embarrasement

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

try and tell me different then be positive how many have we won back to back this season thats why we shouldnt kid ourselves

Afraid Shez's lack of signing is proving our downfall AGAIN.

Just like last year.

Can't keep making excuses for Shez as this year he has had money to spend and he ain't bought 5p worth of toffee ??????

Should not be arriving at this stage of the season without decent keeper cov

Has Hazell been sent off for a professional foul? If so, the resulting pen and going 2-0 down is hardly the fault of the keeper or the fault of the manager either.

Its gonna have to be one hell of a pep talk at half time if we're gonna get enything out of this game.

Sods law we'll beat Doncaster away!

KTF

Edited by 3 Lions

Has Hazell been sent off for a professional foul? If so, the resulting pen and going 2-0 down is hardly the fault of the keeper or the fault of the manager either.

KTF

It's not the 'keepers fault. He's hardly an experienced pro and he's been thrown in the deep end. I would rather we threw Josh Bell in than some other team's rookie. But then, Sheridan would have got slated anyway!

He really should have been making inroads into the situation as soon as the club knew Pogs was leaving.

We really are having rotten luck, but glad it's now when we are (hopefully) safe from the drop.

Look at the injury list and get real. Fools.

Thats exactly why he should have signed some players in Jan to cover for these eventualities???

The same thing happened last year when Porter and wellens were injured. I know we have had some bad luck re injuries but thats not an excuse.

To only be able to name 4 subs for a club like us is embarrassing.

It's not the 'keepers fault. He's hardly an experienced pro and he's been thrown in the deep end. I would rather we threw Josh Bell in than some other team's rookie. But then, Sheridan would have got slated anyway!

He really should have been making inroads into the situation as soon as the club knew Pogs was leaving.

We really are having rotten luck, but glad it's now when we are (hopefully) safe from the drop.

Whats worrying is that even before Hazel was sent off we were 1-0 down and being outplayed by a team who have W 0 - D3 - L12 of the last 15 games.

We were very very liucky in last away game at vale because we were outplayed there by the worst side in the league and 3-0 more than flattered us.

What's worrying is that the injury crisis goes down through the levels from 1st team to youth level. The loss of the physios can only be hampering the progress of recovery to injured players!

That is unacceptable and should have been the club's priority issue. How can you fix something without the tools to fix it with?

Shez doesn't have any contacts whatsoever other than some drinking buddies at his former clubs Weds and Leeds. Not having keeper cover is simply unacceptable.

Maybe the targets he went after just didnt want to come? I dont know ... we cant really comment as im guessing no-one is in his office everyday and watching what he does. For all we know maybe he was on the phone day in day out trying to get cover ... maybe he was told hang on lets just give it a week ... maybe he was sat on his bum and did nothing ... nobody knows.

Thats exactly why he should have signed some players in Jan to cover for these eventualities???

The same thing happened last year when Porter and wellens were injured. I know we have had some bad luck re injuries but thats not an excuse.

To only be able to name 4 subs for a club like us is embarrassing.

We should sign players to cover for these eventualities?? Ha! That is well out of our budget. Unless we were to slash the standard of player and have a squad of 35 conference standard players. Would that appease you? Or would you question Sheridans management? No squad should be able to cope with our injury list - the resources in every case would be better used improving the quality of player/first team.

We, and Shez, have to operate within our means (or beyond them in our case!) which is what we do. Signing a player or two in january would hardly help today (and we have signed a couple/few since anyway!!) so like I said, get real.

We should sign players to cover for these eventualities?? Ha! That is well out of our budget. Unless we were to slash the standard of player and have a squad of 35 conference standard players. Would that appease you? Or would you question Sheridans management? No squad should be able to cope with our injury list - the resources in every case would be better used improving the quality of player/first team.

We, and Shez, have to operate within our means (or beyond them in our case!) which is what we do. Signing a player or two in january would hardly help today (and we have signed a couple/few since anyway!!) so like I said, get real.

Sorry but if you think that playing a season on the back of Two crocked keepers and a youth player who you wont play even when your main keeper is struggling to stand, then I say you need to get real! Shez's transfer activity has been bad this season and I really do struggle to see how anyone can stand up and say he has done bugger all wrong.

Drphibes

Sorry but if you think that playing a season on the back of Two crocked keepers and a youth player who you wont play even when your main keeper is struggling to stand, then I say you need to get real! Shez's transfer activity has been bad this season and I really do struggle to see how anyone can stand up and say he has done bugger all wrong.

Drphibes

So you knew at the start of the season this was going to happen? No-one was moaning about the keeper situation afew weeks ago .. you werent saying having those two was bad ... yes were in dire straights but im sure Shez hasnt just sat on his hands since Pog has left. With what 10 games left maybe those in charge of the budget wanted him to hold fire and play it by ear .. perhaps no-one really wanted to come to our massive club and only play second fiddle to MC, ever think of that???? I mean lets say he identified a target ... why would you leave the club your at for us, at the time we only needed a back-up keeper and theres not many around wholl just come to sit on the bench.

Edited by kellys_discopants

exactly what i was about to post kellys..a few weeks back we had problems with injuries in midfield and up front so we had to sort that out..youre always going to take more of a risk with your keepers (for example teams not having one on the bench) but we just dont have the budget to cover roughly 20 injured players