Did people really think we would beat luton....

Well more fool you....

We have not got the consistancy to go up this season. But we are a good young side and IF (and its a big if) we can old on to these good youngesters and add to the sqaud next term then I see no reason why we cant go for it.

Alot of doom and gloom merchants on here making mountains out of mole hills. I fully expected us to get beat by Luton and I am surprised so many didnt. But for people to be once again attacking the manager, coaching staff and players again then I find that sad. These doom and gloom merchants have been slient over the last two games sliently sharpenning their swords......need to take a look at yourselfs guys....

Of course after such a poor result against such a poor side you'll get critical posts and feelings, however that performance was totally unacceptable from a professional outfit. Far too many passengers without apparent heart or passion. Quite indicative of the season to date and going off the crowd numbers trend one or two likewise performances to many for many. Beware when the public vote with their feet it's usually an indication to take your head out the sand!

Well more fool you....

We have not got the consistancy to go up this season. But we are a good young side and IF (and its a big if) we can old on to these good youngesters and add to the sqaud next term then I see no reason why we cant go for it.

Alot of doom and gloom merchants on here making mountains out of mole hills. I fully expected us to get beat by Luton and I am surprised so many didnt. But for people to be once again attacking the manager, coaching staff and players again then I find that sad. These doom and gloom merchants have been slient over the last two games sliently sharpenning their swords......need to take a look at yourselfs guys....

My previous post about the coaching staff was not a criticism, I just think they need a little help for a more experienced body

Well more fool you....

I think we will be seeing more transfer movement in the summer especially after the defeat at Luton. Shez stated on the official site that some players had no desire and they knew that they would get picked for the team due to the injuries we have.

Drphibes

Well more fool you....

I thought a draw was possible before the game but it seems a large percentage of the team showed no desire to win.

Drphibes

I thought a draw was possible before the game but it seems a large percentage of the team showed no desire to win.

Drphibes

after our recent wins i fully expected to go to luton and get at least a draw.after all we are pushing the playoff spots,and these are the games you need to get something from if you have any hope of getting in the mix come may.

its funny how people were not posting"we will lose at luton" all week,hindsight is a wonderfull thing,but anybody can come on here after the fact and say "i knew we would get beat"

the thing is shez has again come out and stated we have no depth in squad with people kjnow they will play come rain or shine.....for me that just sums up his naivety as a manager,as he has had perfect oppertunitys to strenghen and give us depth in squad that we need,yet he has dithered around until the situation is intolereable with injuries before doing something.

as soon as pogs was packed off a suitable back up should of been found,instead of waiting until crossley got injured and drafting in a youngster with no real experience.

i wouldnt class myself as a doom or gloom merchant,nor a happy clappy either,but if we the fans can see the problems cleary and plainly,why cant the managment team???

I think we will be seeing more transfer movement in the summer especially after the defeat at Luton. Shez stated on the official site that some players had no desire and they knew that they would get picked for the team due to the injuries we have.

Drphibes

I'm not sure that we will.

TTA will start spending their hard-earned on the ground redevelopment in the summer so it would not surprise me if transfer funds remain limited. I'd be surprised to see wholesale changes in the squad in the summer, rather worrying considering our mediocre season to date.

Well more fool you....

Oh thats alright then.

Well more fool you....

I thought we'd get at least a point against Luton, injuries or no. That's what you're supposed to do to relegation fodder. They were 15 games without a win. Am amazed you "fully expected us to get beat".

More fool me, I suppose.

I thought we'd get at least a point against Luton, injuries or no. That's what you're supposed to do to relegation fodder. They were 15 games without a win. Am amazed you "fully expected us to get beat".

More fool me, I suppose.

yeah more fool you and more fool ed and more fool the bloody lot of you.....

We are a young side missing big players....one week we will kill teams the next we will struggle......thats what happens to teams like us....

ooohh sod it....the average football fan as a IQ of about 5 and alot are proving that on here......

Were a team in transition....we have had a GOOD season....we have beat some good teams, went on a fantastic away run and had a good cup run and to cap it all we have a resonable shot at the play offs!!!!.....half you lot act like where bottom of the table fighting for our lives!!!!

Edited by oafc0000

its funny how people were not posting"we will lose at luton" all week,hindsight is a wonderfull thing,but anybody can come on here after the fact and say "i knew we would get beat"

Who the hell is going to come on here saying we will get beat ?? Thats just plain being negative and gives u naff all to look forward to....

But if you claim to know anything about ticking that box next Oldham on your coupon would only have been doing by the very rich or the very stupid....

Young team, just won two on the trot, havent won more than two in a row all season playing a decent side a long way away = probably lost....

I think we all pritty much know by now we dont have the consitancy to go up.....but this is a good young team managed by a good manager 3 points off the play offs....pitty are fans cant give the management team and players space to grow and wait for next season......

Edited by oafc0000

More fool me, I suppose.

