RRE open sat - kids incentive

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1292292,00.html

May be an opportunity for people to pop in straight after the game and get a sneaky look at seats / numbers they may want next year.

Also notice that the club will be running an incentive and giving free family tickets away to pupils.

Now my gut reaction to this was that I am not sure I actually want to get a ST in a stand that may have loads of kids running around every week, parents who have been dragged along but have no interest in the game.

Will the parents of these kids complain about the language that will obviously happen if they unknowingly sit amoungst the 'vocal' ones amoungst us ??? ........ how will the club / stewards police othe more 'vocal' fans in the RRE, censor songs, the dreaded standing up if these parents complain.

However after a little more thought ............... if as I expect the atmosphere in this stand is vocal / lively etc this could potentially hook these kids in as Latics fans for life. I know when I first went into the Chaddy I headed straight into the top right hand corner, the atmosphere was fantastic and was hooked in straight away... this is something you can't get through watching the superstars on sky.

Finally ........... any suggestions if any of these kids are seen in a premiership shirt in the RRE :grin:

Will only be for the one game. Similar scheme with schools for tickets at Lancs Cricket plus prizes Ipods etc for full attendance.

Jesus! What's the world coming to?

Prizes for going to school?

I tell yers, when I were a lad the prize was not getting battered by the old man, now they get I-Pods for turning up. No wonder there are so many little terwats about nowadays, they get everything on a plate.

Chuck 'em up a chimney I say!

Edited by DerekWilson_1968

I work in a school. Kids gets payed for turning up these days thanks to schemes like EMA. Its crazy.

if you were forced to abandon your education due to not being able to afford to get to college even whilst having a part time job you may not be so eager to criticise. although you may say something like 'bloody 'ell never did owt like that for me, like'

I work in a school. Kids gets payed for turning up these days thanks to schemes like EMA. Its crazy.

EMA is for kids 16+ from unwealthy families to go to college rather than work in McDonald's or go on the dole. Its a good idea that has got plenty more kids into further education.

EMA is for kids 16+ from unwealthy families to go to college rather than work in McDonald's or go on the dole. Its a good idea that has got plenty more kids into further education.

BLOODY ELL NEVER DID OWT LIKE THAT FOR ME, LIKE

not that im bitter or owt!

my lad has full attendance for this term so hopefully he will be bringing home some tickets..

Edited by daznathe

Rubbish, the system is totally manipulated anyway. Wealthy families can still claim.

When i was at school i didnt qualify for EMA but had two part-time jobs. I still got good grades and went onto university.

Every case is different but are you tellings me kids spend their EMA on travelling to school and lunch money? Having a part time job at that age is good for young people, teaches responsibility and keeps them off the streets. EMA may really help some people but i think it conditions people into taking handouts.

One example is an ex student of mine that gets £30 a week just for turning up at connexions twice a week. She is having money given to her for doing absolutely nothing.

ten years ago? im 25, so ten years ago i would have been doing G.C.S.E's. It was available the year after when i went into sixth form.

i remember(just)when i was a school latics used to train on our all weather pitch,and we regulary got free tickets to games,an i left in 83.

i suppose this scheme they have for full attendance is only involving oldham schools is it???

my lad has full attendance but goes to school inmiddleton.

i remember(just)when i was a school latics used to train on our all weather pitch,and we regulary got free tickets to games,an i left in 83.

i suppose this scheme they have for full attendance is only involving oldham schools is it???

my lad has full attendance but goes to school inmiddleton.

In Middleton schools(so i have been told by my daughters head teacher),Oldham are not allowed to go to the schools for coaching,free tickets etc,because ROCHDALE borough council won't allow it.

So imagine my horror when she brought home her latest newsletter and Citeh are coaching the kids next month!!

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1292292,00.html

May be an opportunity for people to pop in straight after the game and get a sneaky look at seats / numbers they may want next year.

Also notice that the club will be running an incentive and giving free family tickets away to pupils.

Now my gut reaction to this was that I am not sure I actually want to get a ST in a stand that may have loads of kids running around every week, parents who have been dragged along but have no interest in the game.

