davies could'nt hit the geore hill stand if you pointed him at it from 3 yards away whats going on with his head?????he needs sortin out he could have played hughes in on a couple of times tonight has he spat the dummy??? :angry:

the guy needs a goal to get his confidence goin. needs competition in the team. maybe if we get a striker in we could give the guy a reserve game let him score get his confidence goin for the league game. the pressure isnt on him anymore and i think he liked it when it was on him, by that i mean when hughes wernt playin it was down to davies to score orelse we wunt score, now it seems if hughes dunt score we dont. really hope he gets a goal soon.

SHUT UP!!! I reaallllly hate latics fans like you cause you dont admire players with skill that are definitely going to go onto better things.... instead you like your players who "have the heart" like Paul Warne, who dont. YOUR SO ENGLISH. And just to prove your such an old timer- its not the George Hill Stand. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

he could have played hughes in on a couple of times tonight has he spat the dummy??? :angry:

And how did you see that from behind a computer screen in Shaw? Ok, the commentators might summise that, but it's only their opinion....and I for one think Butterworth is the most negative commentator I've ever heard in my life. Maybe Davies was right not to slot Hughes in at the time....neither of us will ever know, coz we weren't there.

Were your other 7 posts as reactionary as your 8th one was? :grin:

Edited by boundaryblue80

you dont admire players with skill that are definitely going to go onto better things....

Davies wont go on to better things , maybe a bad championship side, but nothing major. He is ok but has the worst touch on the team. Just needs a goal and then he will be like pre season. Think the lime light has gone off him now Hughes is here and if hughes even touches the ball he gets standing ovations, but others like davies or macca have to work hard for fans to show them the support Hughesy gets.

JP Kalala top bag on saturday then davies will score two 3- 1 Oldham!!!

KTF

davies could'nt hit the geore hill stand if you pointed him at it from 3 yards away whats going on with his head?????he needs sortin out he could have played hughes in on a couple of times tonight has he spat the dummy??? :angry:

Are you like 14 or something ? Seriously, I want to work out if it is grown men behind comments like these or if its just silly children.....

Edited by oafc0000

And how did you see that from behind a computer screen in Shaw? Ok, the commentators might summise that, but it's only their opinion....and I for one think Butterworth is the most negative commentator I've ever heard in my life. Maybe Davies was right not to slot Hughes in at the time....neither of us will ever know, coz we weren't there.

Were your other 7 posts as reactionary as your 8th one was? :grin:

im sorry for posting my opinion on here, just because it dosnt please everyone they have a go, i thought this was a fans forum were you could express your opinion. still if you cant ask a question about a players form then i better sit and be quiet not use a forum give my season ticket back,and go and join the prawn sandwich brigade down in manchesteror the other manc team chity,but no i think i will anoy the stop your moaning crew on here who want to see us in the lower divisions for ever,born in Oldham so im sorry i will support Oldham forever :grin:

Guest oa_exile
if davies has anything he has pace,i think the guy could be very good with some fine tuning.

Agree ! , what some are failing to realise is that at least the lad is getting goalscoring opportunities.

Hitting the post or missing from 6yard out he is still there.

ALL strikers go through these patches when nothing seems to go in.

Patience is required once he hits the onion bag again his confidence will come back ................I am sure Lee Hughes has also mentioned this to him.

Why is everyone having a go at this fella ? All he is doing is questioning the poor form of a player which has without doubt dipped over recent weeks. There is no question that against Brighton he should have passed to Hughes who would have had a tap in and we win the game instead he blazed one wide and in better form would have scored 2 or 3 last night.

I am 100% for chanting his name and getting behind him every time we play because I really rate him and we have been crying out for a striker with pace for years but I think to be sending him messages of support is a bit too much. He is a grown man and a pro footballer and should be able to motivate himself or be motivated by his manager and I fear all it will achieve is making him the butt of dressing room jokes.

SHUT UP!!! I reaallllly hate latics fans like you cause you dont admire players with skill that are definitely going to go onto better things.... instead you like your players who "have the heart" like Paul Warne, who dont. YOUR SO ENGLISH. And just to prove your such an old timer- its not the George Hill Stand. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRRGGGHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :angry:

Where is he going? I think this is about his level really, maybe a lower championship side but no higher. He is a very good player for us though, he has real pace and is willing to run at players which causes league one defenders all sorts of problems, he just needs to get his head up a bit more instead of trying to take the entire team on. I do find it very strange that he has gone from being a fans favourite only a couple of months ago to now people now saying he shouldn't be in the team, just shows how fickle football fans are! As soon as he starts scoring again people will be back to saying how fantastic he is

he had a great game last night.

and...he acknowledged the fans at the end of the game for the encouragement+support he got through the game.

numpties can't suss this situation out-support helps...slaggings off don't.

as for the comments about jk latics+the increase of planks on here...totally agree.

all we need now is the numpties from tranny etc etc to come along here and we've completed the circle of "change".

oh well...all good things come to an end.

adios.