Just expected some fight for the shirt

There was nothing in that performance :angry:

I totally agree with oafc0000, before the start of the season i'd would have been more than happy with our currnet position. Hopefully if we can keep our few big guns (hughesy, gregan etc) for next season and the youth continue to shine we can be the front runners for 2008/9, i'd rather us hold our own than get battered every week in the championship next season. Chins up!!!!!

Who the hell is going to come on here saying we will get beat ?? Thats just plain being negative and gives u naff all to look forward to....

But if you claim to know anything about ticking that box next Oldham on your coupon would only have been doing by the very rich or the very stupid....

Young team, just won two on the trot, havent won more than two in a row all season playing a decent side a long way away = probably lost....

I think we all pritty much know by now we dont have the consitancy to go up.....but this is a good young team managed by a good manager 3 points off the play offs....pitty are fans cant give the management team and players space to grow and wait for next season......

Well more fool you....

For one reason or another, I haven't been on this site for a while. However, I honestly believed we would beat a poor Luton side....Until I heard those fateful words..."Luton haven't won a game under new Manager, Mick Harford..." and irrespective of our form going into the game, that alone guaranteed the defeat as we ALWAYS seem to lose to shyte teams who haven't won in an eternity.

I also nipped into the Live Chat room yesterday and no word of a lie, some prat stated that they had predicted we would lose 3-0 and have 2 players sent off! This was just as we had gone 2-0 down and Hazell sent off. How someone can even consider such a prediction for their own side is extremely bizarre, maybe predict a defeat but to predict our own players to be sent off is just absurd.

Another fan also declared that Luton's penalty was Karma for the fact we had been given 3 (genuine, nailed on) pens in our last 2 games. FFS, with fans like these 2 its not a case of beating the opposition on the pitch but changing such negative opinions of their own team!!!

And as for changing the manager/coaching staff, forget it. Shez is doing a fantastic job with virtually both hands tied behind his back. We just need to put Saturday's result to the history books and move on. The kids in the side will learn from such a game/display/result and it can only make them stronger in the long term.

yeah more fool you and more fool ed and more fool the bloody lot of you.....

We are a young side missing big players....one week we will kill teams the next we will struggle......thats what happens to teams like us....

ooohh sod it....the average football fan as a IQ of about 5 and alot are proving that on here......

Were a team in transition....we have had a GOOD season....we have beat some good teams, went on a fantastic away run and had a good cup run and to cap it all we have a resonable shot at the play offs!!!!.....half you lot act like where bottom of the table fighting for our lives!!!!

You seem to miss the point that many on here are not slating the kids but are questioning why the hell we have not made moves to get at least 5 bloody players on the bench come match day. The kids have done well in my mind, yes Smalley got the bird from some and that was harsh but fans of oafc who have IQ'S of 5 want to know why we have messed about and not used the loan market more. Funds are on the tight side but I am sure we can find some players to come and join our squad and do a better job than the bloody invisible man who has occupied the fifth place on the bench for the last Two games. Also let us not forget that Shez does not want to play Bell so what is going to happen next week against Millwall ? I take it we should be more than happy to play the young lad from Sheff and not bother that we have another young keeper of our own who the manager does not want to play even in emergencies ? I for one agree that with all the injuries we have had over the past few months we have indeed done well to find ourselves still in with a shout of the playoffs but dont try and kid us all that everything that has happened this year has been spot on because it has not.

Drphibes

how can it be negativity,its called being realistic.

so why didnt you come out on wednesday and say"we will lose to luton" instead of coming on here after the game and saying i knew we would lose.

luton have been in terribnle form all season,and after winning two on the bounce confidence should have been sky high,so yes,i fully expected at the very least a draw.

nothing wrong with our kids this season,they are young and eager,and have proved once again that they can step up to the plate when they are required to.

the way your looking at it is your not thinking the team is capable of winning more than 2 on the bounce,which is negative in itsself.

who said anything about not giving shez and the young players time???,the reason people are fed up is because the squad is paper thin,with no activity happening until something goes wrong.and that is down to the manager and his team,you cant come out and say you have funds for players,then dont spend it or bring loans in then come out and say the squad depth isnt good,we will always struggle and there is no competition for placves,and expect people to stay silent.

Even if you expected us to get beat did you expect us to bet battered for 90mins and hardly put an effort in?

Luton is a long way to go for that pathetic effort.

The manager needs to look at himself and question if he could have done anything more to bring in players. IM guessin he could have.

Some of the players need to look at themselves and question how long they will be at this club because lack off effort is rife.

The fans need to stay positive because it isnt over yet. However the problem does not lie with the fans!

The manager needs to look at himself and question if he could have done anything more to bring in players. IM guessin he could have.

Its this theory that winds me up the most!!

