Shez comments in general

I am a Shez fan before anyone has a pop at me, however dont you think his press comments are getting a little annoying?

We need to be more ruthless?
- Dam right we are so why are we at the end of Feb and no new striker (wasnt this the main priority)

We wernt at the races and thats disappointing
- Thats about the third time in a month he has said that, maybe he needs to change the build up, or is it a case of its my way or no way?

I am not frightened to ring the changes
- Lets see it then? Taylor on the right Livermore on the left for a starter. Oh and we have no squad!!!

All out attack until the end of the season
- Three one nil away defeats on the bounce

Lomax is one of the better footballing players at the club
- Play him then?

Davies doesnt listen to what I tell him
I would not listen if you told the press some of the things he has said

Is he clutching at straws????? Does he know something we dont??????

Edited by Eddie_m'gurk

I am a Shez fan before anyone has a pop at me, however dont you think his press comments are getting a little annoying?

- Dam right we are so why are we at the end of Feb and no new striker (wasnt this the main priority)

- Thats about the third time in a month he has said that, maybe he needs to change the build up, or is it a case of its my way or no way?

- Lets see it then? Taylor on the right Livermore on the left for a starter. Oh and we have no squad!!!

- Three one nil away defeats on the bounce

- Play him then?

I would not listen if you told the press some of the things he has said

Is he clutching at straws????? Does he know something we dont??????

Agree with all the above comments!

All out attack my ar*e. Yoevil aside we have played three games since the all out attack was introduced..... Hardly tested Gillingham, dont think there was a save made against Bristol Rovers and then again on Saturday I dont think Brightons keeper touched the ball

Agree with all the above comments!

All out attack my ar*e. Yoevil aside we have played three games since the all out attack was introduced..... Hardly tested Gillingham, dont think there was a save made against Bristol Rovers and then again on Saturday I dont think Brightons keeper touched the ball

Think the fans would rather hear the truth sometimes. We wont get relegated this season, thats a result in my book. We have added some good individuals to the squad be we also lost some big players. Wellens for one wanted to stay, and aparrently wanted an extra £40k signing on fee, which Doncaster had offered. What a mistake that was, I honestly think Shez put all his eggs in the Killkenny basket and that has unrested the whole campaign IMHO (injuries aside, but everyone gets them)

Maybe Shez has asked the players to play a "all out attack" plan but the reality is we have big problems up front with the kids being thrown into the mix and we also have no playmaker after the loss of Wellens and his replacement KK. I think we are seeing just exactly what this squad is capable of at the moment and I do not really expect to see things improve much this season unless we do get some players in. Jarrett and Livermore are not players who will create or score goals in my opinion and that is what this team lacks in a big way.

Drphibes

Think the fans would rather hear the truth sometimes. We wont get relegated this season, thats a result in my book. We have added some good individuals to the squad be we also lost some big players. Wellens for one wanted to stay, and aparrently wanted an extra £40k signing on fee, which Doncaster had offered. What a mistake that was, I honestly think Shez put all his eggs in the Killkenny basket and that has unrested the whole campaign IMHO (injuries aside, but everyone gets them)

Agee 100% with all that.

We should definately have gone the extra yard to keep Wellens (as by all accounts he did want to stay) he is different class to Kilkenny and I'm sure with him we would be much nearer if not in a play-off spot right now.

leaving contracts to run out isnt very professional in my book

We'll be in the same boat come the summer. Pogs will leave, Macca is out of contract, so is Liddell and i'm sure a few of the younger lads are too. Added to the fact we have already lost Trotman and yet again there has to be wholesale changes out of necessity. The club increasingly seems to be operating on a wing and a prayer with its attitude towards transfers. People point to well we brought him in etc etc I say balls! We HAD to bring so and so in because we lost so and so. Two seasons on the trot we have had a depleted squad at the business end of the season, either through the board's refusal to back the manager whilst publicly stating otherwise, as others have said by setting up the boss to take the flak. Whether the happy clappers like it or not we are treading water at the moment. yes we've got a club, and we should be soooo grateful to TTA. Well let me tell the happy clappers summat, when I gave up my time during the summer of hell and stood in the pissing rain rattling buckets it was so the club could have a future. Stagnation in division 3 is no future. Ask Bournemouth, stagnation kills a club. Putting the eggs all in one basket regarding the new stadium is very risky. what if it becomes a white elephant, with facilities no one uses??? Get the product right on the pitch and everything else will follow, not the other way round. Leicester were successful playing in a dump so were other teams. The shiny new ground came after underpinning sucess on the field not the other way round, ask Oxford...........

We're no better on the field than we were under Ritchie FACT, mid table, win one, lose two, draw three win two etc... Going Nowhere fast!

Edited by oafcprozac

We'll be in the same boat come the summer. Pogs will leave, Macca is out of contract, so is Liddell and i'm sure a few of the younger lads are too. Added to the fact we have already lost Trotman and yet again there has to be wholesale changes out of necessity. The club increasingly seems to be operating on a wing and a prayer with its attitude towards transfers. People point to well we brought him in etc etc I say balls! We HAD to bring so and so in because we lost so and so. Two seasons on the trot we have had a depleted squad at the business end of the season, either through the board's refusal to back the manager whilst publicly stating otherwise, as others have said by setting up the boss to take the flak. Whether the happy clappers like it or not we are treading water at the moment. yes we've got a club, and we should be soooo grateful to TTA. Well let me tell the happy clappers summat, when I gave up my time during the summer of hell and stood in the pissing rain rattling buckets it was so the club could have a future. Stagnation in division 3 is no future. Ask Bournemouth, stagnation kills a club. Putting the eggs all in one basket regarding the new stadium is very risky. what if it becomes a white elephant, with facilities no one uses??? Get the product right on the pitch and everything else will follow, not the other way round. Leicester were successful playing in a dump so were other teams. The shiny new ground came after underpinning sucess on the field not the other way round, ask Oxford...........

