Mark Crossley 8 Kept us in the game

Neal Eardley 6 Good first, rubbish second

Neal Trotman 6 Poor distrubution but resonable

Stefan Stam 5 Job to mark beckett....lost

Reuben Hazell 6 Poor distrubution but resonable

Chris Taylor 6 Poor crossing no end product

JP Kalala 6 Didnt do much wrong but created little either

Gary McDonald 4 Went missing for most the match

Mark Allott 6 out of postion can only expect so much but wasnt trying enough at times i felt

Craig Davies 4 hid for last 20 mins....looks good when running with the ball but simply cant shoot! Drifting wide all the time...GET IN THE BOX

Deane Smalley 6 Tried his best....starting to think he isnt good enough....dont mind him as a winger though....cant see him being at the club this time next year

Subs

Matty Wolfenden 6 Some nice pacey runs....but what chance did h have of making a impact with everyone playing so poor

Dont just pick scores apart....post ur own....

Edited by oafc0000

Crossley 7 - did well

Eardley 7 - did ok. Some of his distribution was poor though. Not helped by having no-one playing in front of him

Trotman - 7 - Did ok but like Eardley some of his distribution was poor

Stam 7 - made a couple of mistakes but on the whole did ok

Hazel 5 - not his fault though, he is not a full back and certainly not a left back

Taylor 6 - he's quick, all he needs to do is run at his man, he as up against Sinclair today who has no pace which is why burnley let him go, all taylor had to do was kick the ball past him and then run after it. Putting him on the right is not the answer, he still can't but decent balls in the box consistantly

McDonald 7 - Was asked to play on the right for some of the game which didnt help him. It's not his fault if none of the other players see his runs, he made some excellent runs into the box today, especially in the first half

Allot 7 - did ok, but not as well as he has been for the last few weeks. Needs a creative player alongside him

Kalala 6 - did was he does well. He gets under the oppositions feet but when he does win the ball doesn't always use it well

Smalley 7 - thought he did ok today after a shakey start, i prefer him through the middle than out on the right, think he would do ok alongside Hughes. Desperately needs a goal to get his confidence up

Davies 6 - did ok, didn't really get many decent balls in to him to do much with. Not so long ago he was everyones favourite player but a few weeks of not scoring and not playing as well as he can and most people are on his back blaming him for everything

Wolfy 7 - i like him, would like to see him alongside Hughes or playing out wide for us. He will play well for us as long as we dont lump the ball in the air to him

I thought we played well in the first half, we were all over them and did everything but score but we were pretty poor in the second half. I'm gutted we lost, we had an excellent chance of another huge game against a big club and we blew it. But onwards and upwards hopefully 3 points on Tues

Edited by Gemma06

Mark Crossley 8 - solid game, did well against the wind in the second half

Neal Eardley 6 - based on first half, rubbish second

Neal Trotman 8 - continues to impress me, best prospect in a while

Stefan Stam 6 - too arty farty for me, but did a job

Reuben Hazell 5 - NOT A LEFT BACK!!! dissapoints me coz i rate him

Chris Taylor 5 - no confidence

JP Kalala 8 - terrior in midfield

Gary McDonald 5 - did he play today?

MARK ALLOTT 9 - iv read in other posts tonight he did not put the effort in???? everythin we did he was at the heart of!!!!

Craig Davies 6 - would of been lower apart from his constant running and chasing down

Deane Smalley 6 - looked better later on when moved to the right

Subs

Matty Wolfenden 5 - just too lightwieght

KTF

Mark Crossley 6 Did ok

Neal Eardley 6 Better than of late.

Neal Trotman 7 Obviously carrying an injury,battled well

Stam 6 Average

Reuben Hazell 6 Out of position like a duck out of water

Chris Taylor 6 Wasted corners, easily read by full backs these days.

Kalala 6 Worked hard, his style is more effective in away games.

Gary McDonald 5 Anonymous yet again.

Mark Allott 6 Needs to be central to be most effective

Craig Davies 5 Very frustrating.

Deane Smalley 6 A loan spell might toughen him up.

Subs

Matty Wolfenden 6 Requires the right ball into the penalty area, unfortunately no one on the books can supply that.

Edited by BP1960

Mark Crossley 7 - Pretty solid really.

Neal Eardley 7 - Got better as the game went on, tried to mix it up well I thought.

Neal Trotman 9 - Man of the Match, didn't put a foot wrong at all.

Stefan Stam 7 - Does what is asked of him, think he might be due a rest though.

Reuben Hazell 4 - Out of position, completely.

Chris Taylor 6 - Is he fit yet? Given no space at all, difficult for him today.

JP Kalala 8 - Broke up everything, tireless. Missed when he went off.

Gary McDonald 6 - Does what he does well, isn't a battling midfielder though, he isn't in the team to break up play though.

Mark Allott 9 - Man of the Match with Trotters, didn't miss a pass and made some lovely stuff.

Craig Davies 6 - Lacking confidence, needs someone playing up front and him drifting around behind really.

Deane Smalley 7 - Won lots in the air, like at Everton, and improved out on the wing.

I don't think anyone really played badly today but our lack of proper strikers cost us dearly. We made chances just had no-one to take them. If only we had 2 Craig Davies'.

Keep the Faith

Mark Crossley 7

Neal Eardley 4 - hoof

Neal Trotman 7

Stam 5

Reuben Hazell 5

Chris Taylor 5

Kalala 4

Gary McDonald 4

Mark Allott 5

Craig Davies 4

Deane Smalley 8 A loan spell might toughen him up.

Matty Wolfenden 8

Awful display by the team only Wolfenden, Crossley, Trotman & Smalley may as well played. :censored: Oldham

MARK ALLOTT 9 - ... everythin we did he was at the heart of!!!!

Agree. Out of a very bad bunch of lightweight performances, Allott was Latics' man-of-the-match by a mile! Kilkenny must dream about some of the balls Allott put through. He appeared to be the only one who really wanted to win today.

Every 'Uddersfield player was up for a cup-tie fight and they outplayed us all over the pitch.

Crossley 7 - Did well again

Eardley 3 - enough said

Stam 6 -

Trotman 9 - our MOM today

Hazell 6

taylor 4 - woeful

Kalala - 7 did well again unlucky to be subbed

Macdonald - 5 - not at his best today

Allot 8

Davies 3 - what is going on

Smalley 4 - won one header after 75 minutes - no confidence

Crossley - 7- Didn't have much to do, but stuttered when deciding whether or not to rush out.

Eardley - 7 - Thought Neil did well today. Up and down the flanks, ran his socks off, and defended well.

Hazell - 7 - Rock solid as ever. Isn't a fullback, so doesn't have the attributes to get forward and support our wingers.

Trotman - 8 - Dominant in the air, once again. Got a silly booking, but made few mistakes. Also, I feel the lad could take the armband, and shine.

Stam - 6 - Did his job without fuss, but his passing was a little inconsistent. He did, however, find some lovely 50-yard passes.

Allott - 9 - This guy has been the most consistent player this season. His passing was excellent, his work rate was superb, and his general leadership was vital to our young side.

Taylor - 6 - Wasn't one of his best, but worked hard all game. Crossing let him down today, for me.

Kala - 9 - What an engine JP has. He's been solid since he came in at Everton. Does his Makelele role with ease.

McDonald - 6 - Was slightly disappointed with Gaz. Thought he was at fault for their goal, but he recovered well. Broke several attacks up, but his runs into the box were missed.

Davies - 6 - Started well, but fell away during the times when we needed him.

Smalley - 8 - Had our best chances, and made their 'keeper work on 1/2 occasions. I do, however, feel he would have made a much harder impact if he would keep up the level of urgency, instead of waiting for the ball etc. However, one of the better performers.

Subs:

Wolfy - Had little time to make a big impact, which is the norm for the lad. Couldn't do anything with 7 away defenders. Shame.

Edited by UpTheLatics

MARK ALLOTT 9 - iv read in other posts tonight he did not put the effort in???? everythin we did he was at the heart of!!!!

Agree Gaz. Best of a very bad bunch. Unfortunately his game rarely gets within spitting distance of the opponents box. Although he was pulling strings a lot the majority of time it was around the half way round. The only player who actually looked like he wanted the ball. The rest just ran away.

E4e

GOVER

im suprised if anyone gives eardley OR taylor above a 3!!!

Taylor especially proved my posts this week were off to a T,the ONLY thing he has going for him is pace and he absolutely terrified of running at a bloke getting on for 40.

if i were JS i'd be seriously thinking about droppping both of them as they are CLEARLY out of their depth.

agree about allott,the lad has a football brain and gets stuck in.

Mark Crossley 6

Neal Eardley 6

Neal Trotman 6

Stam 5 (lost Beckett for the goal)

Reuben Hazell 4 (out of position and it showed)

Chris Taylor 6

Kalala 6

Gary McDonald 4 (totally anonymous out on the right wing)

Mark Allott 9 (MoM by a distance - had a great game and looked the only Latics player who really wanted it)

Craig Davies 4

Deane Smalley 5

Matty Wolfenden 6 (not enough time to make an impact - not that I'm saying he would have given time)

Overall Uddersfield were more committed and wanted it more, they were more physical than us and we did nothing to counter it.

There seemed a certain inevitability that when they scored that would be the end of the scoring.

We are absolutely desperate to bring in a left back, creative midfielder and a striker before Thursday as today and many other recent home games have really exposed our total inability to break teams down and score a goal.

The team looks and is really unbalanced with players playing out of position all over the pitch. (Hazell, McDonald, Taylor)

Somehow I dont see us getting these three targets we need by Thursday.

Carlisle at home Tuesday and already I feel like the best we can hope for is a 0-0 draw.

Fans 10 Motm for me! :grin:

Sheridan 1 Had a :censored: match imo. In the 90th when we had a corner, Crossley wanted to get up for it, Sheridan shouted at him to get back in his net! What was to lose, really annoyed me that.

