for the pass.

Davies is playing like a striker (because that is what he is ffs)

Davies is not a striker ! Ricketts, Hughes, Andy Johnson, Michael Owen are strikers.

Giggs, Ronaldo, Davies, Talbot, Britton - These are all wide players who play forward and score a lot of goals ... They are not strikers thou !

Bet no-one as heard those players names mentioned in same sentance before :grin:

Shez wants to play Davies as a striker, they both have a lot of work to do still !

I agree with you Wardle in respect of a greedy forward, providing he does score. All too often this season, Davies has taken the greedy option and missed when Hughes has been available for the pass.

True, when a players goes through a dry spell his confidance takes a hit ... Its now that us the fans and shez should be helping CD with his confidance...

I'd get the lad looking athis hudds goal etc showing him he can do it ...

When the ball is at the feet of a player and they do whats natural thats when they score.. if he thinks"Is this the right thing to do " before he shoots .... thats when it goes out for a throw in !

Davies should remember

Confidence comes not from always being right but from not fearing to be wrong. ~Peter T. Mcintyre

Cost us the game is a little strong but after davies holding the ball up so well against Everton and Leeds I thought it was maddness to take him off! Certainly allowed Brighton to put more preasure on us...

Craig Davies has been playing as a striker all season but drifting wide at any given opportunity. Shez has complained no end about this but if I'm being honest, he doesn't look the same player now that he's disciplining himself to stay more central.

At the end of the day the guy's out of form and would have been rested long ago if we had somebody better to replace him.

Hopefully Shez will get the striker he wants and Davies can get back to his old self which, as we all know from his first dozen games for us, was quality.