He had his clueless 15 year old down the municipal park head on tonight...

Absolutely. His worst game by a long way for us. Didn't want the ball, wimped out of every challenge and only got clattered by the keeper because he was trapped between two of their defenders. Just doesn't have a football brain whatsoever and doesn't know how to use the ball when he's got it.

Now on the right wing perhaps...

Edited by Frankly Mr Shankly

Would you like a hand with packing those bags for Taylor? I'm free from 6 until about 8pm.

NOCLU

I will pack 'em for him, you just need to take 'em to where ever it may be mate.

On tonights performance Nuneaton was the first thing thast popped into my head - no idea why though just a boringly named team for a boring player I suppose.

And for all the Taylor happy clappers that will get on my back for slating the waste of space again; explain why he didn't get sent off for another cowardly tackle - it was exactly the same thing he did against the Hudds defender in the FAC, late and over the ball. He should have seen red.

The sooner the fans take off the '...but he supports Latics' specs the better.

He is a very, very, very poor player.

KtF,

Derek.

To me he's a very frustrating player. He showed promise to start with, he shows glimpses of that promise in most games still, despite our poor form overall. But there are some games (like tonight) where he just appears to have forgotten to switch his brain on. When he's bad he's really bad.

Tend to agree on that tackle too - he was lucky with that.

I will pack 'em for him, you just need to take 'em to where ever it may be mate.

On tonights performance Nuneaton was the first thing thast popped into my head - no idea why though just a boringly named team for a boring player I suppose.

And for all the Taylor happy clappers that will get on my back for slating the waste of space again; explain why he didn't get sent off for another cowardly tackle - it was exactly the same thing he did against the Hudds defender in the FAC, late and over the ball. He should have seen red.

The sooner the fans take off the '...but he supports Latics' specs the better.

He is a very, very, very poor player.

KtF,

Derek.

Apologies for replying to myself.

He could always play on the right and be as equally sh ite there. I have said it before but will say it again.

30 odd years of watching the mighty and he is the most over rated player of all of our great white elephants.

KtF,

Derek.

But there are some games (like tonight) where he just appears to have forgotten to switch his brain on. When he's bad he's really bad.

Yeah, he just hasn't got anything up there *taps head* for me. I've started to watch his game more closely recently, since Derk went on his rant. His biggest negative is his anticipation of where other players are, and his unwillingness to really have a go at a full back. The lack of football brain does not neccesarily a bad player make, but recently his woeful first touch and pretty diabolical set pieces have been far more obvious.

Shez is part of the problem see. He's persisted to play this player in the wrong position for far to long now. He did a half-decent job when Charlton was behind him, who played the sensible ball and let Chris get on with his game. But in the summer we never replaced Charlton, nor brought in an orthodox leftie (Not of the red variety may I add) and THAT has cost us big time I feel. Taylor's just looked lost at sea all season apart from the odd sporodic spell every now and again.

The thread was a little tongue in cheek, because to get the best out of him you need to play him in his favoured position on his right foot. Port Vale wasn't the best example, but he had a better game and more importantly the whole team had more balance to it. We just forgot to defend properly that day.

Shez is part of the problem see. He's persisted to play this player in the wrong position for far to long now. He did a half-decent job when Charlton was behind him......

The thread was a little tongue in cheek, because to get the best out of him you need to play him in his favoured position on his right foot. Port Vale wasn't the best example, but he had a better game and more importantly the whole team had more balance to it. We just forgot to defend properly that day.

Absolutely spot on with the comments I've snipped there...he'd need a few games on the right to get back into that position. Also, he put in the best cross I've seen for years at Vale in the first half but nobody was there to connect. It took out 2 defenders and needed a tap in at the far post but nobody was there and their lad put it out for a corner.

As for tonight, had there been a winger on the other side for their defence to have equal concern over (like Smalley) then we'dve had some balance and maybe some more space for Taylor on the left. It's been an obvious problem all season but Shez goes back to Septembers fitting in players in the middle. Instead, we just looked more lob-sided than Stephen Hawkings face!

Edited by boundaryblue80

Apologies for replying to myself.

