won't that just be because of a fussy ref?

seen the same colour shorts on both teams in many games...

may seem like a fussy ref but if both teams had white socks on and you are contesting who kicked it out last for a corner or a throw how would you tell the difference????

may seem like a fussy ref but if both teams had white socks on and you are contesting who kicked it out last for a corner or a throw how would you tell the difference????

Not that it would have helped him yesterday .. he was shocking

errr..its the refs decision not mine!

most things happen during a game that are not set in stone,but are the refs decision...

eg.

if the linos swap lines for second half.

won't that just be because of a fussy ref?

seen the same colour shorts on both teams in many games...

Some refs are easily confused, remember Chaddy the Owl being ordered to move away from the pitch a few years ago cos the referee thought he might mistake him for one of our players? think the quote in the programme at the following game was "In fairness i did have the same kit as the players but on the other hand i do have a giant furry head". :grin:

check the fishal site,mr hardy is complaining about the refs lack of knowledge on sock colours now,seems to me as if hes found a straw and is now picking at it

latest excuse in defeat

incorrect socks cost us victory

Here's Mike Yarwood's take on "Sockgate" in today's Chron. Got to say that his recent match reports (particularly for the recent dull games) have been highly amusing. :)

Claret and blue!

ANYONE who went to Athletic’s game at Northampton expecting a dull, end-of-season scuffle between two mid-table teams had their preconceptions blown away quickly.

Yes, the match itself was one to forget, but this was a day of shock, drama and suspense . . . . this was the day of Sockgate.

Northampton, you see, have officially registered claret-coloured socks as part of this season’s home kit, so Athletic duly packed their usual white for the trip to Sixfields.

But — and here’s where the drama becomes gripping — Northampton recently altered their strip to include white socks, and they refused to change back to claret for one day despite the anguished protests of visiting officials.

Too many white socks for one football pitch but, in a Shakespearean twist, Northampton then crumbled like some mighty empire: “We’ll do it!” they cried. “We’ll wear claret, you wear white!”

Tragically, it was too late. And so Athletic, in the biggest fashion disaster this side of Su Pollard, were condemned to matching claret socks, borrowed from their opponents, with an otherwise all-blue kit. Talk about excitement.

You want to know what happened when a game of football broke out? Trust me, you don’t, because Athletic were abysmal.

I got home today just before 1pm for a bit of lunch and I switched on sky sports news.

Who's on there but non other than Oldham Athletics Alan Hardy, he was explaining the whole issue of socks, the sky news presenters thought it was hilarious.

They even asked Alan at the end what were the reasons for our poor season this time round!