whats your view on last night

i would of taken a point at the start of the night but to have a keeper sent off and play against ten men i would of liked three points but i see it as apoint gained, whats your views???

ktf oafc

2 points dropped after playing 10 men for over 50mins.

the lack of goals is becoming very worrying.

Happy with the Yeovil point, as we didn't get going, really.

I suppose I'm slightly disappointed with the result last night, simply because we created some great chances. However, we could so easily have lost to Yeovil, so this, I suppose, has evened it up.

One thing I am delighted with is our 2 clean sheets. It's fantastic the amount we're getting away from home. Sadly, the goal-scoring is a little off, but if Shez does bag a striker, then it may change.

It's six of one and half dozen of t'other innit?

By the sounds of it we really ought to have put them to the sword, and a head-in-hands miss at the end by Davies which would have given us all three points. But on the other hand, given we are seriously under strength, we've gone to two fairly tough places and come away unbeaten. Draws won't make us climb the league but they will give a few players confidence.

And it probably highlights which areas we've got wrong and need to fix fast too. Defence is sound, and pretty miserly but we seriously need a replacement for Kilkenny and and decent big striker to give us more options up front.

The cup match is going to be a tight, scrappy, typical derby affair anyway but we really need to win again in the league pretty sharpish and the next couple of league games worry me a little bit.

i would of taken a point at the start of the night but to have a keeper sent off and play against ten men i would of liked three points but i see it as apoint gained, whats your views???

ktf oafc

Please can you explain why it would have been easier to score against 10 than 11?

95% of the time, teams who have players sent off just stick all there players behind the ball. The result is not many goals scored at either end, especially when the clubs are of equal standard.

but some numpties here don't get it.

Is that the same as "Some peoples opinions differ with mine, but I'm sure they have their reasons" or do you truly believe you are always right?

We have way too much infighting between our fans as it is on this board. Why can't we accept that message boards are for promoting your opinion as you see it, without creating a gap between 'Them and Us'?

We are all Latics fans, but view the team's efforts in different ways, like we are all music fans but some people prefer it played a different way.

Everyone will be supporting Latics on Saturday - let's do it as one group. (LOUDLY!).

Please can you explain why it would have been easier to score against 10 than 11?

95% of the time, teams who have players sent off just stick all there players behind the ball. The result is not many goals scored at either end, especially when the clubs are of equal standard.

im not saying it would be easier to score against 10 thats why im ok with the draw because i went to yeovil myself and we didnt get going at all so two clean sheets will do....

Is that the same as "Some peoples opinions differ with mine, but I'm sure they have their reasons" or do you truly believe you are always right?

no..it means there are some here who are either deluded to the facts of supporting a club the size of latics and rant for the sake of it...

or...

cyber warriors.

i'm never always right....but i don't blind myself with plain bullsh_t...

i see the trees...and i know there wood there.

We have way too much infighting between our fans as it is on this board. Why can't we accept that message boards are for promoting your opinion as you see it, without creating a gap between 'Them and Us'?

We are all Latics fans, but view the team's efforts in different ways, like we are all music fans but some people prefer it played a different way.

Everyone will be supporting Latics on Saturday - let's do it as one group. (LOUDLY!).

Good post, sometimes it seems like we are squabbling with rival fans on here when the bottom line is we are all Latics fans.

:latics::comeon:

Good post, sometimes it seems like we are squabbling with rival fans on here when the bottom line is we are all Latics fans.

:latics::comeon:

Yeah, I totally agree with you, mate. But I don't expect every 'Tics fan here to agree with what I, or anybody else says just because we support the same side.

Some will be pleased with a point last night, some won't, due to the circumstances. However, the amount of attacking etc aimed at other members/players isn't right, at all. If we are going to voice an opinion on something, we should do it so we understand each other.

no..it means there are some here who are either deluded to the facts of supporting a club the size of latics and rant for the sake of it...

or...

cyber warriors.

as the once famous big joe said...if you win your home games and draw the aways you wont be far off come may.

didnt see the games so cant and wouldnt comment on the play itself.

2 clean sheets can only breed confidence in the defence and keeper,that looks to be sorted now.

strikers are where the problem is at this exact moment,but with one goal you get confidence and then the flood gates open.

2 points valuble,dropped points??? after hitting the woodwork 3 times last night i suppose you could say we dropped points.

the point is we need to start scoring at home,and keep our away form going.

or...

cyber warriors.

Personally JP, I enjoy reading how others view it. My expectations aren't particularly high, because I can see through all the promises of "Promotion within two seasons" etc. and realise the club are actually just a mid-table League one outfit.

I suppose some of the fans have seen what we are capable of, and expect the same every week. We can't really knock them for having high expectations can we?

My only moans are when we don't put the effort in, or make mistakes way below the level of our experience - If they're giving it their all, then there is no reason to moan then.

