Another example of 'fan friendly oldham athletic'. 10 mins before half time i left my seat in the upper section of the new start mortgages to go for a coffee. I went down the steps and through the door into the kiosk room. As i walked throught the door a 'steward' told me to turn around as i couldnt use this door and i had to walk uo the steps back accross the front of the stand down the steps and through the doors opposite me, even though i was actually stood in the room!! The steward acted as if i was about to trespass onto the pitch. We go to every game, most away they should be showing a bit of appreciatoin to the the fans that turned up tonight not treating us like petty criminals.

You mean you couldn't go thro the "lower" section room? They have to keep them to upper or lower due to ground health and safety regs to control numbers. Ridiculous, but not down to latics.

They've let me through a few times when going to see my kids in the boundary blues though, but I've never been bothered when they've asked me to walk up and round.

Hardly a marathon.

The stewards in general at Oldham are shocking and power mad. Was there any need for the amount of stewards there tonight? The one in the purple jacket who 'organises' the stewards is the most OTT steward I've seen. When Eardley's shot which hit the post he came over to one of the ethnic stewards and b*llocked him for not standing up when the crowd raises - What is that guy on? 2-0 up against a team who are pretty much down and yet they still organise them to stop people running on the pitch! Sorry but I hate stewards with passion..

The stewards in general at Oldham are shocking and power mad. Was there any need for the amount of stewards there tonight? The one in the purple jacket who 'organises' the stewards is the most OTT steward I've seen. When Eardley's shot which hit the post he came over to one of the ethnic stewards and b*llocked him for not standing up when the crowd raises - What is that guy on? 2-0 up against a team who are pretty much down and yet they still organise them to stop people running on the pitch! Sorry but I hate stewards with passion..

The stewards often cause more trouble than they solve. A few weeks ago, my daughter's friend was ejected from the Chaddy for smoking! The lad has never smoked a cigarette in his life but because someone threw a fag and it landed at his feet, he was unceromoniously ejected despite his protests!

The stewards often cause more trouble than they solve. A few weeks ago, my daughter's friend was ejected from the Chaddy for smoking! The lad has never smoked a cigarette in his life but because someone threw a fag and it landed at his feet, he was unceromoniously ejected despite his protests!

When you see the amount they get fined if they're caught allowing people to smoke you can understand their apprehension.

Not saying kicking this lad out was right, just pointing out there are always two sides to a story.

Another example of 'fan friendly oldham athletic'. 10 mins before half time i left my seat in the upper section of the new start mortgages to go for a coffee. I went down the steps and through the door into the kiosk room. As i walked throught the door a 'steward' told me to turn around as i couldnt use this door and i had to walk uo the steps back accross the front of the stand down the steps and through the doors opposite me, even though i was actually stood in the room!! The steward acted as if i was about to trespass onto the pitch. We go to every game, most away they should be showing a bit of appreciatoin to the the fans that turned up tonight not treating us like petty criminals.

I have always used the toilets next to the boundary blues room even though i sit in the lower paddock of the lookers. However saturday was the first time in years i have been refused entrance to the toilets in case i sneaked upstairs.....i was therefore told to go back outside walk all the way down the front to use the toilets for the lookers lower. Suppose they are doing their job but i was bloody bursting!

The point about stewards not acting sensibly is well made. But to turn that into some form of sarcastic criticism of the club as a whole - "another example of fan friendly Oldham Athletic" is unnecessary and inaccurate.

Yes the club makes mistakes but it has a good record of listening to, and responding to, its supporters. There's a constant dialogue with Alan Hardy, Gordon Lawton, Stu Vose , Barry Owen, and TTA. It is a friendly club, it does appreciate the supporters and it is one of the better communicators in the league. As an example of this check out our website compared with most others in this division. More news, more explanation, more updates.

Stewarding is varaiable to say the least at grounds - and maybe some of the Latics won't win steward of the year. Let the club know in a constructive manner and there's a chance it will improve.

p.s. Going for a coffee ten mins before HT? Miss a few goals if you do that every match!

Edited by LaticsPete

I think that's a bit unfair Kev. I don't think they are shocking - a bit over zealous occasionally but not bad in general.

If you want to see power mad stewards try Forest, Tranmere, Walsall and Scunthorpe.

When you see the amount they get fined if they're caught allowing people to smoke you can understand their apprehension.

Not saying kicking this lad out was right, just pointing out there are always two sides to a story.

I little more investigation before ejecting this lad would have been better, no just throw him out because they think he had been smoking. This country still operates the policy of "Innocent until proven guilty".

The stewards are way OTT but I blame that on the club using outside contractors to do the job.

I think that's a bit unfair Kev. I don't think they are shocking - a bit over zealous occasionally but not bad in general.

If you want to see power mad stewards try Forest, Tranmere, Walsall and Scunthorpe.

You can add Hartlepool to that list as well

You can add Hartlepool to that list as well

I don't know, I invented new swear words at Hartlepool and they didn't seem to mind.

Not really had too many problems with stewards. If you simply do as they tell you to they tend not to throw you out straight off, unless you are doing something totally stupid.

NB. "someone threw a fag and it landed at his feet" - yes and them nine and a half boxes of Marlborough Lights I took home as a lad were being kept for a friend and not my own which I'd bought off a Polish bloke in the pub.

Walsall a number of years ago. A couple of lads on the front row stood up very briefly once or twice. The BIG steward had a word with them and after 10 min or so the lads stood up, again very briefly, for a Latics corner. The BIG steward then deliberatly stood directly infront of them for a good 15 minutes deliberately blocking any view they had. The lads protested in a reasonable (non swearing) manner and eventually stood up again to view the game. If I remember correctly I THINK they were kicked out.

Someone mentioned Tranmere above as over zealous i would add they seemed pretty friendly this year and let us stand up all game - a breath of fresh air and as a result im sure a better atmosphere and good night all round (the 96th minute winner may have helped too:)