Trotman signs for Preston

• Replies 81
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Excellent deal for the club but a huge loss. An absolute giant who's gonna go from strength to strength.

All the best Neal!!

E4e

GDLCK

Yeah, definitely. He's going to have a good career at a high level. Good on the lad, although I would have loved to see him fulfill more of his career with us. The money generated should bag a couple of quality signings.

Cheers Neal ..

I'll miss your leap like a salmon headers and set pieces . A big future is ahead for this lad if he continues to listen and development

Great bit of business there Latics and well done MR HARDY for the extra add ons % of future sales, :wink:

Also big thank you TP - you can pick them !!! How much has TP brought the club in past 2 years ??

£500k, good luck Neal

and well done Latics for screwing the pond life Chief Exec from Plymouth that said to Hardy " I'd accept the £350k if I were you, don't want another Porter on your hands do you?!" Highest bidder won and we weren't railroaded. Good business that. Now where's our sodding striker................

Sad to see him go cos I would have liked him to do it with us, but best of luck Neal!

It's a very good deal so well done to OAFC.

Many thanks Neal for your performances on the pitch plus the exemplary way in which you have conducted yourself throughout this prolonged affair. Good luck and I'll be watching and hoping that your career progresses to the Premiership and ultimately England recognition.

You are a credit and an inspiration to all the young lads who get rejected by their first Club.

Cheers Neal ..

I'll miss your leap like a salmon headers and set pieces . A big future is ahead for this lad if he continues to listen and development

Great bit of business there Latics and well done MR HARDY for the extra add ons % of future sales, :wink:

Also big thank you TP - you can pick them !!! How much has TP brought the club in past 2 years ??

Good luck Neal. Your goal at Elland Road will live long in the memory!

And a nice piece of business by Latics especially as it's the best deal since 1998! That's 10 years of give-aways due to our poor financial position.

(Diego_Sideburns @ Jan 28 2008, 13:08 PM)

....I reckon a reporter has drawn his/her own conclusion and come up with this story on Sunday or first thing this morning. If it was true Plymouth would be mad that the story had alerted other clubs.

This "alerting other clubs," chestnut. So which is the more accurate impersonation of an agent whose player could go to a small club on the cheap so long as no bigger richer clubs hear about it?

:lipsrsealed2: or :dance::exile::spam2::awooga::gossip:

Im very sorry to see him go. Hes 20 now, so just think what he will be like in 5 yrs. He will be worth a lot more and be playing in the prem.

I was abit gutted when i heard there would be no sell on.

Think its a good deal now we have the sell on tho. Could easily receive the same 500k if hes sold.

Good luck neal.

This "alerting other clubs," chestnut. So which is the more accurate impersonation of an agent whose player could go to a small club on the cheap so long as no bigger richer clubs hear about it?

:lipsrsealed2: or :dance::exile::spam2::awooga::gossip:

I thought we were accepting that Sir Neal was such a great, hard-working, honest lad that he wouldn't have an agent! :wink:

Absolutely gutted, he is a class above any young centreback we have had at Latics for as long as I can remember, he has the lot and can only get better. Shame we won't get to see him turn in to the player he will become and I wish we had been able to tie him to a long term deal a few months ago.

However, cracking business and wish him well. Just goes to show what can be achieved by picking up rejects from bigger clubs and giving them another chance, might not always work but when it does it pays like this.

Cheers Neal ..

I think I might be right in saying Dave Hudson alerted Philiskirk to Trotmans availability.

" I'd accept the £350k if I were you, don't want another Porter on your hands do you?!"

Prozac where as this come from?

Gutted Trotmans gone cos I wished we could keep our better players, off load our worst and bring in better..... but this is Latics I suppose. Thats just hope that Sheridan gets the bulk of that and uses it wisely. Defo the Porter factor at play I feel. Good luck Neal, he came across unassuming in his interviews which shows he appreciates his job.

Absolutely gutted to see trots go. The best talent to break through to the 1st team in my 20 years of watching the blues IMHO.

But I'm just being selfish...All the very best Neal.

And I'm very confident of seeing him in the england set up one day, so the sell-on clause is indeed, again (in theory), the big money maker.

Maybe the Porter situation was a blessing in disguise after all...

I think I might be right in saying Dave Hudson alerted Philiskirk to Trotmans availability.

Indeed you are right Lags, Hudson I believe worked with Neals mum and was aware of his availability and it was him who mentioned it to TP ...

Although TP did have the foresight to keep Trotts on when he got his injury that put him out for 6 mths and to bring him on from his disappoinment of Burnley to the 1st team here.

A good day at the office for OAFC for all concerned I think :grin: