Hughes and The big G not playing for the reserves....

Don't know if its been mentioned in the midst of another thread... but I see Hughes and The big G didnt play yesterday... and of course the official line is that they needed more time.... its been well reorted that they have both been in full training for a little while now.... so could it be possible that they werent risked in the reserve match as they are straight into the team for saturday???

Wouldnt surprise me in the slightest - even without match practice theya re a class above what was on the pitch for the past few games.... if so.. bring on the bin-dippers!!

Love this picture - and its exactly what we have been missing - Ferrie Bodde?? Hardest player in the league - nah way, welcome to Big G country!

010337356530700mu3.th.jpg

i think it's easy to forget that we have so many 'big game' players missing at the moment!

although it must be said that the 'defensive department' has IMO been doing a sterling job under the circumstances, and we could even put Trotters sale down to this too...(in respect that we may have not swelled the coffers otherwise!)

personally as much as i would reish the two of them being back on saturday...... you have either blown the secret for sat'day or they are simply not ready.... i hope it's the former!!!!!

we'll obviously have to wait and see!!!

When he got injured i thought it was a blessing in disgiuse, especially with the emergence of Trotters but we have seriously missed Greegs. I also think we've missed Lidds as well. We don't have anyone in the side who can deliver a ball like he can, worth a goal every other game. Bring back the old guard!

When he got injured i thought it was a blessing in disgiuse, especially with the emergence of Trotters but we have seriously missed Greegs. I also think we've missed Lidds as well. We don't have anyone in the side who can deliver a ball like he can, worth a goal every other game. Bring back the old guard!

so if these rumours are true then,whos going to be dropped to accomodate the unfit(match wise) big g????

so if these rumours are true then,whos going to be dropped to accomodate the unfit(match wise) big g????

I was thinking along the lines of now this season is pretty much over, Sheridan feels like it isnt woirth rushing players back incase they get a long term problem that could be more serious and even push them behind schedule for the start of next season...

I was thinking along the lines of now this season is pretty much over, Sheridan feels like it isnt woirth rushing players back incase they get a long term problem that could be more serious and even push them behind schedule for the start of next season...

dont be silly,were chasing the playoffs!!!

Hmmmm.. let me see, we have the possibly unfit and inconsistent Stefan Stam, or the Rock Solid player of the season contender Reuben Hazell...

I just dont know... will have to leave it to Shez's wisdom...

The Stam Man.

ok so stam man is prone to the odd blunder,but he is just as likely to put in a tackle to keep us in it also.and he is match fit,were the big g isnt,not played since october as he,with no reserve action to get him sharp.

big mistake imo,could just as easily aggravate the injury then keep him out even longer

ok so stam man is prone to the odd blunder,but he is just as likely to put in a tackle to keep us in it also.and he is match fit,were the big g isnt,not played since october as he,with no reserve action to get him sharp.

big mistake imo,could just as easily aggravate the injury then keep him out even longer

Tough one really. Stam hasn't been playing well really but an unfit Gregan and the potential for him to be out for longer if he aggravates it doesn't sound to apealing either.

Only one man can decide...

In Shez we trust.

:pray:

That was my take on it too...

Hughes is out for atleast another 2 weeks and Gregan's been told to wait another week before playing a game.

Hughes suffers injury setback

LEE HUGHES: Suffered a recurrence of a groin injury.

by TONY BUGBY

ATHLETIC have been dealt a new injury blow with striker Lee Hughes forced to delay his return.

Hughes, who has been ruled out of the last eight matches with a groin strain, had been earmarked for a return in yesterday’s reserve-team match at Huddersfield Town.

But after tweaking the same injury in training on Monday, it is feared Hughes could be out for a further fortnight.

It is the second piece of bad news of the week concerning a striker after on-loan Jordan Robertson damaged ankle ligaments in Tuesday’s home defeat by Hartlepool United.

Robertson, who could be out for six weeks, has returned to Sheffield United, but effectively remains an Athletic player for the next three weeks until his temporary move expires.

And David Livermore, another on-loan player, is also facing a spell on the sidelines with a groin strain.

Livermore had been playing with an injury, but was forced to concede defeat after last Saturday’s 3-0 win at Port Vale. He is likely to be out for 10 days.

Sean Gregan, out since October with an Achilles injury, has also been forced to delay his return.

The defender had been due to play in the reserves yesterday, but after visiting his consultant he was told to have a further week’s rehabilitation before returning.

Gregan is now pencilled in for next Wednesday’s reserve-team match against Walsall at Boundary Park.

But there is some cheer on the injury front as John Thompson and J P Kalala both played a full 90 minutes yesterday for the reserves on their return from injury.

Thompson, who has had knee surgery, last played in the FA Cup win at Everton while Kalala has been missing for the last month with knee and ankle injuries.

Athletic’s reserve-team game at Huddersfield yesterday ended in a goalless draw after a dour encounter.