Not here to crow but......

I think i was vindicated in my appraisal through the week,absolutely nothing up front as i expected.

The blame lies fairly and squarely with either a)the manager or b)the owners,no doubt some of the chaps on here will disagree but i guess thats what forums are about!!

anyway fantastic earner for me,i was gonna put £150 on hudds but lost my arse lol,but settled on a one'r and bobs yer relative!!!

Edited by jerzybalowski

I think i was vindicated in my appraisal through the week,absolutely nothing up front as i expected.

The blame lies fairly and squarely with either a)the manager or b)the owners,no doubt some of the chaps on here will disagree but i guess thats what forums are about!!

anyway fantastic earner for me,i was gonna put £150 on hudds but lost my arse lol,but settled on a one'r and bobs yer relative!!!

Ricketts on loan, Hughes suspended, wolfy and smalley to inexperienced, Davies out of form and picks the wrong options, journeymen of the championship not willing to come to the club. I think we all know this!!!! Not really the managers fault and certainly not the owners fault. How about blaming the players? Think shez might need to swallow some pride and put ricketts back in the team when his loan spell comes to an end.

Agree though absolutely no cutting edge and creativity and very easy to read as a team.

:censored:

Edited by Stevie_J

Ricketts on loan, Hughes suspended, wolfy and smalley to inexperienced, Davies out of form and picks the wrong options, journeymen of the championship not willing to come to the club. I think we all know this!!!! Not really the managers fault and certainly not the owners fault. How about blaming the players? Think shez might need to swallow some pride and put ricketts back in the team when his loan spell comes to an end.

Agree though absolutely no cutting edge and creativity and very easy to read as a team.

the players have to shoulder the responsibility,the manager has to take some of the blame too.

the old argument of not bringing in players is going to surface again now.if the club is serious with its ambitions to go up they have to put the money where the mouth is,or it will just turn out like last season again.

tough luck but i hope they learn from today,our home form is a disaster,biggest crowd at bp again and we fall flat on our arses,so the fairweathers wont come back again.

Nothing to do with the players then?

The manager picks the team, but there's too much imbalance IMO.

No natural left full back.

2 holding midfielders at home.

a slow non creative midfielder in between them.

a left winger who is right footed and easily read.

2 strikers who spend most of their time outside the penalty area or wide, no wonder opposition centre backs have an easy time.

No one in the team can take a decent corner kick.

The only real balance is the 2 centre backs, no coincidence thats the strongest part of the team.

Carry on like that and nothing will change, every match at home will be an advantage to the away side and finish a low scoring affair.

It's not want the fans want to see.

Edited by BP1960

the players have to shoulder the responsibility,the manager has to take some of the blame too.

the old argument of not bringing in players is going to surface again now.if the club is serious with its ambitions to go up they have to put the money where the mouth is,or it will just turn out like last season again.

tough luck but i hope they learn from today,our home form is a disaster,biggest crowd at bp again and we fall flat on our arses,so the fairweathers wont come back again.

shez defo has to shoulder some of the blame today imo.

Picked the wrong team and left it too long to change things.

but the players have to shoulder the majority of the blame today, no fire in their bellies at all once we went one down. And I dont think anyone could fault the fans today, got behind em from the off.

Surely the time has come to discard the ineffective McDonald, ok he scored at Everton, but he's been subbed in almost every game since, yet always starts the next.

He was very fortunate not to be subbed today as well as he was anonymous for most of the game.

Not just him, but others have to look at their game too like Davies and Taylor, there's been no end product from either for a long time.

Edited by BP1960

So now we are questioning the owners motives for redevelopment of the ground. Without the TTA we wouldn't have a club at all. The TTA have put an awful lot of money into this club and there are still people who want them to splash out to pay players big wages. Isn't that what Chris Moore did? And the reason we nearly went bust in the first place?

Huddersfield played new signing Page today, obviously he was brought in to fill a gap in that particular position (did well too), something that fans think should gave happened here once Ricketts left.

They are annoyed when players leave or are injured long term and no replacements come in, just positional chopping and changing, which is only filling in the cracks.

Edited by BP1960

Huddersfield played new signing Page today, obviously he was brought in to fill a gap in that particular position (did well too),

I'm sure BP1960 that you were at the game against Coventry Reserves a few weeks ago where Page played alongside an absolute man mountain of a Centre Half (Cairo?). They dominated aerially all game but Latics then scored twice by playing football and running at them at pace. Wolfenden and Alessandra were the chief architects of the two goals.

I'm sure BP1960 that you were at the game against Coventry Reserves a few weeks ago where Page played alongside an absolute man mountain of a Centre Half (Cairo?). They dominated aerially all game but Latics then scored twice by playing football and running at them at pace. Wolfenden and Alessandra were the chief architects of the two goals.

Yep said same on here yesterday. They were being encouraged to do so by the coaching staff. "Get alongside him, he won't catch you" was said many times to the pair of them. As soon as it was in the air though he cleaned up with ease. Thought we'd have taken it into account Saturday but we didn't and carried on knocking it long and he had a simple day.

I said on saturday if we get past Page then we are in but nobody seemed to want to run in behind them. Davies did it once maybe and out paced him but other than that it was all sideways passing in the middle then a hoof upto Davies and Smalley.

No natural left full back.

2 holding midfielders at home.

a slow non creative midfielder in between them.

a left winger who is right footed and easily read.

No one in the team can take a decent corner kick.

Carry on like that and nothing will change, every match at home will be an advantage to the away side and finish a low scoring affair.

I said something along these lines in my post after the match on Saturday.

The whole balance of the team was wrong, with Hazell and Taylor at left back and left wing but both predominently right footed.

Gary McDonald practically playing on the right wing and looking totally lost.

We looked desperately short up front and consequently made very little impact.

The owners were very clever at the start of this transfer window, they said the money was there for Sheez to spend when the right players come along, it shifts the focus on to the manager to find the right players.

This could well be the case but what if Shez has gone to the owners said this is the man shell out on him and the owners then have disagreed after looking at him. Seems unlikely but you never know especially with the Ricketts scenario. If they were willing to spend then it cant be a lot with shez coming out about a player wanting 7k. IMO if hes the man to get us out of this league then you pay it.

If anyone comes out with we cant go paying daft wages well go skint etc, well otherwise if we dont shell out were going nowhere but backwards and backwards until eventually winning on the last day doesnt happen for us and we go down instead

Yep said same on here yesterday. They were being encouraged to do so by the coaching staff. "Get alongside him, he won't catch you" was said many times to the pair of them. As soon as it was in the air though he cleaned up with ease. Thought we'd have taken it into account Saturday but we didn't and carried on knocking it long and he had a simple day.

Sorry RBL (and Andyt84 and Hometownclub!) but just catching up and haven't read all posts yet. I didn't think I'd be the first to spot that this tactic would have worked on Saturday (same as it would at The Galpharm earlier in the Season!).