While only a couple players have arrived a large number of players where chased but just didnt come off so to suggest he isnt trying hard enough I think is a joke.

how can it be negativity,its called being realistic.

so why didnt you come out on wednesday and say"we will lose to luton" instead of coming on here after the game and saying i knew we would lose.

luton have been in terribnle form all season,and after winning two on the bounce confidence should have been sky high,so yes,i fully expected at the very least a draw.

nothing wrong with our kids this season,they are young and eager,and have proved once again that they can step up to the plate when they are required to.

the way your looking at it is your not thinking the team is capable of winning more than 2 on the bounce,which is negative in itsself.

who said anything about not giving shez and the young players time???,the reason people are fed up is because the squad is paper thin,with no activity happening until something goes wrong.and that is down to the manager and his team,you cant come out and say you have funds for players,then dont spend it or bring loans in then come out and say the squad depth isnt good,we will always struggle and there is no competition for placves,and expect people to stay silent.

Typical ramble from you.......and again I cant actually work out your point.....

"who said anything about not giving shez and the young players time"

I have read LOTS of posts questioning Eardley, Taylor, Smalley, Wolfy.......you been in a cave?

As for the sqaud being paper thin ?? How many other sqauds in this league are big enough to deal with the injurys we have had.....

Just read another one of your fantastic posts below about how the manager should put together a sqaud for every out come.....just sums up how little you know about the fiancial mess this club is STILL in......a good cup run hasnt changed that!!!

Edited by oafc0000

Its this theory that winds me up the most!!

While only a couple players have arrived a large number of players where chased but just didnt come off so to suggest he isnt trying hard enough I think is a joke.

Shez' arguments for not signing players are:

a) im not going to just sign anybody. it has to be the right player.

the signing of the keeper for the game on saturday baffles me. scraping the barrel IMO. something should have been sorted out way earlier.

we needed a striker for ages. i suggested takin a chance on akinfenwa. he signed for northampton and is banging them in. we sign an out of shape player from our playoff chasing rivals.

B) we have been in contact with players but deals have fallen through.

do players just not want to come to oldham because this has happened a lot. how are they being attracted?

Im not saying this is just down to Shez because other people are involved in the decision making process. Something is going wrong somewhere.

Shez' arguments for not signing players are:

a) im not going to just sign anybody. it has to be the right player.

the signing of the keeper for the game on saturday baffles me. scraping the barrel IMO. something should have been sorted out way earlier.

we needed a striker for ages. i suggested takin a chance on akinfenwa. he signed for northampton and is banging them in. we sign an out of shape player from our playoff chasing rivals.

B) we have been in contact with players but deals have fallen through.

do players just not want to come to oldham because this has happened a lot. how are they being attracted?

Im not saying this is just down to Shez because other people are involved in the decision making process. Something is going wrong somewhere.

A and B sound about right....I just dont buy into this idea that its anything more than players not wanting to come..... We arent exactly the biggest club at this level these days.... We have Leeds / Forest / Swansea to name but a few who are bigger....and then the likes of Tranmere / Hudds are on at least the same level....

Edited by oafc0000

I didnt go to the game, thank ****.

A lot of people are highlighting a problem with a major lack of effort.......culprits please???? Is it not more likely that heads dropping lead to this lack of effort? Not excusable but understandable.

This was happening before the sending off.

Looking back we've had three weeks of Saturday, Tuesday games and this must have taken it's toll on the squad. Throw in having to play with ten men for an hour against a side with a 2 then 3 goal lead before half time it led to heads going down and in turn this lack of effort.

Still Smalley and Thommo managed to stick a shift in so I'm sure the rest could have done so too.

the thing is shez has again come out and stated we have no depth in squad with people kjnow they will play come rain or shine.....for me that just sums up his naivety as a manager,as he has had perfect oppertunitys to strenghen and give us depth in squad that we need,yet he has dithered around until the situation is intolereable with injuries before doing something.

as soon as pogs was packed off a suitable back up should of been found,instead of waiting until crossley got injured and drafting in a youngster with no real experience.

Ed, I understand your frustration, particularly about the goalkeeping situation, but how many keepers would want to come in on loan knowing they were going to sit on the bench as an understudy to a usually pretty reliable Norm?

We could have also perhaps brought in a couple more bodies during the window but when you look at the 1st team injury list which now includes:

Crossley, Pogs (who sould still be under contract if not released purely due to injury), Livermore, Robertson, Allott, Hughes, Davies, Gregan, Liddell, Alessandra and Black. Add to that the fact that Kalala and Thompson have only just returned from long term knocks and Jarrett also missed a couple of games recently. I'm not sure that many squads could cope with that kind of decimation. I suppose you can also add that we lost Ricketts too who many were hoping might have been a shining beacon this season.

It's not like Shez hasn't brought bodies in - we've had Jarrett, Livermore, Robertson, Constantine, O'Donnell, Bertrand, Beresford, Kilkenny and Giddings on loan to try and bolster a threadbare squad.