Personally JP, I enjoy reading how others view it. me too...its just when some feel fit to rant "for the attention"..opinions will always differ in this journey called life,but its when some can't justfy there reasons without some bolloxy remark that i'm pointing out..you know what i mean!!My expectations aren't particularly high, because I can see through all the promises of "Promotion within two seasons" etc. and realise the club are actually just a mid-table League one outfit. agree entirely...the club is now in a huge moment of change-new stadium on the horizon,not having to sell players anymore because we HAVE to,and a up and coming manager who encourages football to be played how he did...we can only keep building on this new foundation.

I suppose some of the fans have seen what we are capable of, and expect the same every week. We can't really knock them for having high expectations can we?..lol...well i do know what you mean there,but what moaners need to do is think-if these players were as brilliant as they demand them to be,they would be getting snapped up for silly money by the premier:censored:e clubs!..difference between high expectations is a personal level of expectation...my personal "high" expectation is that they give it their all -others would place it at bopping the opposition every game 4-0 and promotion-nothing less is good enough.

My only moans are when we don't put the effort in, or make mistakes way below the level of our experience -sure,they will make mistakes(and at this level of football on the league spectrum,its to be expected) but what the players don't need or want is a bloody extra weight of abuse on their shoulders from the "fans" taking pops at em...by all means moan after the game in the pub(we ALL do when the result/effort etc wasn't there),but some need to realise we are to support latics-its a 2 way thing..- If they're giving it their all, then there is no reason to moan then. :chubb:

Two points from two potentially difficult away trips will do for me. Yes all three last night would have been nice, but can't ask for everything. I didn't get to either game so again won't comment on what we 'deserved' or how we played.

Given the way the league is panning out, I'm very comfortable indeed with our away form. If we can break the home hoodoo in a good atmosphere on Saturday then we still have a chance of a late playoff push. One thing I will say with total confidence - in fact I'd put my house on it - there is absolutely no way we'll go down. Even if we bring no-one in.

A clean sheet and at least a point away from home is better than nothing at all and conceding. However, it's only good if we're winning consistently at home but we're not. Therefore in my mind it's definitely points dropped because we need to be winning away to compensate for our home form.

Even more worrying is Davies' failure to convert the chances and missing easy chances at that. Add to that the obvious inability to form a partnership with Hughes and ignoring him when he's in the much better position.

The signings we've made were ambitious but our form on the pitch doesn't match that ambition at the moment. We've lost one or two vital sparks in the team and they need to be replaced asap and we need to bring in someone who can click up front with either Hughes or Davies.

I don't want to spend yet another damn season in this league and I seriously thought that the signings made was a realistic chance of succeeding - this is what is making it even more frustrating for the fans and resulting in unfair and unwanted criticism.

We need new faces quickly and time is fast running out. Picking up a point last night means we are only two or three wins from a play-off position and then it's luck on the day. It's not over just yet but Shez needs to weave his magic to prevent an early and disappointing end to the season. Harsh but we expect progress and that's to go one better than last season!

two points dropped as we are :censored: at home,need to win away games. especially against 10men.

A point gained for me.

If we can win at home and draw away we'll be on the road to success... It's just that frustrating home form tho'. Maybe Shez should get all the players on the team coach and take 'em for a drive before the match. Didn't Dave Bassett do this at Sheff Utd one season when they were having similar problems? That's prob one good reason for not trying it then! :grin:

A quick quote for those having a pop at folk who hold the view that it was two points dropped...

"I'm not pleased with a point considering we were playing against a team with ten men and had enough chances to win the game...it's two points dropped really - those two points could have caught us up to a few teams."

Can't believe those who hold the above view are getting the "did you go?" argument thrown back at them.

Sorry, I didn't go, nor am I a football genius (well not all the time anyway) but against 10 men it's two points dropped. Same as it was the other week when we were up against 10 men for about 75 mins (home games merge into one this season - Brighton, that's who it was, was it?). Even more disappointing is the fact that versus 10 men the ideal player to have on your team would be Shez with his keep ball, passing, stretching the game ability. It's a shame we've no one in the team like that or who even thinks like that.

Oh and nearly forgot, the quote above was from John Sheridan, Oldham manager. Did he go? Numpty!

Next.

E4e

HMPTY

A quick quote for those having a pop at folk who hold the view that it was two points dropped...

"I'm not pleased with a point considering we were playing against a team with ten men and had enough chances to win the game...it's two points dropped really - those two points could have caught us up to a few teams."

Can't believe those who hold the above view are getting the "did you go?" argument thrown back at them.

Sorry, I didn't go, nor am I a football genius (well not all the time anyway) but against 10 men it's two points dropped. Same as it was the other week when we were up against 10 men for about 75 mins (home games merge into one this season - Brighton, that's who it was, was it?). Even more disappointing is the fact that versus 10 men the ideal player to have on your team would be Shez with his keep ball, passing, stretching the game ability. It's a shame we've no one in the team like that or who even thinks like that.

Oh and nearly forgot, the quote above was from John Sheridan, Oldham manager. Did he go? Numpty!

Next.

E4e

HMPTY

Have to agree with you - yesterday i said i would have been happy with a point before the game - but after the game, i saw it as two points dropped. Majority of people disagreed with me, glad Shez agrees....