Will the parents of these kids complain about the language that will obviously happen if they unknowingly sit amoungst the 'vocal' ones amoungst us ??? ........ how will the club / stewards police othe more 'vocal' fans in the RRE, censor songs, the dreaded standing up if these parents complain.

However after a little more thought ............... if as I expect the atmosphere in this stand is vocal / lively etc this could potentially hook these kids in as Latics fans for life. I know when I first went into the Chaddy I headed straight into the top right hand corner, the atmosphere was fantastic and was hooked in straight away... this is something you can't get through watching the superstars on sky.

Finally ........... any suggestions if any of these kids are seen in a premiership shirt in the RRE :grin:

yeah kick ###### out of his dad.only joking before people start avin a go.

My son has won tickets :D

As he is only 5 it was a big surprise for him - andnot all of them, they had a draw to get them in school - dunno how many tickets for his school but at least 5 lots of 4 tickets.

Though this does mean I won't bein the Chaddy End - I Checked with the CLub and they stated that the will have a word with the turnstile Operatives to let people in with tickets for other parts of the ground if there is room :D

Get more kids interested in Latics - that said my kids don't have a choice and have been brainwashed already :latics:

Managing to drag some so called Man U fans along as well - see if I can get some more converts.

These schemes do get kids supporting the club - it worked with me when I got some freebies many moons ago from school

:comeon:

Jesus! What's the world coming to?

Prizes for going to school?

I tell yers, when I were a lad the prize was not getting battered by the old man, now they get I-Pods for turning up. No wonder there are so many little terwats about nowadays, they get everything on a plate.

Chuck 'em up a chimney I say!

Good job Mac can't read!!

E4e

PRSOD

"The club are backing an initiative involving local schools where pupils with 100% attendance during a full term will receive a free family ticket in the stand for the game."

Guess the stand will be empty then.

Didn't Oldham have one of the highest truancy rates in the country a few year back?

Guest oa_exile
Rubbish, the system is totally manipulated anyway. Wealthy families can still claim.

When i was at school i didnt qualify for EMA but had two part-time jobs. I still got good grades and went onto university.

Every case is different but are you tellings me kids spend their EMA on travelling to school and lunch money? Having a part time job at that age is good for young people, teaches responsibility and keeps them off the streets. EMA may really help some people but i think it conditions people into taking handouts.

One example is an ex student of mine that gets £30 a week just for turning up at connexions twice a week. She is having money given to her for doing absolutely nothing.

My daugher will start her further education in September so I had a look at this £30.00 @ week a while back.

EMA is based on a sliding scale £30.00 > £0.00 , more than £30,810 per year no entitlement to EMA ....so "Wealthy families can still claim" , not correct.

Continuing the O/T discussion, I totally disagree with the EMA system. I used to be a college lecturer, albeit only for a couple of years. I chose to teach at college level because I thought it would mean teaching people who chose to be there, but not who chose to be there to fulfil the attendence requirement to get their EMA money. It just meant every class had students in who didn't want to be there and, at best, couldn't be arsed doing any work, and, at worst, got in the way of others' work.

My son has won tickets :D

As he is only 5 it was a big surprise for him - andnot all of them, they had a draw to get them in school - dunno how many tickets for his school but at least 5 lots of 4 tickets.

Though this does mean I won't bein the Chaddy End - I Checked with the CLub and they stated that the will have a word with the turnstile Operatives to let people in with tickets for other parts of the ground if there is room :D

Get more kids interested in Latics - that said my kids don't have a choice and have been brainwashed already :latics:

Managing to drag some so called Man U fans along as well - see if I can get some more converts.

These schemes do get kids supporting the club - it worked with me when I got some freebies many moons ago from school

:comeon:

My 5yr old daughter won 4 tickets in exactly the same way at st aidans and she's massively excited about the game.

Trouble is, I've got to give up my usual seat with the boys in order to sit with her and the Mrs in the RRE - won't be able to laugh at Shez's comments from there :lol:

My daugher will start her further education in September so I had a look at this £30.00 @ week a while back.

EMA is based on a sliding scale £30.00 > £0.00 , more than £30,810 per year no entitlement to EMA ....so "Wealthy families can still claim" , not correct.

I am correct. People can fiddle the system. Those families who work for themselves don't always put forward their correct income so their kids can still claim. Ive seen it dozens of times.