He wants to keep Lids, Crossley and Macca

He is shouldering the some of the blame for this season

Wants to bring in 4 or 5 players

He's already making enquiries

There's a couple of Polish players we're looking at

Still a slight chance of making the play offs

So all in all, I thought it was quite a positive interview ^_^

Edited by carrabanana

ye ive heard it as well, sounds like stam might be off in june which is a shame as although not a world beater he is mainly consistent and gets stuck in, always gives his all.

disappointed with him keeping liddell although he may be used in a different role to rw next season which id prefer to see, give DS and CT the right wing duties.

also sounds like a couple may be getting paid off/moved onto other clubs, 'going to have to make some hard decisions'

interesting stuff, he also states its a big season for us, which suggests he knows if we dont perform well next season he may be under threat..? oh wait thats a bit of a shez out thread, stupid me! :D

Edited by saddylatic

woah can somebody sort this out, managed to post the thread twice somehow

What, I can’t see the other one :)

No surprises for me in wanting to keep those three. We’ve got nobody else in the squad who can play box to box the way McDonald does, and Shez clearly likes having the experience and quality of older players like Liddell and Crossley around. The fact of the matter is that it’s probably contracted players, namely JP and Thompson, who he would let go if he could. I’m hoping that with Liddell on reduced terms and the likes of Smalley, Lomax and Alessandra featuring as full squad players but presumably still on comparatively modest salaries compared to the more experienced players we’ve had in recent seasons, there should still be a few magic beans in the pot to buy a bit of quality in even if lots of people do burn their ST renewal forms in disgust at, well, something or other.

What, I can’t see the other one :)

No surprises for me in wanting to keep those three. We’ve got nobody else in the squad who can play box to box the way McDonald does, and Shez clearly likes having the experience and quality of older players like Liddell and Crossley around. The fact of the matter is that it’s probably contracted players, namely JP and Thompson, who he would let go if he could. I’m hoping that with Liddell on reduced terms and the likes of Smalley, Lomax and Alessandra featuring as full squad players but presumably still on comparatively modest salaries compared to the more experienced players we’ve had in recent seasons, there should still be a few magic beans in the pot to buy a bit of quality in even if lots of people do burn their ST renewal forms in disgust at, well, something or other.

The last thing we need is another clear-out. I'm not one to knock Shez, but this is his team and he should stick with them for the most part. He needs to build on what we've got, not do another demolition job.

The last thing we need is another clear-out. I'm not one to knock Shez, but this is his team and he should stick with them for the most part. He needs to build on what we've got, not do another demolition job.

I don't interpret trying to get rid of a couple of players is a demolition job. Some players that Shez has bought simply haven't done the business, or have been injured most of the time so it's probably right this is remedied. As long as we keep hold of the nucleus of the team, and key players also we'll be equipped to give it a good crack.

The biggest thing to get right is having a good physio. We simply have to keep the likes of Gregan, Hughes and Davies free from niggles and strains.

Guest oa_exile
ye ive heard it as well, sounds like stam might be off in june which is a shame as although not a world beater he is mainly consistent and gets stuck in, always gives his all.

Hope he keeps Stam for atleast one more season. Y'see, I have him on the back of my shirt and I don't wanna go through next season with a players shirt who int even here anymore :blush:

I dont have LW , can you please tell me what was said about Stam , or was it hinted in his interview ?

Hope he keeps Stam for atleast one more season. Y'see, I have him on the back of my shirt and I don't wanna go through next season with a players shirt who int even here anymore :blush:

You mean you're not going to get a lovely yellow one as soon as they are out?! :sick01:

I dont have LW , can you please tell me what was said about Stam , or was it hinted in his interview ?

he named crossley liddell and gary mac as players he definately wants to keep, didnt mention stam and commented that he would have to make a few hard decisions which hints to me that stam and other squad members will be released/moved on

Edited by saddylatic

Guest oa_exile
he named crossley liddell and gary mac as players he definately wants to keep, didnt mention stam and commented that he would have to make a few hard decisions which hints to me that stam and other squad members will be released/moved on

Cheers B)

Hopefully he brings Rico back so mine doesn't look as daft...

disappointed with him keeping liddell although he may be used in a different role to rw next season which id prefer to see, give DS and CT the right wing duties.

also sounds like a couple may be getting paid off/moved onto other clubs, 'going to have to make some hard decisions'

interesting stuff, he also states its a big season for us, which suggests he knows if we dont perform well next season he may be under threat..? oh wait thats a bit of a shez out thread, stupid me! :D

Can't understand Shez when he has been saying for weeks that he needs to get the experience of Liddell and Gregan back in the team. Does he forget that these two were in the team at the beginning of the season, when we were playing utter garbage. Liddell is a good crosser of the ball, but that's it. We need someone with pace who can also cross the ball. Two quick tricky wingers create havoc, and pull the central defenders out of position, giving our strikers easier goal scoring opportunities. Crossley is far to injury prone to keep on as first choice keeper. Stam is a steady defender, but playing him with Gregan I'm afraid is not the best partnership. They are both very slow. McDonald is a great squad player, he doesn't moan he just gets on with it when he's out of the team. Thompson I'm afraid has not proved himself at all. He may be paid off, but I guess that he will stay at least until January.

Crossley. Injury prone?

Hasn't he made 42 starts this season?

If that's a sign of being injury prone it's a pity most of his team mates weren't as 'unlucky'!

Don't think Crossley has been fit all season. Has had to play through the pain barrier for the majority of the season.

Cheltenham away, the guy could barely walk yet had to carry on, due to our shortage of keepers!

Come on, share it with the group ^_^

It comes as a surprise to me, but I've been told Stam had a clause in his contract that if he got 25 games in this season he got a new contract. Hope so. Thing is, I don't know any more than that and it might just be "a contract" rather than another one on the same terms. If so, then it could become a case of "doing a Haining on him"....whereby offering something way short of what we know he'll accept.

Can't understand Shez when he has been saying for weeks that he needs to get the experience of Liddell and Gregan back in the team. Does he forget that these two were in the team at the beginning of the season, when we were playing utter garbage.

I hate this viewpoint - it's naive to say the least.