Eight of us going down. Last year we parked at the ground (BIG MISTAKE) but were directed to a beltin pub. From the ground we turned right, down the hill and i think there was an Asda. Turn left and the pub is on your right about 600 yards down the road. About a 10 to 15 minute walk to the ground.

The pub was massive with tellys everywhere that had the footy on (went in the Brewsters first but they had no tellys). The food has become legendary in our group as we sat with a Yeovil Yokel who advised us to have the fish and chips, quaintely knowm as Cod Almighty. When the plates arrived the fish was more like a whale, absolute top notch with a good atmosphere and quite a few Tics.

Will be heading there again on Saturday, see you there for win number 8

• Replies 61
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Eight of us going down. Last year we parked at the ground (BIG MISTAKE) but were directed to a beltin pub. From the ground we turned right, down the hill and i think there was an Asda. Turn left and the pub is on your right about 600 yards down the road. About a 10 to 15 minute walk to the ground.

The pub was massive with tellys everywhere that had the footy on (went in the Brewsters first but they had no tellys). The food has become legendary in our group as we sat with a Yeovil Yokel who advised us to have the fish and chips, quaintely knowm as Cod Almighty. When the plates arrived the fish was more like a whale, absolute top notch with a good atmosphere and quite a few Tics.

Will be heading there again on Saturday, see you there for win number 8

yep certainly is i didnt go for it last time but it was Huge, think City were on last time, it is the SHEFFIELD derby for the afternoon entertainment

Edited by neiladamsheadband

I will be there. Got my ticket. We will do it. Easy.

Just to check - not all ticket is it??? You can still buy on the day (I know you have to go to the ticket office before but they are still sellin 'em???)

The Bell it is then - myself and the Brizzle massiv will see you there!

Just to check - not all ticket is it??? You can still buy on the day (I know you have to go to the ticket office before but they are still sellin 'em???)

The Bell it is then - myself and the Brizzle massiv will see you there!

Not all-ticket.

It's good to get a ringing endorsement for a pub - ding dong!

Hopefully I'll have this ready for Sat!!! So much for this being a game in the South still 8 hour round trip ... bloody engineering works. Makes you wonder what they do, had the same problem last year.

P1010648.jpg

Same from Manchester Mark, whilst funds are very tight I'm sure if the trains weren't so up in the air at the moment I would have gone to Millwall, Orient and Southend as having a student railcard I got some cracking deals last season, particularly to Orient, Brentford and Swansea and definitely would've frequented Swansea again this season as there was a direct train last season there and back and was a great day out. Unfortunately this year its a 6 1/2 hours to get home so giving it a miss.

As for Yeovil its a mare full stop with it being in the arse end of no-where. Don't really fancy the fishal coach so deliberating what to do. Of course if we have one or two new faces in by Saturday it may just tip the balance. It was a good do last season in the beer tent outside the ground and met Trevor Peacock aka Jim Trott out of the Vicar of Dibley who is a mad Yeovil fan, he was hilariousa and a thoroughly nice guy to boot!

Still i've definitely earmarked Swindon (100% win record), Luton (hope they survive), Northampton (75% win record), Port Vale (Seen us win there once!), Donny and Crewe later in the season.

Still i've definitely earmarked Swindon (100% win record), Luton (hope they survive), Northampton (75% win record), Port Vale (Seen us win there once!), Donny and Crewe later in the season.

Glad to see you didnt mention our "Win" record at Crewe...

:disappointed:

Saw Yeovil at Southend on Saturday and they were poor. Warne got about an hour, and was (as always) lively. Shame if Forbes is suspended - he is as bad a full back as I've seen at this level - shocking game! Their two centre backs were useful, but I think Hughes will give them the run around. Three points.

I decided I really couldn't be arsed driving that far to stand in an open terrace.

Does that make me a bad person? :huh:

Well if it does, then I am one too, i have been thinking about it for a few days and finally decided that I too cannot be arsed with this one. So we can be bad people together

Strange one this, be interesting what the atmosphere is like .............. Yeovil was one of the quietest away days last year!

But one of the noisiest the years before.....singing in the snow as Warney ripped them apart.....a true, classic away day that was! Last season was gutting, to be the better team, miss chance after chance and then they score from an own goal (came off Porters arse, never was Skivertons goal.) Essentially, they won without having had a shot on target!