Northampton

Are many people going?

A few of us will be staying down there. Any recommendations for places to drink before and after or any other advice? Anyone fancy meeting up for drinks? :drinking45: :drinking45:

I used to live in Northampton and it's ok for nightlife.

The Town Centre is pretty good for pubs and is relatively trouble free. It's about a 20 minute walk to/ from the ground. Sixfields is at the South End of a Retail Park so it's all just franchised restaurants (Frankie & Benny's etc) and a Brewer's Fayre-type pub nearby. As has been mentioned, there's also a Mega Bowl and a Cinema complex, both of which have bars.

I'd definitely recommend hitting the Town both before and after the game though and there's plenty of choice whether you want a Wetherspoon's type or a traditional old-fashioned pub. Can't think of anywhere to really recommend but nor is there anywhere I'd tell you to avoid. Loads of decent restaurants there as well.

I used to live in Northampton

Ah ha! Ties in with your Credit Card experience. Your life is being exposed!

Went to the old ground when one side was the cricket pitch but not had the pleasure of Sixfields yet.

Edited by LaticsPete

Ah ha! Ties in with your Credit Card experience. Your life is being exposed!

Not quite Pete! My time in the Cards Industry was up in Gateshead, over in The Netherlands and down in London so not at Barclaycard as you incorrectly suspect!

I used to run 3 cheque processing Sites at Milton Keynes; Dunstable and London but Northampton was where we chose to live as you got far more property for your money than in the town's further South. A lot nicer and friendlier in my opinion as well!

Not quite Pete! My time in the Cards Industry was up in Gateshead, over in The Netherlands and down in London so not at Barclaycard as you incorrectly suspect!

I used to run 3 cheque processing Sites at Milton Keynes; Dunstable and London but Northampton was where we chose to live as you got far more property for your money than in the town's further South. A lot nicer and friendlier in my opinion as well!

Sorry! The circumstantial evidence was there but....

However these cheque laundering sites you used to run....

Its an annual trip for me. 4 of us heading down and meeting up with some cobblers. Some good pubs down there and going for a curry at someplace where they do a ginormous family nann. Sat night heading to brandname central Milton Keynes. Good night out but completley lacking in any sort of character. Could be worse though, could be luton.

Are many people going?

A few of us will be staying down there. Any recommendations for places to drink before and after or any other advice? Anyone fancy meeting up for drinks? :drinking45: :drinking45:

The closest boozer to the train station will be adorned with tics about 12.30

Guest oa_exile
You with us on the train Sav?

Ray (Rodney) and the lads are going Dan (4 total) , they are stopping Sat night at the Travel Lodge B)

Ray (Rodney) and the lads are going Dan (4 total) , they are stopping Sat night at the Travel Lodge B)

I know, I was talking to Rodders & Tony in the Lookers bar t'other week. I asked them how they were getting there and he was "Arthur (Wayne) is driving in his X5 - he just doesn't know it yet"! lol!

Said we'd meet e'm for bevvies before the game. :drinking45::drinking45::drinking45::drinking45:

I know, I was talking to Rodders & Tony in the Lookers bar t'other week. I asked them how they were getting there and he was "Arthur (Wayne) is driving in his X5 - he just doesn't know it yet"! lol!

Said we'd meet e'm for bevvies before the game. :drinking45::drinking45::drinking45::drinking45:

Are you only going to drink 4 pints of Guiness all day?!!

Guest oa_exile

OK Bud , just keeping you informed , dont kid yerself Arfur loves it :grin:

I cant make it , got to sit this one out :disappointed: not a happy camper :(

Are you only going to drink 4 pints of Guiness all day?!!

That's his limit these days innit it Lisa ? :wink:

Edited by oa_exile