Car Break-in

Have been parking for ages on the unmade steep road behind the hospital near B&Q--last night drivers side window was smashed with a brick and items taken from inside--at least one other car was done too--anyone heard of this happening there before--would police be interested--am desperate to try and get an inexpensive digital camera back as it had family holiday photos in it--help anyone???

Have been parking for ages on the unmade steep road behind the hospital near B&Q--last night drivers side window was smashed with a brick and items taken from inside--at least one other car was done too--anyone heard of this happening there before--would police be interested--am desperate to try and get an inexpensive digital camera back as it had family holiday photos in it--help anyone???

Yeah it was quite a common thing a couple of seasons back, we had our car totally smashed up to the point that we couldn't drive it home. It happened to a few people that I know of. At the time when we returned a big group of local residents were stood in the park watching and found it quite amusing.

The police took the report but nothing ever came of it, except a big insurance bill.

Unfortunately you have a near 0% chance of getting your kit back.

yeah mine got done the night we played swindon a week before port vale on a tuesday night

smashed my O/S Glass and took everything.....

just contact the police thats all i done

just go back on B&Q thats what ive done

good luck mate....

I know this isn't what you want to hear, and I'm really sorry your car got turned over... but, it's not expensive to have more than one memory card. Once you've taken a set of pictures swap it out for a blank card until you have the time to take the photo's off onto your PC.

I know it can be a pain, but there really is no other way of protecting the only priceless thing in your car.

Good luck getting them back, but I'm sorry to say I don't expect you to.

The only possible reason to inform the police is to get a crime number for your insurance claim.

also dont leave items on display in your car, even a coat on the back seat , they will wonder whats underneath it. put it all in the boot or glovebox.

I remember the run of break-ins down there too. A mate's car also got 'done' on Godson Street off Rochdale Road a few years back. Now I always park on the club car park. Not 'thief proof' I know but very rarely hear of any probs on there. £3 well spent I think.

Edited by danoafc

Sorry Latics59, and no it's very very common and a complete bug bear I've had for years. You'll have next to zero chance of gettin your gear back nor will the police even try to solve the crime until they catch a car theif red handed and ask them to take the rap for yours too. Hence higher detection rates and unsolved crimes off the book. Never never park your car higher up that dirt track road beyond the mound in the middle of it, nor on the tarmaced road before the houses, it's every week a car in that area is done.

The FA Cup match against Hudds the dirt track was full to near the top, so I park down the bottom at the side of the terraced houses for safety reasons. Trouble was OMBC then gave me a parking ticket for my good sense. Not on double yellows nor does cars parked there cause an obstruction to other vehicles and most importantly the emergency services, but just a good way of raising cash! I paid it obviously, no point tryin to fight it however, I did insert a letter asking how come they can patrol sticking parking tickets yet not more than 50 metres up the very same road 3 cars were broken into and see nothing!! Yes youre right I've not had a reply. I further added this isn't a one off incident it's every :censored:ing home match, totally pisses me off.

Anyway, don't even bother getting mad about it mate, easy said I know, but you'll get nowhere fast.

Years ago when we played QPR was stolen from there, 3 days later it was found near bluecoat school and by the time I got there it had been nicked again, I then got an arsey call from the police saying my car had been blocking the drive of someones house in Shaw for days, I pointed out that I didn't want my car to be stolen, when picked up the car in the garage give the technical term " its f****d " and I had to scrap it.

Absolute scum bags but they know that you will be at the game and are free to rob at will, it is obviously a crime hotspot and would be a nice touch if the police had a walk down there every game, I don't think there was any danger of the 71 Bournemouth fans rioting.

Horlicks...come on Police patrol where they know cars are targetted? behave yourself! besides they might not like the flack they recieve off the local community for prejudice targetting. Yes before you PC Brigade jump all over me whites rob and steal cars too.

Yeah it was quite a common thing a couple of seasons back, we had our car totally smashed up to the point that we couldn't drive it home. It happened to a few people that I know of. At the time when we returned a big group of local residents were stood in the park watching and found it quite amusing.

Interesting you should mention local residents AMO.

For a few weeks now, local residents have been deliberately blocking in cars parked on the dirt track that runs across the far ends of Colville Rd and Kenwood Rd.

At kick off time they park their cars in formation so as to make life tough for people parking there, and leave them there until hours after the game.

I have always risked parking there, and have always been able to get out one way or another, but last night they blocked both ends with a pick-up and a banger, and blocked the backings between the two streets with a transit. Fortunately my driving was better than their blocking and I managed to squeeze out and allow others to do the same.

These people buy homes near football grounds and then see their arse when people park nearby on matchdays. I have even had people telling me I have no right to park in front of the houses on Kenwood Rd (For the record - my road tax allows me to do exactly that as long as I am not obstructing emergency vehicles or public clearways).

I have no doubt that local residents have been deliberately targeting supporters cars for some time now, and I do have sympathy with their frustrations when they can't park outside their own houses sometimes, but now they are in danger of retaliation from the people who park on waste land (I'll be bringing a can of Nitromors paint stripper" was one of the comments from those who were blocked in last night), and that's when it will get silly.

Let's hope the new stadium plans allow for adequate parking and easy access to the car parks.

If that were my car that got done over I would park there again with a few mates in other vehicles and sit waiting for them to show.

Can't rely on the police to get your camera back.

Latics59 call in B&Q and buy yourself a Justice stick and wait and see who turns up.

:dead:

Edited by KYLEOAFC

Yeah mine was done last night too. My car was not even searched it just had both windows smashed and the door bashed in. Ive never had any problems parking there before.

Not happy. :disappointed:

Thats more or less the same as what happened to ours, except the smack the windscreen so it "webbed" which meant we couldn't drive it.

Headlights Smashed

Bonnet Dinted

Both Side Windows Smashed

Windscreen Smashed.