He could always play on the right and be as equally sh ite there. I have said it before but will say it again.

30 odd years of watching the mighty and he is the most over rated player of all of our great white elephants.

KtF,

Derek.

Does MOST over rated mean then " a first good full season full of promise - yet managers/defenders smarten up on him in the second season, therefore making it tougher for him to have the same impact?" oh and "doing this whilst playing on his least natural side?"

Cracking player, gives 110% every match, puts defences on back foot, NOT A LEFT WINGER!!! Got skill, gets into great positions but always crossing on his weaker left foot - NOT HIS NATURAL FOOT!! Why not play someone else who aint left footed on the left, make them look a fish out of water instead of Chrissy T. So gutted when he just missed last night. TAAAYLOR, TAAAYLOR!!!

Cracking player, gives 110% every match, puts defences on back foot, NOT A LEFT WINGER!!! Got skill, gets into great positions but always crossing on his weaker left foot - NOT HIS NATURAL FOOT!! Why not play someone else who aint left footed on the left, make them look a fish out of water instead of Chrissy T. So gutted when he just missed last night. TAAAYLOR, TAAAYLOR!!!

Occasionally frustrating, no doubt about it. At one point last night though, Taylor took the ball into the mainstand / chaddy end corner, drew FOUR oppos to him and still got the ball across a goal area packed with Latics players who couldn't capitalise on a dearth of defenders.

Teams regularly stick two players on him - that surely shows they consider him a danger.

Maybe if Shez stopped yelling at him and playing him out of position he might improve his confidence and ability.

Two belting crosses from CT last night could easily have led to goals if 'Zebedee' Constantine had manage to spring more than an inch off the turf.

Should have been off the park by that time Leezy. Defo red card offence. Again.

Whilst not agreeing to tackles of that nature, apart from Allott do we really have anyone else putting their foot in aggressively enough - i think not.

Sadly lacking one or two 'nasty'/tough guys and leaders to have ever been considered play off material.

Good young kids, but a couple of players with a bit of nastiness and definite leaders are needed at the moment imo.

Taylor does need to go the andy holden school of tackling though!

Edited by futchers briefs

Taylor has not got skill - FACT! He has no tricks at all. Derek has summed him up pretty well really and is one of the most over-rated players i've seen. Also why the hell Stam has hero status i don't know, he's our weak link in defence, utter gash!

Taylor is the standard of player I want to see on our subs bench, not constantly making our first team. He's still young, got a lot to learn and yes he does wimp out a lot, but he has his moments where he can create something, sadly these moments are becoming rarer, we should be looking to bring someone better in and Taylor should be playing from the bench.

i have never liked Taylor on the left and dont see wot shez sees by playing him there - he is more effective on the right and seeing as we only played with one winger he might as well have played there, alas he didnt and Tayor yet again was ineffective in that position so for me is a waste of a shirt whilst playing there.

Shez needs to try something diff for sat and that is one change he needs to make

Team for saturday (if all fit) crossley rb:eardley lb:lomax cb:hazell and stam mid:mcdonald,allott,jarrett,livermore f:constantine,alessandra

subs: usual but with taylor to come off the bench and make an impact instead of plodding through another 90mins not delivering anything - i honestly believe at the moment he needs "a rest" and maybe a place on the bench will be just the " kick up the ass" required.

I can see the argument for using Taylor in a different position and/or altering the shape of the team, and for resting him – but to argue that he is simply no use is bordering on the idiotic, and to me points towards the pathological need some people have to have a hate figure to obsess about. The football we played in the middle half of last season was IMO the best we’ve seen for a decade. That run of form coincided nicely with CT becoming a regular. He was often the outstanding player in some of our finest displays. Since then the team as a whole has struggled to find consistency and Taylor is one of many whose form has struggled. Why does it have to be anything more than that? Perhaps it’s because he is an Oldham fan. Because of that it’s a more eyecatching position to take saying that he can’t play football and needs to be shipped out, it’s certainly a better way of getting attention than constantly slagging off McDonald, Stam, Smalley, Davies etc etc etc.