We're no better on the field than we were under Ritchie FACT, mid table, win one, lose two, draw three win two etc... Going Nowhere fast!

Thank God some fans can still see the reality of our predicament.

First class, birllant, give that man a badge........

Was wondering how long before some came up with that line.

He's not lost the dressing room, he's never had it in my opinion. The same problem Ritchie had. The atmospehere is too informal. For one Cloughie would be turning in his grave. 'Stitch' or 'Shez' is no way to address the manager. It should be boss, gaffer, coach whatever even mein fricking Fuhrer, something has to distinguish the hierachy from the minions. The problem is he's been manager two years so you can't change your approach and it is this that will probbaly see Shez ultimately fail as much as I like the guy and want him to succeed he needs more experience around him.

Something that has been noted repeatedly. We used to go to big clubs and win (ie City) only to come back to BP and lose to some fellow strugglers before a silent crowd nearly ten years ago. On the pitch what's changed?

People claim the side is on the verge of being great (since when has third-tier football been great?), and progress is being made. Where's the progress in losing 1-0 to Brighton and seeing yet another season dwindle away to nothing well before the end? (Although the now familiar last-day-of-the-season-must-win-to-stay-up game is still a possibility; that might put a few thousand extra bums on seats.)

Edited by Corporal_Jones

Something that has been noted repeatedly. We used to go to big clubs and win (ie City) only to come back to BP and lose to some fellow strugglers before a silent crowd nearly ten years ago. On the pitch what's changed?

People claim the side is on the verge of being great (since when has third-tier football been great?), and progress is being made. Where's the progress in losing 1-0 to Brighton and seeing yet another season dwindle away to nothing well before the end? (Although the now familiar last-day-of-the-season-must-win-to-stay-up game is still a possibility; that might put a few thousand extra bums on seats.)

We won't go down, we'll get the 9 points we need or should do. Mr. Corney said this club would move forward this season, unfortunately the club seems to retreating into its shell with many questions being left unanswered.

We won't go down, we'll get the 9 points we need or should do. Mr. Corney said this club would move forward this season, unfortunately the club seems to retreating into its shell with many questions being left unanswered.

Haven't we supposedly been moving forward sine 2004? All we have to show for it is the same standard of football we had when Mr Brierley was in charge of the club and a paper stadium plan-which the hardcore fans, once again, had to go out and fight for.

Haven't we supposedly been moving forward sine 2004? All we have to show for it is the same standard of football we had when Mr Brierley was in charge of the club and a paper stadium plan-which the hardcore fans, once again, had to go out and fight for.

Something is happening behind closed doors thats for sure

The difference between Pogs, Liddel, and Macca being out of contract as opposed to Wellens and Porter being out of contract at the end of last season is that Pogs macca and liddel will find it difficult to get better than OAFC where as last year Porter and Wellens could and in the end did go on for better money. They both knew that if they waited this would happen which is why they refused to sign deals straight away knowing that they could potentially get better offers in the summer.

The stadium is a massive necessity this has to go through and as quickly and efficently as possible. I do not want to be able my season ticket next year for the lookers at all I hope I'm forced to choose a new seat in a new stand, otherwise we will have to hope and pray that someone is prepared to bank role our losses and TTA won't do that forever. On the football side alone we will not make enough money to survive we had a very good product on the pitch in 2002-03 yet how much did that nearly cost us off it.

This season we are no better on the pitch than we were under Ritchie you are sadly right there however and while we still threaten to play some good football here and there and could still make the play offs mid table mediocrity looks on the cards. However I like most will give shez the benefit of the doubt this year aslong as proper challenge is mounted next year. I can see the potential in this team and its manager. However I don't want to be sat here in 12 months watching a team which has some potential but is inconsistent and has no depth to it still sat in the lookers upper waiting for it to fall down.

Something is happening behind closed doors thats for sure

If Davies had kept his shot low in the first half and scored, we wouldn’t be hearing theories like that. What's happened in the last couple of days to make any of us think anything has changed at the club?

If Davies had kept his shot low in the first half and scored, we wouldn't be hearing theories like that. What's happened in the last couple of days to make any of us think anything has changed at the club?

Absolutely.

I stated a few weeks ago that I doubted we'd make the play-offs this year, purely because our squad is too thin. Now that Davies has been injured it's looking ever more wafer thin so to go down to a 0-1 defeat at Brighton isn't really surprising.

A striker was a top priority in the transfer window. We had TWO walk out on us right at the death so to say the club haven't been doing anything to get someone in is absurd. I feel Shez has to get someone through the door pretty sharpish though as putting all our faith in Lewis, Wolfy and Deano is far too big an ask.

You never know, we could have a Carlisle-type performance Tuesday and everyone's positive. My, this board is like a bleedin' see-saw.

A striker was a top priority in the transfer window. We had TWO walk out on us right at the death so to say the club haven't been doing anything to get someone in is absurd.

Yes we did, but those two smacked of panic signings. I, for one, had never heard of the young lad from Liverpool and certainly don't believe we should be playing another teams reserve players before our own.

As for Moore? Why on earth were we even contemplating signing him?? We literally kicked his father out of this club after he had not really done anything wrong. God knows what would have happened had he set foot on BP and not delivered the goods!!!! Probably yet another player leaving under a cloud with a nice pay-off!