with stefan out for a month

With Stefan Stam out for a month maybe we could approach P.N.E. and get Trotters back on loan for the remainder of the season, due to him not featuring in any game since he made the switch to Deepdale

always looking to the past, if hes not good enough for preston, what makes you think he is good enough for us? :wink::getmecoat:

it would apear so, unless your posts crossed and you didnt realise he was injured?

i didnt know he was injured to be fair, but its a running theme that eveyone wants to sign our former players back, i cant understand it.

for whats its worth, i cant see him playing regular for PNE this season anyway, the only reason we played him was because of injurys and fair enough he took his chance, but at the level above its a different ball a game, his passing is not good enough and he is not quick enough, good business selling him when we did.

wouldnt be suprised to see him at boundary park next season either for PNE or on loan to someone else

With Stefan Stam out for a month maybe we could approach P.N.E. and get Trotters back on loan for the remainder of the season, due to him not featuring in any game since he made the switch to Deepdale

When Trotman was sold to Preston the playoffs were realistically still very much on and we should have replaced him immediately with a covering centre back. Stam was always likely to get an injury and if he'd picked one up a month ago we'd have been in the brown stuff!!!

He could be ok to face Vale on Saturday

>>FISHUL<<

Don't think I'd like to rush him back and risk damaging it further though.

Edit...SW beat me to it. At least I put a link though :wink:

Edited by jorvik_latic

Guest oa_exile
Stammy could be fit for Saturday

Fishal site says he should be back in against Vale...

stam should be fit for saturday.

Think people might get the message!!!

^_^

Guest sheridans_world
stam should be fit for saturday.

Apparently, back in those days, the men who put the coal in the engines did 14 hour days, it was very hot down there in the engine room, some of them might have glad of the ice...

>>FISHUL<<

Don't think I'd like to rush him back and risk damaging it further though.

Edit...SW beat me to it. At least I put a link though :wink:

If Stam is to play on Saturday and risk further damage, and if Livermore stays, will Lomax still be the first name on the teamsheet as per the fishal site?

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1251245,00.html

Tonight's often wrong online Chron says:

"Sheridan has also promised Kelvin Lomax an extended run in the side after labelling him one of Athletic’s most intelligent footballers.

Lomax, who can play in either full-back position, has struggled to hold down a regular place, but he recently signed a long-term contract and will definitely start at Port Vale on Saturday.

The 21-year-old was a half-time substitute against Swindon this week, and Sheridan said: “Kelvin was a real plus point from the game.

“I need to give him a run in the team because he looks our most comfortable player on the ball and he has done for a while.

“It’s about time I found a place for him because I love him as a player – he was released from this club (by Ronnie Moore) and it was me who brought him back.

“He is a very intelligent footballer and, although he still has lots to learn, his weight of pass is the best at the club.

“I see weaknesses in his game, but he has done nothing wrong when he has played and it’s about time he got a regular spot.

“Kelvin might not be the only one to get his chance either. If it looks as though we aren’t going to reach the play-offs, I can experiment a bit, look at one or two others and see how different players cope.”

Will Shez keep his word about Lomax or give his bashers more amunition?