Huddersfields season tickets

£100 a ticket works out at £4.00 a game.... What a deal that is!

Whilst their board and in particular their Chairman (Davy) has been widely criticised, they've obviously been pro-active in attempting to stem the deluge of Terriers that have deserted the Gayfarm this season. Only been getting 6,000 or so since Christmas for most of their games, great bit of marketing, even the biggest whinger wouldn't turn that offer down. No doubt they'll be losing a wedge on that deal but I'd love something similar here, just to see the ground full every week. Even tight-arse, work-shy, indifferent Oldhamers would lap up a simialr offer. Hudds have obviously seen the full stands at Bradford and want a bit of that. The problem we have now , is that within our catchment area are clubs such as City, Blackburn, Bolton, Wigan, Hudds, even Bradford all offering VASTLY reduced admission whilst we stumble along not even announcing our prices for another fortnight, allowing these other clubs to steal a march AND then shoot ourselves in the foot with prices likely to start at around £270, (cheapest ticket last season was £224 but uncovered in The Jaqcues Cousteau Stand! ) Come on Latics if Bradford and Hudds can do it so can we, lets be pro-active and fill the bloody ground! Capacity of 10,000 not beyond the realms of possibility, dangle the worm, get 'em on the hook and even if only a small percentage stay when the new stand is built it is still more long term unprojected income. The way we are marketing the club another averahe season next year could see us drop below 3,000 and that is unthinkable. We need a gimmick and the balls to take a gamble.....

I actually knew about that the other week and thought it was a fantastic idea. I was sworn to secrecy on it, but i would love to see us do it. It was the idea of Sean Jarvis, and he said they are expecting a near full house for most of the season with prices like that.

But the reason Huddersfield can afford to do it is because Dean Hoyle the owner of the company 'Card Factory' (a lifelong town supporter and multi millionaire) has invested money up front to allow them to tak a loss on season tickets....So unless we get some investment from somwhere it aint gonna happen IMO.

We have to follow their lead, I can't see any other way the club will average anything like 5,000 next season without a drastic price cut.

Hardy has already said in the Chron there will be no suprises! If thats the case I think the club will have a suprise with the lack of renewals compared with last year

Hardy has already said in the Chron there will be no suprises! If thats the case I think the club will have a suprise with the lack of renewals compared with last year

the question should be can the afford not to do a similar thing????

no suprise that attendances drop off season after season unless your successfull on the field and trying for trophys all the time.

this seasons stop start and inconsistancy could prove a disaster for the owners when they eventually do release next seasons prices.

maybe the fact its going to take at least another fortnight means they are working on something.

the question should be can the afford not to do a similar thing????

no suprise that attendances drop off season after season unless your successfull on the field and trying for trophys all the time.

this seasons stop start and inconsistancy could prove a disaster for the owners when they eventually do release next seasons prices.

maybe the fact its going to take at least another fortnight means they are working on something.

I dare say there will be something to capture a headline and create interest, but not along the lines of Huddersfield or Bradford. Those schemes are trying to recover fans who have stopped going, we would be trying to get fans who rarely go or have never been, which is much harder. I’m all for new ideas and anything to boost the attendances, but the financial bottom line might be that it’s better to continue with current prices rather than lose more money with a scheme like this.

I dare say there will be something to capture a headline and create interest, but not along the lines of Huddersfield or Bradford. Those schemes are trying to recover fans who have stopped going, we would be trying to get fans who rarely go or have never been, which is much harder. I’m all for new ideas and anything to boost the attendances, but the financial bottom line might be that it’s better to continue with current prices rather than lose more money with a scheme like this.

yes but the trouble with keeping prices at this level for another season or two might just be a deathnell of some kind.

i think the club will have a big shock when they announce prices.you will always get your hardcore fans who will buy a ticket at virtually any cost,but a lot may just decide enough is enough after some of the performances this season.

i think we should also try to recover fans who have stopped comming to bp over the years,i think they would far outway people who have never been before.

plus playing to a virtual full house every home game would be a big boost to the players and help bring some atmosphere back

The fact is that the economy worldwide is entering a depression, and people are finding it more and more difficult to afford basics in life never mind luxuries such as football season tickets. With the increase in the cost of living i dont necessarilly think that people are weighing up whether the cost of a season ticket is worth the product. Just a matter of whether they can afford it full stop will decrease numbers next year.

I would love to renew next season but i simply dont think i am going to be able to afford it. Having just bought a house i think i will do well just to maintain a decent lifestyle for the next year or two....UNLESS we had a stupidly low price of season ticket like Huddersfield i will probably only be attending 4/5 home games next season......absolute killer seeing as though im 99.9% certain next year will be a great year!

If we halve the ticket prices and double the amount of takers then we have the same revenue anyway. The costs would be higher to police the games etc but the extra people will spend more money in the bars/food kiosks so that may go towards covering them costs. With the ground almost full the atmosphere is likely to be better and that will go some way to encouraging those who pay on the day to keep coming and im sure get the youngsters more into going. Dropping the prices could be win win situation for all.

If we halve the ticket prices and double the amount of takers then we have the same revenue anyway. The costs would be higher to police the games etc but the extra people will spend more money in the bars/food kiosks so that may go towards covering them costs. With the ground almost full the atmosphere is likely to be better and that will go some way to encouraging those who pay on the day to keep coming and im sure get the youngsters more into going. Dropping the prices could be win win situation for all.

But do you honestly think reducing the pricing by 50% would increase attendance by 100%? I can't see it to be honest, unless there is some brilliant advertisement and publicity regarding the new prices i doubt we could get many more than 6/7,000 season tickets sold even at £150 a pop...

But do you honestly think reducing the pricing by 50% would increase attendance by 100%? I can't see it to be honest, unless there is some brilliant advertisement and publicity regarding the new prices i doubt we could get many more than 6/7,000 season tickets sold even at £150 a pop...

also to make it work we would need to pack the place out!!

with one side of the ground less??.... that's what would stop them taking the chance....

To be honest no I dont, but I still stand by the theory, in any business, while not guaranteed, lowering prices can generate more sales which in turn leads to similar revenues. One of my clients at work always has its best weeks when they run a 75% off sale for example. You could lower the prices significantly making the season ticket a viable option to those who may only say 10 games a season. At the current prices there is no incentive for these guys to get a season ticket but at very low prices it may encourage them to get involved if pay on the day prices stay the same. Obviously there is no guarantee this will happen and any pricing idea would have to be tinkered with and researched in detail. I think the way football is going though these days that professional clubs adopting cheap admission may well tempt some of the fairweather fans back to the fold and away from the bigger teams as it is getting ridiculous price wise. Im sure there are a lot of fathers/mothers who would like to take there kids to a game of football who could be enticed by the cheap prices.

Edited by wozz_oafc

That's a damn good offer from Huddersfield. I'd love to see something like that happen here but if it's not financially feasible then there's not much we can do.

BUT - If we could subsidise the potential loss we'd make, with the money we got for Trotman....(or Eardley) then it's worth a shot, just for a season.

Edited by Bring Back Pukka Pies

To be honest no I dont, but I still stand by the theory, in any business, while not guaranteed, lowering prices can generate more sales which in turn leads to similar revenues. One of my clients at work always has its best weeks when they run a 75% off sale for example. You could lower the prices significantly making the season ticket a viable option to those who may only say 10 games a season. At the current prices there is no incentive for these guys to get a season ticket but at very low prices it may encourage them to get involved if pay on the day prices stay the same.

It is an interesting arguement... take me as a case study.... I think next season i will get to somewhere between 50-75% of home games... which means at full prices I wouldnt buy an ST, but drop it to £150 for example - i'd get one in a shot... however, the club would make far more money from me as a pay as you go punter over the season...

Get the money in the bank with a cheap ST, or get more money over the season as a PAYG... Latics.. the choice is yours... :mmm:

It is an interesting arguement... take me as a case study.... I think next season i will get to somewhere between 50-75% of home games... which means at full prices I wouldnt buy an ST, but drop it to £150 for example - i'd get one in a shot... however, the club would make far more money from me as a pay as you go punter over the season...

Get the money in the bank with a cheap ST, or get more money over the season as a PAYG... Latics.. the choice is yours... :mmm:

The other side to it is that they might find people who spend £100 a year going to 5 or 6 games a year might then spend £150 and end up going to 10 or 15, with possible extra food sells etc. I just don’t think there are enough people who would be swayed to make it worthwhile, and it could actually result in serious losses. I’d be quite happy to be proven wrong of course.

Where has this "another 2wks to announce ST prices" come from?

I fully expect something said this week....I'm presuming people are saying 2wks as that's when our next home game is, but I'd like to think the OS will be breaking the news this wk about ST prices.

I fully expect something said this week....I'm presuming people are saying 2wks as that's when our next home game is, but I'd like to think the OS will be breaking the news this wk about ST prices.

I'm under the impression that it was meant to of been announced on Saturdays game, but they've deleyed the decision, wheather thats anything to do with changes we'll have to wait and see

It was in the program that they were going to announce the details of the season tickets at the Cheltham game in the program.

The other side to it is that they might find people who spend £100 a year going to 5 or 6 games a year might then spend £150 and end up going to 10 or 15, with possible extra food sells etc. I just don’t think there are enough people who would be swayed to make it worthwhile, and it could actually result in serious losses. I’d be quite happy to be proven wrong of course.

I went to the supporters meeting 2 weeks ago and Asked Simon Corney this very question about season tickets at Bradford etc.

Answer was -

Latics average just over 5,000 per game of which something like 3,000 are season ticket holders. The other 2000 pay (£20 adults) on the day and the club rely on this revenue every home game.

If they sold S/tickets at half price then the 2000 or so above would buy them but then they would lose the cash revenue every week .

If we sold S/tickets half price and doubled the sales we would have just as much revenue in lump sum pre-season and then lose this much needed cash every home game.

Also with increased gates come increased costs especially police costs. These cost are not made up from the extra programme and coffee sales etc so it is not viable for latics to do what H/Field and B/ford have done unless somebody underwrites it.

Unfortunately latics have a very lethargic public when it comes to the football club - look at last season play offs when we struggled to sell 8,000 tickets for the home game.

Even if we were top of the league next season we would struggle to get regular gates of 7,000 now.

Also people just don't have the money at the moment and times are hard.We have to cut our cloth accordingly.

Good argument i think !!!!

Edited by losesome

I went to the supporters meeting 2 weeks ago and Asked Simon Corney this very question about season tickets at Bradford etc.

Answer was -

Latics average just over 5,000 per game of which something like 3,000 are season ticket holders. The other 2000 pay (£20 adults) on the day and the club rely on this revenue every home game.

If they sold S/tickets at half price then the 2000 or so above would buy them but then they would lose the cash revenue every week .

If we sold S/tickets half price and doubled the sales we would have just as much revenue in lump sum pre-season and then lose this much needed cash every home game.

Also with increased gates come increased costs especially police costs. These cost are not made up from the extra programme and coffee sales etc so it is not viable for latics to do what H/Field and B/ford have done unless somebody underwrites it.

Unfortunately latics have a very lethargic public when it comes to the football club - look at last season play offs when we struggled to sell 8,000 tickets for the home game.

Even if we were top of the league next season we would struggle to get regular gates of 7,000 now.

Also people just don't have the money at the moment and times are hard.We have to cut our cloth accordingly.

Good argument i think !!!!

Sounds like lack of ambition from our glorious leader to me! :grin:

I honestly think, and this is my opinion!

That there are two reasons the chairman is unwilling to underwrite the cost of reducing season ticket prices.

You only reap the rewards of reduced tickets long term if the Team does well in the first season of the cheaper season tickets and at the moment that is too much of a risk as we don’t really look like a sure bet for any promotion as such next year.

Second and this is the one where people start the Kyle out campaign lol

I don’t think the current owners are in this for the long haul, increasing our ever dwindling fan base is not one of their key priorities their more interested in securing regular income and maintaining this level.

To speculate to accumulate is not something that rings true to Mr Corney. IMO

I asked my source at the club a while back and Season ticket prices failing a promotion were set to be the same as last year.