Ricketts - contract cancelled

It's a good job the people who write the club's player contracts are smarter than most of you seem to give them credit for.

Getting rid of Ricketts has cost the club very little indeed.

I hope so. Otherwise he'll be the most expensive mistake since Allan Smart.

BY MUTUAL CONSENT! At least we dont have to pay up his 2 year contract. Good riddance!!!!

Unfortunately he was signed on a 3 year contract. This mistake has cost us big time. Should never have given him a contract this long with his history. He'll probably sign for Walsall when he's fit and get another 2 1/2 year deal. Then the trouble will start again for them. Easy to get flashy cars isn't it!

Are you guessing that? Or is this inside information?

You will never hear it officially but it has been revealed by many good sources that there was a break in the Contract saying that after 3 months, if things weren't working out for either party, then it could be terminated. TTA knew the signing was a gamble and so insisted on get-out clauses being inserted. The 3 months coincided with him leaving on loan for Walsall and as we have seen, he aint coming back.

You will never hear it officially but it has been revealed by many good sources that there was a break in the Contract saying that after 3 months, if things weren't working out for either party, then it could be terminated. TTA knew the signing was a gamble and so insisted on get-out clauses being inserted.

Jollies.

Unfortunately he was signed on a 3 year contract. This mistake has cost us big time. Should never have given him a contract this long with his history. He'll probably sign for Walsall when he's fit and get another 2 1/2 year deal. Then the trouble will start again for them. Easy to get flashy cars isn't it!

Why can't 'mutual consent' mean.....You can stay here and rot in the reserves for 2 years, or we'll release you and give you a chance to resurrect (again) with another club?!?!? That could well have been said behind closed doors!

Also a clause stating, if he hadn't appeared in so many 1st team games, his contract could be cancelled!? You never know!! :unsure:

I_C is right. Let's just say the loan to Walsall was a fairly clear indication as to how his 3 month probation went.

So if anybody tells you we've paid the joker 2 years plus salary to get rid, tell them they're wrong. (I know how so many Oldhamers love to be the bearers of bad news... and I do love putting them right!)

I_C is right. Let's just say the loan to Walsall was a fairly clear indication as to how his 3 month probation went.

So if anybody tells you we've paid the joker 2 years plus salary to get rid, tell them they're wrong. (I know how so many Oldhamers love to be the bearers of bad news... and I do love putting them right!)

well put and I_C is spot on !

We've not paid any money to Ricketts since he left for Walsall !