He won nearly everything in the air, especially first half. Hit a shot that was all of1/4 inch away from being an all time great Latics goal. He hit the post another time. He used a bit of imagination and movement to make space for himself a few times to make himself available from throw ins. Against that, he faded out of the game and made a couple of poor decisions. So all round not at all bad really. His performance did seem to drop after his booking but he played well overall. I’m not sure he wasn’t just knackered towards the end, his shot when he should have drilled it into the 6 yard box had a tired look about it.

im sorry for posting my opinion on here

I'm all for opinions and discussions. What I'm not for myself, is comments like...

"he needs sortin out he could have played hughes in on a couple of times tonight"

IMO....that ain't an opinion. Only the 70+ fans who were there can form an opinion on if he could've slipped Hughes in or not and whether it might've been the right option at the time. From a computer screen, 200miles away neither yourself nor I can comment on it. Or base a kneejerk reaction on Davies which your original post began with. I'd suggest that's the main reason for the flak towards your post....But hey....that's only my opinion :wink:

He won nearly everything in the air, especially first half. Hit a shot that was all of1/4 inch away from being an all time great Latics goal. He hit the post another time. He used a bit of imagination and movement to make space for himself a few times to make himself available from throw ins. Against that, he faded out of the game and made a couple of poor decisions. So all round not at all bad really. His performance did seem to drop after his booking but he played well overall. I’m not sure he wasn’t just knackered towards the end, his shot when he should have drilled it into the 6 yard box had a tired look about it.

Personally think he runs himself into the ground every game thats the kind of player he is...but does Shez have anyone to put on to give him a break. In my eyes hes one of our greatest assets...i dont really understand why people are so against him, maybe its because he was over-hyped preseason and they cant come to terms with him not being the best striker in the world:) maybe its he hasnt scored for a while and they only read statistics, but in my eyes these will be the same kind of people who slated Porter last season when he scored 23 saying anyone could have scored them...you just cant win!!!

Think one more senior striker (which was the original plan with Ricketts maybe?) to create more competition and allow us to rest one of hughes /davies more and the goals would come back! but we do need better service as well IMO from the midfield an area that does need strenghening...it seems this season we have finally sorted out a fairly young and solid defence, which is a brilliant building block for the future!

Sometimes I'm unsure which is more frustrating.. watching the latics or listening to their fans !

Davis played well last night, he was in a word un lucky with a couple of shots ... He hit the ball so sweet in the first half last night from 30 yrds that hit the right hand inside post that on another day would have bounced in ..!

But at the moment we are playing fairly well with no Luck ! every team has these periods...

At 1:30am this morning we saw the lads in their coach at the service station .. my only comment to Stu was to ask Davies to get some new boots !! The lad fell over so many times last night from wearing his blades/ short studs...

Yeovil was a bad game, no-one took authority on the match for us and we suffered .. end of really !

We need some new blood to shake the team up ... Davies is a better option upfront than smalley or Wolfy ... last night Davies was as styrong as an OX ...

We do people get stressed ?? I did both Sat and last night getting back at just after 4 am while having to be in work for 7am today, 2 points out of two games is good considering both the teams we played home record !

Keeper as improved leaps and bounds , Defence as done well - midfield could do better and the forward line needs to concentrate more !! Life is like school we learn something new every day and that's our teams mid term report :wink:

Sometimes I'm unsure which is more frustrating.. watching the latics or listening to their fans !

Davis played well last night, he was in a word un lucky with a couple of shots ... He hit the ball so sweet in the first half last night from 30 yrds that hit the right hand inside post that on another day would have bounced in ..!

But at the moment we are playing fairly well with no Luck ! every team has these periods...

At 1:30am this morning we saw the lads in their coach at the service station .. my only comment to Stu was to ask Davies to get some new boots !! The lad fell over so many times last night from wearing his blades/ short studs...

Yeovil was a bad game, no-one took authority on the match for us and we suffered .. end of really !

We need some new blood to shake the team up ... Davies is a better option upfront than smalley or Wolfy ... last night Davies was as strong as an OX ...

We do people get stressed ?? I did both Sat and last night getting back at just after 4 am while having to be in work for 7am today, 2 points out of two games is good considering both the teams we played home record !

Keeper as improved leaps and bounds , Defence as done well - midfield could do better and the forward line needs to concentrate more !! Life is like school we learn something new every day and that's our teams mid term report :wink:

Respect Mr wardle good post sir!! :wink: