Superbowl

Good cagey first half. Great defending from both sides....just that stupid passing block penalty on the Pats 4th down which lead to a touchdown, which is the difference really. And then a silly delay of game by New York when on a great drive....looked like scoring then they throw that in and fumble it for a turnover. Silly things like that were costing NYG in the regular season, they have to cut it out in 2nd half if they want to win. Defensively, they've kept Tom Brady locked up....not many have managed that.

Looking forward to the 2nd half....got a feeling this could go right down to the last play! Did want the Pats coz I want to see them complete the invincible season....but NYG deserve it so far but for one silly mistake costing them a 7-3 defecit. Small margins!

2nd half coming up.....

Edited by boundaryblue80

See.

What a play! What an un:censored:ingbelieveable play....if anyone slags off NFL, they should just be showed what Eli did to make that touchdown.....unreal! Actually text my mate after Eli's piece of magic and said "I hope you knock it in now".....coz tbh, over 60mins, NYG have been the better side and that was the 2nd best play of the whole season (won't beat Farves O/T TD pass in the regular season :grin:).....but to keep NYG's dream alive, Eli with 2 guys trying to rip his shirt off and gets free to make a completion. Class....well done!

Edited by boundaryblue80

It's great, just last year watching Peyton play an awesome game to see him lead the Colts to victory, and now Eli playing a better game to lead the Giants.

I couldn't watch the NFL week in week out, but the Superbowl is great.

Awesome play by Eli there.

Not better than Macca at Everton though!

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

Somehow made it into work four hours after going to bed...

Absolutely brilliant last night. The sport can look itself in the eye again after the cheating :censored: got beat. What a bunch of losers. Ha ha. Can't even win a game when they know all the defensive plays coming up.

Cheated their way to every win under that :censored: :censored: Belichick, let's hope it falls to pieces for them now (and that the Rams recording comes to light so we really know he did it for every game - rather than kind of know).

Thankyou NY. Saved the sport*.

*although I never thought in a month of Sundays you could do it.

AWESOME NIGHT!!!!

Will nevere forget that one!!!!!!

Perfect my arse :) 18-1! 18-1!

Burress two catches all game :) 2nd catch makes them superbowl champions....unbelivable :)

All those who doubted Eli Manning how wrong was you all :) Loving it :) Got to bed at 4:30 am after plenty of celebrating....house went up when Burress caught that ball :) Great defence, Brady wasnt given time at all :)

So happy and well deserved :)

I still cant believe it, it was amazing.

That pass rush has got to be one of the finest ever. Tom Brady just got pounded, just like every QB they have faced this season.

I was critical of Eli Manning earlier in the season, and I am happy to admit I was wrong. When it mattered he has got it done, and he has really stepped up to become a leader. I remember one of the early season games (think it was San Francisco at home) and one of the commentators said that they were cerain that New York would win a championship while Eli Manning was playing. I remember thinkin, "yeah right". But he proved me and a lot of other people wrong. That pass was immense!

Was a great night, especially when me and my mate were belting out "They went 18, and :censored: 1" as the bar emptied.

NY Giants- Superbowl 42 champions!

I still cant believe it, it was amazing.

That pass rush has got to be one of the finest ever.

Got to agree there. It was an absolutely fantastic performance from the defence.

Manning shouldn't have got the MVP in my opinion, it should have gone to Steve Spagnola the defensive coach. Alternatively (as giving it to a non-player is probably not allowed), Michael Strahan or Antonio Pierce because someone from the "D" had to be the MVP. The QB Ratings for both sides were poor and while Manning did orchestrate a superb match winning drive, I think that it was a cop-out to give him the award.

The only bad thing for the Giants after last night (and the Post-Season performances) is that Spagnola is a certainty to get a Head Coach job somewhere during the close Season.

Anyway, don't want to take the gloss off a brilliant performance for you Giants fans and I am so chuffed the Patriots got their come-upance. We'll just have to wait for the 2008 Packers to be the first 19-0 Team! :)

The only bad thing for the Giants after last night (and the Post-Season performances) is that Spagnola is a certainty to get a Head Coach job somewhere during the close Season.

Washington by all accounts

We'll just have to wait for the 2008 Packers to be the first 19-0 Team! :)

Sorry, the Cardinals are as good as in for that one already.

And Oldham will do the quadruple next season.

Somehow made it into work four hours after going to bed...

Absolutely brilliant last night. The sport can look itself in the eye again after the cheating :censored: got beat. What a bunch of losers. Ha ha. Can't even win a game when they know all the defensive plays coming up.

Cheated their way to every win under that :censored: :censored: Belichick, let's hope it falls to pieces for them now (and that the Rams recording comes to light so we really know he did it for every game - rather than kind of know).

Thankyou NY. Saved the sport*.

*although I never thought in a month of Sundays you could do it.

How did they cheat?

Got to agree there. It was an absolutely fantastic performance from the defence.

Manning shouldn't have got the MVP in my opinion, it should have gone to Steve Spagnola the defensive coach. Alternatively (as giving it to a non-player is probably not allowed), Michael Strahan or Antonio Pierce because someone from the "D" had to be the MVP. The QB Ratings for both sides were poor and while Manning did orchestrate a superb match winning drive, I think that it was a cop-out to give him the award.

I agree with that. I would have given the MVP to Strahan, Tuck or Umenyiora. I think it shouldhave gone to a member of the defence as they are the reason we won.

Looks like Spags will go to Washington, and to be fair who can blame him? It can not get any better for him with the Giants.

Id also expect Strahan to retire now. Now he has won the championship, which i think is the only reason he hadn't retired earlier. At least we have Justin Tuck signed up for a good few years.

I watched an interview with Osi Umenyiora earlier on, he was saying that he is thinking of boycotting the pro bowl next week as he is the only Giant there. He made a good point, how can the league chapions only have one player in the Pro Bowl?! (i know the voting is done way ahead of the playoffs).