the two simons in the away end

Have a feeling if we ever played burton you would make a right royal BALLS up of it. :wink:

Latics have already played in Burton and nobody complained about not being able to organise a piss-up in a brewery town! :tongue1:

Oh Burton-on-Trent is wonderful

Oh Burton-on-Trent is wonderful

Full of beer, beer and more beer

Oh Burton-on-Trent is wonderful!

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

....trying (succesfully) to find places in the ground with Danny where you could smoke without being seen...

I presume you won't be trying to get hold of a "Quit it" youth team shirt.

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1241330,00.html

There's a freephone support line .....go on, you know it makes sense! :peepwall:

I shudder to think what you would have been like if you had turned up at your recommended pub before 6.30pm! The local being the last to arrive is nothing to BOAST about. :grin:

ummmm don't think you'll ever beat me rocking into the pub at the end of my road at 2.15pm for the Leyton away game.

I've no problem with them standing with the fans. Infact SC agreed to come on a booze bus a season or two back but it was the Lashers away game that was going to see temperatures of minus 8 that night and thus was cancelled. Gutted!

It seems however that they like Bristol away trips tho. Shame about the results tho...after that on Tuesday, their other Brizzle game was back under Talbot. Thankfully his last, after a 5-1 drubbing!

I've no problem with them standing with the fans. Infact SC agreed to come on a booze bus a season or two back but it was the Lashers away game that was going to see temperatures of minus 8 that night and thus was cancelled. Gutted!

Was that midweek between Xmas & New Year a few years ago? We, the now-disbanded 'official' message board "clique", went on the pish instead and SC was in the Litten Tree. So he was "treated" to our well wishes and an slightly inebriated, yet emotional (and a bit overdue) "Thanks for saving my club" from me... :blush:

But he never bought that pint he promised me when he came to this part of the US though... Wonder why not?!?

My lips are sealed!!! Myself, Danny and Bigfin stood directly behind them / spoke to through-out the second half. Ask bigfin recon he can't keep a secret... :grin:

You mean moved down a few steps fom your first half position to be stood directly behind them, in order to speak to them throughout the second half. :shifty: Hence less singing from some in the second half. :tongue1:

sport8weds1302.jpg

Picture courtesy of the rarely wrong Chron. Mods, are we allowed to use this for caption suggestions?

sport8weds1302.jpg

Picture courtesy of the rarely wrong Chron. Mods, are we allowed to use this for caption suggestions?

They might be a noisy set of buggers, but half of 'em aren't even watching the game Come to think of it, doesn't look as if we are, either.

Edited by Bristolatic

Mate... most of the game was an alcohol induced blur so cant remember any secrets to tell!, remember singing (lots), falling over (lots) and trying (succesfully) to find places in the ground with Danny where you could smoke without being seen...

Bigfin, I have to tell you that you were as p***ed as a handcart BEFORE the game, never mind most of it. In fact, you didn't sound that sober when you rang me from the pub, so God knows how many you had between then and kick-off. As for smoking without being seen, having a crafty fag at the side exit end of the Gents, did NOT make you invisible. :grin:

I heard yesterday there was a picture in the cron .......... don't think for one minute I was singing at the time it was taken.

:mmm: If you weren't, it was the only time. You deafened me and I was stood on the row behind you. I had to stand there so that the barrier protected me from Bigfin's alcoholic stumblings. :drinking66:

sport8weds1302.jpg

THE FOLLOWING ISNT REAL AND INTENDED AS A JOKE.

Blitz to Corney: "ok simon, the bloke to my right is the new experienced striker that i told you about!"

Corney to Blitz " hadnt you better clear that with shez first mate?"

Blitz to corney " clear it? it was him who recommended him?" :grin:

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Bigfin, I have to tell you that you were as p***ed as a handcart BEFORE the game, never mind most of it. In fact, you didn't sound that sober when you rang me from the pub, so God knows how many you had between then and kick-off.

You should have seen him about half eleven later that night when we were trying to get a taxi!

I'll admit to being out of practise when it comes to drinking but I have been known to tuck a few away and I'm built to take them. BigFin however was out-supping me two pints to one. I think the pint of Scrumpy that London Dave bought him was the killer.

Mind you, it shows how out of it that I was when I was stood with BigFin and Mark during the game and never even realised that the two Simons were there until I was shown the photos later!