Trotman signs for Preston

£500k, good luck Neal

and well done Latics for screwing the pond life Chief Exec from Plymouth that said to Hardy " I'd accept the £350k if I were you, don't want another Porter on your hands do you?!" Highest bidder won and we weren't railroaded. Good business that. Now where's our sodding striker................

I said last November I think it was, slightly tongue in cheeek, "what price Trotters playing for England one day".

Think I should probaly chase this up.

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Thinking back to Sheridans LW interview the other dat when the question was posed about Trotters and the transfer saga. Shez said he didn't know cos it was all up in the air, however if the lad wanted any advice he could come to him and he'd be honest with the lad as to what he should do. How odd then that the Trotters piece on the PNE site Trotters says he took advice from Gregan and Philiskirk! am not reading owt into it cos at the end of the day football is one of those odd businesses where lying is the accepted medium. Can you think of another business (apart from espionage) where lying is the accepted thing?

And what would make a better story on the PNE site...I took advice of my manager or I moved here after taking advice from two former Preston players who said it was a fantastic club to play for. If the situation was reversed I know what I'd do if I was running the story. All part of the PR process.

Not been able to get on since the move but best of luck to Neal.

I'm sure this is just the first step in a big career. After being stung in the summer we were in a tricky position but we got good value and at last weren't mugged off by a team getting one on the cheap.

All the best Neal, you're gonna be a star!

Edited by RoytonBlueLad

Good move on all parts. Cracking Fee and given how many clubs where after him, it's pushed everything a touch over what most of if not every Latics fan would consider an acceptable price for him.

I've praised Trotters no end on here for how much of a threat he 'looks' at set peices (mainly corners). I say look because we cant even beat the first man so he's not got much chance.

I knew he wouldnt move to Plymouth. He loves the Mancunian Nightlife too much. Hope he does well at Preston and does end up impressing someone else and gets to play in the Prem one day. He'll definately be good enough in a couple of years if he carries on as he's done here.