HARDY RE TROTMAN

It was Burnley mate that got rid of him and it was to do with having to chooce to take a defender or a striker for their last pro contract they had available in their budget. There reasoning was that they would make more out of a forward :grin: Unlucky Dingles :lol:

They wanted to keep Trots just didnt have enough places, OAFC did in a way give him a good contract of 2 years in a way with the extensions etc .. Agree thou I'd have gibe him a 2 year with an option of a 3rd but sometimes you have to play safe which clubs in our position have to do <_<

I suppose it depends who the forward was though. Wasn't this Lafferty kid was it?

As an ex premiership scout I know you look to players potential when offering a contract, not what level they are playing at the time.

I said it many times last season (as others will testify) when Trotman was in the reserves he had that potential, and therefore in my eyes should have been given a longer contract.

However, it's all about opinions and I accept yours.

No worries BP.

You know that I respect your opinion and always look forward to your comments on some of the young players that you have seen both for and in opposition to Latics.

BP1960 any up and coming wingers at the club ?

Left wingers are rare breed, if I see an up and coming Alan Groves from any where - be it Latics, league, or non league I will let soon you know. :wink:

Edited by BP1960

Left wingers are rare breed, if I see an up and coming Alan Groves from any where - be it Latics, league, or non league I will let soon you know. :wink:

BP1960, I know the high esteem oyu are held, can I ask who you would like to give the long term deals to out of the current crop. Not a dig at you, just intersted to know who has caught your eye.

Alex

We are all disappointed to see Neal leave but for a player who has only started 20 first team games I think we have done remarkably well to negotiate such a fee, and we could not deny him the chance to progress and secure a good contract.

We had also been trying to tie Neal down to a new contract since December but he had wanted to bide his time on that.

Neal is a lovely lad and after being thrown on the scrap heap by Burnley a couple of seasons ago the club worked hard with him to resurrect his career and now it has paid off for both him and the club.

I wished him well yesterday when I left him at Deepdale and told him that we all want to see him progress to the highest level.

I am now working on the next move which should hopefully see a player coming in today.

Regards

Alan

Only 1 player?, not suprised, but was a bit hopeful.

Few loan players in the coming weeks I think.

Guest oa_exile
Its all about seeing the potential -

I saw that first hand at Accrington in the paint Pot , he received a standing ovation (even though we were standing ^_^ ) from the travelling faithful that night ! :chubb:

BP1960, I know the high esteem you are held, can I ask who you would like to give the long term deals to out of the current crop. Not a dig at you, just interested to know who has caught your eye.

Of the current crop I particularly like the off the ball play and great attitude of Nathan Kilcourse and the sharp courageous striker Adam Edwards, I expect them to come more to the fore next season though.

Closer to the first team Paul Black has the right attitude too.

It's up to them though to continue progressing.

I like players with good basic skills and determination, I have seen many talented kids fall by the wayside who have not applied themselves.

One of the best prospects I ever recommended as a teenager got sidetracked and isn't playing the game at any level now.

I have the utmost respect for Tony Philiskirk he is dong a wonderful job and has many more great prospects in the pipeline.