Told off for clapping on Saturday!

Im quite shocked to hear that latics supporters think we cant use bad home support as an excuse for losing on Saturday. During the second half in the "singing section" (hmmm) someone turned round and told me off for clapping because it was annoying him!!! We exchanged words and it drew quite a bit of attention and after this there was no more singing for the rest of the game. I was really annoyed about this and actually considered not going to home games anymore. However, I know I'll be there tomorrow.... And to cap it all off there were latics fans throwing bottles at Matt Glennon at the final whistle... I wont deny that Im quite ashamed to support latics at the moment.

If you was in the chaddy end and you was the one clapping none stop for 5 mins , not to sound harsh but it was kind of annoying. Although you had to see the funny side. Was it some sort of tune or something.

KTF

I was doing the same with the 'Sheridans Blue and White army' even when it died on my side of the stand I still kept going lol. I hope more people are willing to do the same as it makes others feel less self conscious joining in and improves the atmosphere. Nobody told me to be quiet once and I would have been surprised if they had done. I would have just told them to join in or sit in a different stand next time if they had though. You have to expect there to be plenty of noise in the Chaddy, and if clapping annoys you then a football match isn't the best place to be, end of.

He wasnt clapping to sheridans blue and white army or any song. Just started randomly clapping in a tune with no one joining in , bit like a seel. In your situation its good coause its gets the atmosphere going again couple of times sheridan b+w army died down then got going cause of people not giving up on the chant, but this had no use in starting a song of, just wound people up as he said.

KTF

Think i would know by now if a football match wasnt for me been going long enough !!

He wasnt clapping to sheridans blue and white army or any song. Just started randomly clapping in a tune with no one joining in , bit like a seel. In your situation its good coause its gets the atmosphere going again couple of times sheridan b+w army died down then got going cause of people not giving up on the chant, but this had no use in starting a song of, just wound people up as he said.

KTF

Think i would know by now if a football match wasnt for me been going long enough !!

For me, someone can clap for 90mins on his own if he wants. Would rather that than complete silence. My arms nearly fell off in the 2nd half in the Chaddy.....must've clapped non-stop for over 20mins.....if someone else doesn't want to, then so be it, but if they want to say owt to me about doing it they'll get a stark reply!

And if it just wound people up, 1) they must get very easily wound up and 2) maybe they should've started their own chant to drown out the one they didn't want to hear. Nah....sounds to me like the old "easier to moan" brigade.

Edited by boundaryblue80

KTF

Don't think it is for you to say what people can and can't do tbh. I applaude anyone that gets behind the team. Better than the moaning and abusing of the players that seems to have been come the norm now.

Don't think it is for you to say what people can and can't do tbh. I applaude anyone that gets behind the team. Better than the moaning and abusing of the players that seems to have been come the norm now.

So long as you applaud in a non-related to football tune and for an indefinate time of more than ten minutes then you'd fit in well with this one.

Can't say it annoyed me, but I can understand it may have wound up the more highly strung character.

For me, someone can clap for 90mins on his own if he wants. Would rather that than complete silence. My arms nearly fell off in the 2nd half in the Chaddy.....must've clapped non-stop for over 20mins.....if someone else doesn't want to, then so be it, but if they want to say owt to me about doing it they'll get a stark reply!

And if it just wound people up, 1) they must get very easily wound up and 2) maybe they should've started their own chant to drown out the one they didn't want to hear. Nah....sounds to me like the old "easier to moan" brigade.

Remember, any positive comments or singin on Boundary Park premises is a hanging offense :wink:

Too right, it isn't the opera or the theatre it is football, if people want to lose their inhibitions and sing and shout then how can anyone have a problem with it? If people are offended or wound up by others supporting their team in the way they see fit there is something wrong.

Too right, it isn't the opera or the theatre it is football, if people want to lose their inhibitions and sing and shout then how can anyone have a problem with it? If people are offended or wound up by others supporting their team in the way they see fit there is something wrong.

If someone is annoying you with rubbish clapping then make more noise yourself - simple. Keep up the good work scotty.

So if someone came and sat in the seat next to you and randomly sang "Alphabet soup turns your hair cabbage" you'd be alright? All game? In your earhole? 105 minutes?

The short version of this is that the lad was being an attention seeking idiot and it probably was really annoying to those nearer to him than I.

Remember, any positive comments or singin on Boundary Park premises is a hanging offense :wink:

Many a true word is spoken in jest.

I wasn't in my regular ST seat on Saturday, I was in the Main Stand Blue Block seat M60 and there was three numpty's sat directly in front of me who looked horrified and disparagingly in the direction of anyone who made any comment atall positive or negative during the match (I'm sure they had taken a wrong turn and thought they were in the local library).

In over 30 years of watching Latics I have never seen anything like it before.

Then to counter this the guy behind me in maybe seat N59 or O59 proceeded to give the people around him a running commentary of the game (at first I thought he must be at the game with a blind person and was doing this for their benefit) but alas no, he appeared to be on his own (surprise surprise). I need to add that his commentary was the biggest pile of ill informed and ill judged rubbish you could ever wish to hear, totally negative in everything he said, an absolute balloon of the highest order.

Suffice to say I shall not be sitting in seat M60 ever again.

So if someone came and sat in the seat next to you and randomly sang "Alphabet soup turns your hair cabbage" you'd be alright? All game? In your earhole? 105 minutes?

The short version of this is that the lad was being an attention seeking idiot and it probably was really annoying to those nearer to him than I.

:laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16::laught16:

Slagged off for clapping - please - what is the world coming to? A lad I sit with was applauding the team off the pitch at the end (which we all do every game!) and apparently someone pipes up with - 'what you clapping that :censored: for?' I didnt hear about this until afterwards but me blood were boiling. We are clapping OUR team off the pitch - they represent OUR club and even if the performance is not the best, we will continue to applause the effort the team puts in!

Guest oa_exile
Thanks for the majority support and just to clear up, I actually was clapping a tune... you've probably heard it drummed... Considering a few others started it after I was told off then I think I have proof.

Did it go something like this ?

:applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1::applause1:

I'm here all week :)

:getmecoat:

Thanks for the majority support and just to clear up, I actually was clapping a tune... you've probably heard it drummed... Considering a few others started it after I was told off then I think I have proof.

If you learnt it from copying the drum beat I think I know why most people couldn't recognise the tune.

I can't comment as I wasn't there, but I have to confess I can see how it would do your head in someone making what appeared to be completely random loud noises in your ear for a long period of time, that's just human nature. It's certainly not the same sort of thing as soem idiots having a go at people who are clapping the team or trying to get/keep a song going, or just generally being loud and fan-like.

Guest oa_exile
but I have to confess I can see how it would do your head in someone making what appeared to be completely random loud noises in your ear for a long period of time

<_< Now you know what I have to put up with when you are sat behind me chirping away :angry:

I was sat in front of you young sir, i sit in same seat every home game but have never seen you at a game before ?

I hope you will be sitting in another part of the ground from now on you silly little boy :violent111: