constantine

Think I saw somewhere last week that he had two games left - whether he stays I suppose will depend on if we can win at Swindon.

Surely Leeds wouldn't let him stay if we are still competing with them for a play off place?

If we don't win then we'll probably send him back to save on the finances.

Think I saw somewhere last week that he had two games left - whether he stays I suppose will depend on if we can win at Swindon.

Surely Leeds wouldn't let him stay if we are still competing with them for a play off place?

If we don't win then we'll probably send him back to save on the finances.

I thought we couldn't extend his loan now the deadline has passed? Even if we can, I'd assume Leeds will take him back...he's pretty much back to fitness and no good can come of it for them if he stays here.

Still, would be marvellous if we could keep him and he'd be a good summer signing if the price isn't absurd.

I fear now he is nearing some kind of fitness level Leeds will have him back, and not neccasarilly in the side! I don't think Latics have seen the best of Leon due to his level of fitness when he arrived.

I just don't think under the rules we can extend his lone any further. More worryingly (if injury strikes) we have O'Donnell on a week to week basis which mean we can't extend his can we*?

*That means he's pretty much gone from the club if this is right.

is it his last game next week? if it is i will miss this guy he is really good. will be ashame to let him go. dont no who can take his place in the team at the moment with so many injured.

does anybody no?

I think if we are going to be serious contenders we need to sign leon, richie wellens and possibly adam boyd from orient

I just don't think under the rules we can extend his lone any further. More worryingly (if injury strikes) we have O'Donnell on a week to week basis which mean we can't extend his can we*?

*That means he's pretty much gone from the club if this is right.

O donnell is here for the remainder of the season now. So to answer your ques (I think that was your ques) Yes you can extend.

I think if we are going to be serious contenders we need to sign leon, richie wellens and possibly adam boyd from orient

Not sure we have the money but the last two nobody can argue with (if we were to get a player of the calibre of Boyd we wouldn't need Constantine).

My ideal situation is Doncaster get promoted go all moneybags and tell Wellens that he isn't going to play. That, to me, is the only way we would get him.

(and yes, I probably am Richie Wellens' love child)

Not sure we have the money but the last two nobody can argue with (if we were to get a player of the calibre of Boyd we wouldn't need Constantine).

My ideal situation is Doncaster get promoted go all moneybags and tell Wellens that he isn't going to play. That, to me, is the only way we would get him.

(and yes, I probably am Richie Wellens' love child)

we need to keep him but the cheap skate of the boardroom staff wont give a :censored: weather we got any strickers

we need to keep him but the cheap skate of the boardroom staff wont give a :censored: weather we got any strickers

That is just laughable.

Would these be the same "cheapskates" that have pumped (by conservative estimate) approximately £10M into the club so far?

Guest oa_exile
Think Shez will consider who is leaving Sheff Wed before he makes any big decisions? If he still has a job?

I would assume you mean Shez wants to see IF that big lump of lard Clarke will be available on a freebie.

If i had the choice , Constantine , no contest.

:lol:

Very specific there fleetwood... I'm sure there are other players out there we could sign that would do a job... are those really the ONLY players that would mean we are succesful...??

Agree with constantine, but a little tired of this wellens obsession... I loved him while he was here, but he is gone, its time to move on... if he was given back to us I wouldnt say no.. but there are younger, more achievable (and uruguayan!) options available to us...

.. as for adam boyd - woulnt know him from larry to be honest... Hughesy, Davies and Constantine, Plus Ales, would do me just fine...

You could well be right Danny... but seeing that I have no idea what a 'stricker' is.. I will have to bow to your usual superb insight into our current situation :dunce:

Edited by BigfinLatic

(oa_exile @ Mar 31 2008, 18:12 PM)

I would assume you mean Shez wants to see IF that big lump of lard Clarke will be available on a freebie.

If i had the choice , Constantine , no contest.

Concur'd, 100%.

Seconded. If nothing else, Constantine's style fits in with decent football. A big lump like Clarke serves a purpose but tends to get over-used for the Hoofball option if he's there.

Not sure how an injured Clarke that scored goals and had 2 perfectly good "goals" ruled out in 4 games for us is a lump of "lard".....

I'll happily accept one or the other. Both and I'd be over the moon, but I've more chance of visiting the moon than that happening.

Edited by boundaryblue80

Guest oa_exile
Not sure how an injured Clarke that scored goals and had 2 perfectly good "goals" ruled out in 4 games for us is a lump of "lard".....

I'll happily accept one or the other. Both and I'd be over the moon, but I've more chance of visiting the moon than that happening.

I think it's the way his bits wobble when he runs...

BB80 , I give you "Exhibit 1" as evidence for the prosecution :grin:

Sport5FRI3003.jpg

Guest oa_exile
So he's a big lad who was short of fitness when that picture was taken.

Looks alot slimmer at Southend

Clarke lover ! :wub:

Has it crossed your mind that the Shrimpers wear baggier shirts ? :tongue1:

Edited by oa_exile

Back onto the subject of Constantine, I'd be glad if we could extend his loan because he's a good influence on the younger players in the team. Example during the Hudds match, Taylor overhit the ball and Constantine was unable to run onto it and instead of berating him, Constantine just told him to keep his chin up. I know it was only a small thing but that kind of positivity can easily give the younger ones a bit of a confidence boost

Edited by carrabanana

would be a shame all round if Leon didint stay - if he goes bak to dirty leeds he prob be sat on the bench at best - behind freedman and beckford

he is one of the best readers of the game we have had for a while and now is looking sharper would have been great to lead the front line to the end of the season and possible beyond

would be a shame all round if Leon didint stay - if he goes bak to dirty leeds he prob be sat on the bench at best - behind freedman and beckford

he is one of the best readers of the game we have had for a while and now is looking sharper would have been great to lead the front line to the end of the season and possible beyond

Leeds do not want to see they side lose out to a play-off place because they let there players say on at a club which is in a simaler position as thereselfs. Love to see him stay but now hes gained hes fitness l think his going back