Trotman signs for Preston

What? Mobile in one hand calling TP, a hot dog in the other, and all while he was driving a coach? Disgraceful.

And it was Burnley's coach as well. :shock:

Wouldn't his hands have too few fingers for the steering wheel? :unsure:

Mind you, if both hands were full, then that would explain why he's known as Clever Dick. :blush:

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It's a very good deal so well done to OAFC.

Many thanks Neal for your performances on the pitch plus the exemplary way in which you have conducted yourself throughout this prolonged affair. Good luck and I'll be watching and hoping that your career progresses to the Premiership and ultimately England recognition.

You are a credit and an inspiration to all the young lads who get rejected by their first Club.

Spot on, good luck Neal

Very disappointed to see him go as, behind Fitz Hall, he's the best Centre Back I've seen at Latics since I started following us.

But the club got the deal just right with the £500k up front, appearance bonuses and, most importantly, the sell on clause so well done to all involved.

Finally, cheers Neal for the way you played for the short time you were in the first team and best of luck fulfilling the fantastic potential you have!

Edited by the_mighty_bosh

Echo the sentiments above, he will be welcome back at BP at any time. "Smiler" has been great since he came into the team, although it was the fans who spotted his potential before the coaching staff as there were countless posts on here stating that he should have been in the first team as well as questions at the supporters forum why he wasn't playing.

Also, surely with the cup run and 500K we will at least break even this season for the first time in years.

Edited by slurms mckenzie

I think I might be right in saying Dave Hudson alerted Philiskirk to Trotmans availability.

" I'd accept the £350k if I were you, don't want another Porter on your hands do you?!"

Prozac where as this come from?

From a very reliable source who sits near me!

Best of luck to Neal, think he could play at Premiership level given the right set of circumstances. Excellent defender

Also well done to the club for doing a good piece of business

The good Doctor

Where does this leave us? We bulid a foundation and because its succesful we pull it apart? Not happy to be honset

Or we buy more, better quality, fancier bricks, and build a better house..... the deal was 100% the right decision for the club, with Hazell, Stam, greegs, Thommo on the books Trotman was the most expendable, and most lucrative asset we have...

We all loved trotters... but £500k+ for a player that wasnt even in the first team plans at the start of the season... err, yes please.. laughing all the way to the bank (or transfer market... hopefully..)

Guest oa_exile
Or we buy more, better quality, fancier bricks, and build a better house..... the deal was 100% the right decision for the club, with Hazell, Stam, greegs, Thommo on the books Trotman was the most expendable, and most lucrative asset we have...

We all loved trotters... but £500k+ for a player that wasnt even in the first team plans at the start of the season... err, yes please.. laughing all the way to the bank (or transfer market... hopefully..)

What a difference a year in the life of a footballer.

This time last year he was playing in the Conference on loan to Halifax , must have been wondering what the future was..........twelve month on signed for a Championship club with a decent salary ........Happy Days for Neal !

The asking price for prospective purchases will have increased now the Club has done the Trotman deal. :(

Here's hoping that that the ink was dry already on the striker deals!!

And that everyone has positive news in the build up to the game this weekend.

Aye, good luck to the lad. I can see him in the Premier League within 3 years. He's got a lot of promise,in my opinion, maybe even enough for a call-up to the English national side one day. Look at Lescott.

I hope PNE stay up, as it'd be a bloody disaster for Neal.

Good deal for the club, and we just can't reject those offers. It's a shame he's gone, but it's money we can relish. Whether or not Shez has owt to spend is another thing, though.

Congratulations & best of luck to Neal, he's a young lad with a good career in front of him and I genuinely hope he does well.

Shame we lost him but better that than another Porter situation - we've not done at all badly out of it so as much as I'm disappointed to lose him it seems like a reasonable decision by the club. Decent money for someone 6 months away from a nominal fee (I doubt we'd have got much as he was a Burnley trainee originally).

Good luck Neal, ace player,good fee and i'm glad its Preston. After going to Uni there I have a bit of a soft spot for them. I lived in the lovely area that is Deepdale to.

Well done Tripod, you'll go from strength to strength a dedicated young player who gives 110%

Super business from Latics, looking forward to tomorrow with renewed optimism