In the end not many players had the determination to go on and get something out of the game, Kalala and Allot didn't do too bad at times.

Can someone please tell me what Eardley has done to get back in that team?! His distribution is :censored:

Anyway lets put today behind us and bring on Carlsile on Tuesday. Hopefully can get a nice run going and do our best to scrape the playoffs (optimistic I know but can still be done)!

Once again fans were quality today, KTF! :comeon::OWTB1::ktf:

To be honest I thought we were the better of two pretty poor teams today. So much possession so little creativity.

Crossley 6 - not much to do but what he did was OK. No chance with the goal.

Eardley 5 - poor distribution OK defending. Was OK in the first half but shocking with his decision making in the second.

Stam 5 - Did well in the air was shocking on the floor.

Trotters 8 - did well against the experience and phyiscal presence of Beckett. Won loads in the air and was a threat up the top end. My Latics MOM. There was one better player on the pitch.

Hazell 6 - never a full back. An average performance by an above average player.

Kalala 2 - and one of thse points was for putting his boots on the correct feet. Shockingly bad. Distribution woeful. Not the right kind of game for him. Midfield bypassed makes his battling qualities of no use. Gets a nosebleed if he has to pass forward. A very :censored: Ray Wilkins. Not good enough for us by a million miles. Everton excepted I haven't seen him have a good game.

McDonald 6 - worked hard but not comfortable on the right. Needed his energy in centre mid in place of JP.

Allott 7 - best midfielder on the pitch but was overworked by lack of any meaningful support. Took his time and had a cool head on. Only just pipped by Trotters for MOM.

Taylor. Jesus where do I start? 1 brilliant cross half way through the first half that took everyone out of the game. Unfortunately no one took advantage. At least half a dozen corners hitting the first defender is extremely poor. Too soft. A defender only has to square up to him to make him turn sideways on doesn't want it enough. Lucky not to be booked for a shocking challenge, which was cowardly and late, in the first half but the ref was looking at the tackle seconds earlier on Smalley. I am sorry he gets a 1. Worst player for us on the pitch. The sooner we are rid of the over rated waste of space the better.

Davies 6 - I thought he was the best player on the pitch in the first half. Full of running and ideas. Second half he lost interest totally and his decision making was poor.

Smalley 7 - Worked his nads off against THE best player on the pitch. Page was awesome today and that experience against Deanos zest was always going to win. No change from the Hudds stopper today but the one time he got away from him he produced our only noteable effort on goal. A great prospect.

Ultimately very soft way to go out after our efforts at Goodison.

KtF,

Derek.

Crossley 7 did ok, no chance on goal

Eardley 6 - very inconsistant (still only 19)

Trotman 7 did ok.

Stam 7 under rated - better than Gregan - make him captain.

Hazel 7 right footed centre back plaaying left back. Couldn't ask more of him. Tried his best at all times. I like him.

Macdonald 6 - fits and starts

Alott 9 - can't see the criticism. Putting him the centre and he was clearly the only one who could hold and distribute the ball.

Kalala 7 - solid, honest, hard working

Taylor - 5 - infuriating

Smalley 4 - total crap

Davies 4 - equally crap

We had nothing up front. Why hasn't the manager done anything since Ricketts left?

Huddersfield - very average. This makes it very frustrating. I thought they were a very basic outfit - nothing special at all.

Trotman 7 did ok.

Hazel 7 right footed centre back plaaying left back. Couldn't ask more of him. Tried his best at all times. I like him.

Alott 9 - can't see the criticism. Putting him the centre and he was clearly the only one who could hold and distribute the ball.

Taylor - 5 - infuriating

Smalley 4 - total crap

Davies 4 - equally crap

We had nothing up front. Why hasn't the manager done anything since Ricketts left?

Huddersfield - very average. This makes it very frustrating. I thought they were a very basic outfit - nothing special at all.

Mark Crossley 7 small amount he had to do, did well

Neal Eardley 4 awful

Neal Trotman 6 ok at the back, our most likely scorer

Stefan Stam 6 ok

Reuben Hazell 5 my favourite players worst game in an Oldham shirt. dodgy defending, bad distribution

Chris Taylor 5 lazy

JP Kalala 4 crap

Gary McDonald 6 lazy and crap, small flashes of ability

Mark Allott 8 solid, tried to creat, cared

Craig Davies 4 awful, frustrating, you're a CENTRE FORWARD, stay CENTRE and FORWARD!

Deane Smalley 6 good first half, after Troman closest to scoring. moved wide, still tried.

Subs

Matty Wolfenden 5 what does Alessandra have to do get on?

Trotman 7 did ok.

Taylor - 5 - infuriating

Smalley 4 - total crap

Davies 4 - equally crap

bigfat joe that is an excellent appraisal and i agree with more or less all of it.(the lemmings wont though) :mad:

Trotman 7 did ok.

Taylor - 5 - infuriating

Smalley 4 - total crap

Davies 4 - equally crap

thanks bigfatjoe - i was worried for a while you where seemingly at the same game i was