How long will we have a 3 sided ground?

singe

How long will we have a 3 sided ground?  

138 members have voted

1. 1. How long before the sevelopment starts?

• REdeveopment will start straight away, have no fear
    • Within a few months, not worried
    • It will start next season
    • It will start at the end of next season
    • 1-2 years
    • 3 years plus
    • After I marry the pie girl and start making babies!
    • Not in my lifetime

The develppment has already ben scaled back a bit.

The credit crunch is now biting in thw US, and here.

Not stying the TTA and going bust or bailing out, just lest money and investors/developers.

We're pulling the Lookes down without everything in place to rebuild.

(By all means add this to the memories thread)

Edited by singe

The develppment has already ben scaled back a bit.

The credit crunch is now biting in thw US, and here.

Not stying the TTA and going bust or bailing out, just lest money and investors/developers.

We're pulling the Lookes down without everything in place to rebuild.

(By all means add this to the memories thread)

hopefully the lookers will come down at the end of june,and there's been quite a few tenders been put in for the construction of the new development.ktf.

Think it will start next season but as with all building work will take longer than expected to complete but will be done before Blackpool finish the ground.

Totally off track... but did you see the wendies who brought 20ft ladders to the lashers game to see over the back of the temporary stand after all the tickets sold out.... there was about 50 of em! Class!

Pity they didnt bloomin win though...!

On the ground, demolished in June, building dec/jan, 18 month build schedule... Opens half way through our first season in the championship, ready for our massive 3rd round FA cup tie... nice..

Who is this pie girl? Ive never seen a girl who is made out of pie around the ground and thats something you just wouldnt miss isnt it?

Or is it that thsi is some kind of sick reference to the fact that you have to "Snap off the crust to suck out the jelly from within"? :sick01:

Who is this pie girl? Ive never seen a girl who is made out of pie around the ground and thats something you just wouldnt miss isnt it?

Or is it that thsi is some kind of sick reference to the fact that you have to "Snap off the crust to suck out the jelly from within"? :sick01:

Make sure you come and see us tomorrow Chaddy and we'll introduce you. Hope you spending the game with us tomorrow mate...... know need to bother with the upper stick with us downstairs :grin:

Think it will start next season but as with all building work will take longer than expected to complete but will be done before Blackpool finish the ground.

Not a cat in hells chance. Alan Hardy has confirmed that building will not start until a developer buys the land. In the current climate who is going to make a speculative purchase. The value of the land is falling and the ground development will have to be scaled back further. I predict we will be lucky to have a Lookers replacement before 2012. The Lookers is only being knocked down to keep some semblance of false hope alive and to save face after all the fuss over planning permission, the lack of progress will be quite rightly blamed on the credit crunch.

Not a cat in hells chance. Alan Hardy has confirmed that building will not start until a developer buys the land. In the current climate who is going to make a speculative purchase. The value of the land is falling and the ground development will have to be scaled back further. I predict we will be lucky to have a Lookers replacement before 2012. The Lookers is only being knocked down to keep some semblance of false hope alive and to save face after all the fuss over planning permission, the lack of progress will be quite rightly blamed on the credit crunch.

If you're right then we're in for some stick from the Lashers when either (i) we go up or (ii) they come down.

Unless those two events coincide... Now, that WOULD be nice :grin:

Nowt like being positive eh!

The fact the stand is coming down represents progress my reference to work starting would be old stand cleared, prelimanary groundworks ie drain checks tests etc caried out so that a start can be made without silly delays when ready on a clean site. As for value of land falling that also could mean more competetive pricing on building it doesn't mean you still have the same building costs despite values falling a bit.

Its not being negative for the sake of it, if you see what is going on out there in the property world things are dire. As far as costs are concerned I don't think there will be a reduction, commodity prices such as steel are rocketing.

