Burnley in for Hughes ?

Apparently Burnely have made a very tasty offer for Hughes. Not sure exactly how tasty as Ive only recieved a text off my mate saying it but Im sure someone on here said he cant leave due to his parole or something. Apologies if im wrong. I wouldnt let him go just yet though Im afraid and Id be sadly disappointed if he left even more so than Kilkenny not joining. It would be selfish if he did due to the fact weve given him a life outside jail. I sincerely hope he doesnt go as he is our only threat at the minute and a crowds favourite aswell. I love the way he tries to get them going.

Apparently Burnely have made a very tasty offer for Hughes. Not sure exactly how tasty as Ive only recieved a text off my mate saying it but Im sure someone on here said he cant leave due to his parole or something. Apologies if im wrong. I wouldnt let him go just yet though Im afraid and Id be sadly disappointed if he left even more so than Kilkenny not joining. It would be selfish if he did due to the fact weve given him a life outside jail. I sincerely hope he doesnt go as he is our only threat at the minute and a crowds favourite aswell. I love the way he tries to get them going.

Abit of advice youngem.....dont trust your friends....

Hughesy is the one player we can clearly state won't be going anywhere. Mainly because footballing ability or not. Most clubs aren't prepared to take a chance on him because of his 'crime'.

It requires inverted comma's now?

I can't see it myself, not because of previous misdemeanours, but because Burnley already have better forwards.

Hughesy is the one player we can clearly state wont be going anywhere. Mainly because footballing ability or not. Most clubs arent prepared to take a chance on him because of his 'crime'.

This isnt true....he had a number of offers when leaving jail....

Other factors will keep him here.....i hope...

EDIT: To be fair you said 'most clubs'.....

Edited by oafc0000

According to the papers it's true but hopefully the maturity he's shown will mean that he'll focus on meeting his commitments and not going off the rails.

I think him splitting with his missus, true or not is nothing to do with football and should be left alone.

Hughes is going nowhere!

this is all complete bull! hes just bought a house with his wife and kids, hes happy and his kids love it at their new school. Family will matter most to him so i cant see him moving his family for the sake of football at his age now unless a really big club comes in, even then i think he'd remain loyal to latics for what we've done for him.

NEXT...

this is all complete bull! hes just bought a house in diggle with his wife and kids, hes happy and his kids love it at their new school. Family will matter most to him so i cant see him moving his family for the sake of football at his age now unless a really big club comes in, even then i think he'd remain loyal to latics for what we've done for him.

NEXT...

I doubt its true also, just because they may have bid i doubt the club would accept unless we were talking million + due to how much we must have spent in the chase for him. I understand what your saying about being settled but Burnley isnt exactly the other side of the country, if anyone would sign him I think it would be a northern burnleyesque club I thought that Preston may have been interested with how gash theyve been recently.

this is all complete bull! hes just bought a house in diggle with his wife and kids, hes happy and his kids love it at their new school. Family will matter most to him so i cant see him moving his family for the sake of football at his age now unless a really big club comes in, even then i think he'd remain loyal to latics for what we've done for him.

NEXT...

I agree it's all none sense but I doubt he'd move if he went to Burnely, it not that far to travel from where he lives.

Looks like Hughes is available girls.

SHAMED footballer Lee Hughes has split from his wife months after being freed from jail.

The Oldham striker parted at Christmas from Croatian-born Lisa, 36, mum of his two children.

Hughes, 31, was jailed for six years for causing the death of a passenger in a car hit by his speeding £100,000 Merc in 2003.

Lisa was caught cheating on the player while he was behind bars — but the couple appeared to have it patched up.

Neither Hughes nor his wife would comment on the break-up last night.

The Sun

SHAMED footballer Lee Hughes has split from his wife months after being freed from jail.

The Oldham striker parted at Christmas from Croatian-born Lisa, 36, mum of his two children.

Hughes, 31, was jailed for six years for causing the death of a passenger in a car hit by his speeding £100,000 Merc in 2003.

Lisa was caught cheating on the player while he was behind bars — but the couple appeared to have it patched up.

The Sun

Banged up for three years.....can hardly blame her......:)

This really isnt a plus point in our efforts to keep him at the club.....

Edited by oafc0000

The Sun

The media also said whilst he was in jail that he had converted to Islam, which proved to be complete and utter crap.

The media also said whilst he was in jail that he had converted to Islam, which proved to be complete and utter crap.

Exactly - some tabloid reports some alleged domestic, and suddenly that means he is leaving.....

brilliant - sure the bigger clubs will be queeuing up to pay £1m to sign an ex-con, with personal issues, who essentially has played about 12 proper games, who also appears to be carrying an injury....

Sure Alex Ferguson is looking for Shez's number as we speak....

Exactly - some tabloid reports some alleged domestic, and suddenly that means he is leaving.....

brilliant - sure the bigger clubs will be queeuing up to pay £1m to sign an ex-con, with personal issues, who essentially has played about 12 proper games, who also appears to be carrying an injury....

Sure Alex Ferguson is looking for Shez's number as we speak....

Your right...no one is coming in for him at the moment....come june after he has scored 20+ goals for us.....maybe then they will....

Guest oa_exile
I've seen it in todays Sun

Great work from the Sun - printing an article designed solely for it's smug moralistic readers to gloat at problems in his private life

:mmm: so Coco is a Sun reader :rolleyes: