How much other football do we watch?

garcon

Non Latics football matches  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Do you ever go to any football matches that don't involve Latics?

• Never - only ever watched Latics
    • A few times, but not regularly
    • A few times a season
    • Several times a season

Purely out of interest to see how much general football the good people of OWTB go and see.

For my own part, I guess I'll go to a handful of other games a season, potentially anywhere from Old Trafford to Harrogate Town (although more likely at the latter end of the scale). It's nice to go to a game without the associated tension or nervousness of wanting Latics to win and just enjoy the football. I think it also gives a perspective on the game you can't really gain by just watching your own team. If I wasn't such a lazy git during the week, I'd probably go to a fair few more games.

No superiority thing going on here - you're not a 'better' fan if you do go to other games, you're no more or less loyal if you just follow your own team and don't have any urge to go anywhere else. And I know there's probably several who would go to other games if they had the time/cash.

So, over to you...

Guest oa_exile

Go a couple of times a season to watch Southport in the Conference North if Latics are on long haul away game and Southport are at home.

barca 5/6 times a year.

next games...

celtic at parkhead 20 feb

getafe-camp nou 6 apr

mallorca-camp nou 11 may

already done this season:

hearts at murrayfield aug 07

rangers at ibrox ocy 07

really:censored: madrid-camp nou dec 07

looking to do:

almeria away 16 mar 08

murcia away 18 may 08

copa del rey final(burnacow?)if we get there-(in last 8)

another champions league game this season-(if we get past celtic!!)-home or away

possible another home game?

busy busy busy!!

I get a lot of invites from other mascots to do stuff during half time at their games and if were not playing then i will always happily go along. Whilst im there i will always watch their team play.

I will basically watch anything. If the game is off in Oldham Sunday league i will go down to some random pitch and watch any team play. I just love watching any football as it helps me to learn more about the game.

Usually try to get to our local park every week to watch Hebden Bridge Red Star. Weather and flooding permitting. Try to get a couple of Halifax or Rochdale games in each season. Would never turn a ticket down to any game anywhere. Even Old Trafford. Get to as many Engerland games as I can. Two so far this past twelve months.

Purely out of interest to see how much general football the good people of OWTB go and see.

For my own part, I guess I'll go to a handful of other games a season, potentially anywhere from Old Trafford to Harrogate Town (although more likely at the latter end of the scale). It's nice to go to a game without the associated tension or nervousness of wanting Latics to win and just enjoy the football. I think it also gives a perspective on the game you can't really gain by just watching your own team. If I wasn't such a lazy git during the week, I'd probably go to a fair few more games.

So, over to you...

I go to lots of games from lots of different teams... used to go and watch Hudds in the old days when Oldham were away (with my Hudds supporting best mate), used to work in sheffield and got free tickets to United, Been to Manure loads of times, and used to work for a sports travel firm so been to lots of different matches all round europe... However... I have to say that I cant say i have ever truly enjoyed watching a live football match, other than ones involving the teams I support (Oldham & Celtic)

Try as I might i just get bored... and drift off... and despite watching any game possible on the telebox, I just aint interested in watching anyone else live - that actually goes for any sport, I just cant get into it unless I have some sort of personal interest in the game... Think part of going to any live sporting event is having an interest in who wins.. and feeling part of the crowd - if I dont have that, i just think it is all a bit pointless....

It's a fair point that BigFin raises. I do often find myself drifting off when I'm watching another game - unless it's an absolute cracker. When watching on tv I have a nasty habit of flicking across to another channel at the exact moment the action picks up.

At least at a nice quiet non-league game there's usually a half decent documentary on Radio 4 I can listen to. (with apologies to Phil if he's reading this :grin: )

Chester City are my 2nd team but i dont watch them much due to been too lazy to travel there from Sheffield in the past and now Manchester - should watch them more really when i dont get to Oldham, ive been to City this season since living in Manchester, and i used to see both Sheffield teams when living there and a few Hull City games for good measure as one of my mates supports them.

No superiority thing going on here - you're not a 'better' fan if you do go to other games, you're no more or less loyal if you just follow your own team and don't have any urge to go anywhere else. And I know there's probably several who would go to other games if they had the time/cash.

So, over to you...

Due to my in-laws living in South Wales I try to watch Haverfordwest County in the Welsh Premier a couple of times a season and I have a friend who is involved in Radcliffe Borough so I have been to watch them a few times.

I do as many england game as possible, hope to be in France March 29th, though it calshes with Hudds at home, I never ever miss an Arsenal game on TV, love to watch em when they are flowing, and i watch 100s o games on xbox 360 (does that count?)

Got family in Havant (id usually have said Portsmouth but seen as though theyre famous everyone knows where it its) :grin: Havant & Waterlooville's ground is round the corner from where i go, seen them a couple of times in the Blue Square South.... Rocky Baptiste now he would solve our striker problem.

Been to watch Burton Albion three times already this season.

It's just not the same this season though is it without Betty Brewer there. :disappointed:

Imagine.......Living it up with work in the town where Stella Artois is made in Belgium whihc is also a massive Student town......Whilst your missus is in Burton looking after your kids and house. :blink: I dream of the day i get a job like that. :wink:

Usually get to see Farsley Celtic about 8 times a season (including play-off finals in last two years) and witnessed their rise through four divisions to the Conference. Until this season you could have a beer whilst watching which certainly adds to the enjoyment! I've seen Leeds Met Uni team a couple of times in the Northern Counties East Division One. Get to the odd match at Harrogate Town, Guisley and maybe Halifax (nearby pub with excellent beers).

It's not the same as watching Latics but fills a void if I can't make an away match or it's a night match that doesn't clash. Some of the football isn't too bad and the fans are just as passionat3e in their own, and sometimes unique, ways.