I'm very worried about some of the noises coming out of the club in the last few weeks about the development. If we rewind to the planning meeting days we were told that unless the full 650 dwellings was approved then the development couldn't take place as the finance would not be there. The latest statement says that that the number of dwellings is being scalled back to 350, so where is the shortfall in the money going to come from?

I posted on here a while back not to be too shocked if we only ever see a redeveloped Broadway stand, and the way things are moving at the moment I think that's all that will happen. This is a bit of a disaster for the club, as we will have sold the land to a developer for significantly less than it's worth, how to we raise any future finance?

I for one am very concerned about the recent statement about building work not starting straightaway, sounds like another Bloomfield Road to me!

Guest oa_exile
I'm very worried about some of the noises coming out of the club in the last few weeks about the development. If we rewind to the planning meeting days we were told that unless the full 650 dwellings was approved then the development couldn't take place as the finance would not be there. The latest statement says that that the number of dwellings is being scalled back to 350, so where is the shortfall in the money going to come from?

I posted on here a while back not to be too shocked if we only ever see a redeveloped Broadway stand, and the way things are moving at the moment I think that's all that will happen. This is a bit of a disaster for the club, as we will have sold the land to a developer for significantly less than it's worth, how to we raise any future finance?

I for one am very concerned about the recent statement about building work not starting straightaway, sounds like another Bloomfield Road to me!

>>Cough<<

as regards the number of properties being scaled back, the 650 took into account only appartments. the new figure of 350 takes into account 3 and 4 bedroom homes. it doesnt take a genious to work out the average price of an appartment is around £80,000-100,000, while a 4 bedroom home will go for £170,000-£200,000, meaning the number of units has changed, but the final income from all the units added together is probably not that far off.

Are the dwellings not bigger? Houses rather than apartments if you like?

Guest oa_exile
The link doesn't actually tell us when building work is starting, though, does it?

Blitz stated that the work would commence in Jan-Feb of next year.

This was also discussed on a previous thread , do you think the Club would spend the money on demolishing the Stand if plans were not in place for the re-build ?

Guest oa_exile
Why is there no specific option for 'January/February 2009', like TTa have suggested?

Dont know Stitch I didnt start the thread , but I do remember the Jan-Feb date being mentioned somewhere :blink:

Blitz stated that the work would commence in Jan-Feb of next year.

This was also discussed on a previous thread , do you think the Club would spend the money on demolishing the Stand if plans were not in place for the re-build ?

Nothing in present day football would surprise me.

Guest oa_exile
Nothing in present day football would surprise me.

That would Corp , just cant see them throwing money away on pulling the Broadway down and leaving it , does not make any sense at all , may as well just leave it up if that was the case.

Pulling it down removes the cost of maintaining it.

So it makes sense to demolish asap, but I don't believe the building work on the new stand will start until at least a pre-contract is signed for the residential development.

I'm pretty confident however that this won't mean a significant delay, and work on the new stand will commence early 2009.

Guest oa_exile
Pulling it down removes the cost of maintaining it.

So it makes sense to demolish asap, but I don't believe the building work on the new stand will start until at least a pre-contract is signed for the residential development.

I'm pretty confident however that this won't mean a significant delay, and work on the new stand will commence early 2009.

Sorry garcon but I am not buying into that , maintaining is far less of a cost than demolishing it.

"....and work on the new stand will commence early 2009" cough I already read Jan-Feb , is that not the same as early 2009 ? :blink:

Er, yes I'd say Jan-Feb is the same as early 2009. I wasn't trying to contradict you. :blink:

You'd be surprised how much it costs just to keep the NSM open. And that comes out of day to day overheads. Yes it'll cost a fair bit to demolish, but probably no more than the cost of keeping it open for a season, and the demolition cost can be set against the development budget.

Guest oa_exile
Er, yes I'd say Jan-Feb is the same as early 2009. I wasn't trying to contradict you. :blink:

You'd be surprised how much it costs just to keep the NSM open. And that comes out of day to day overheads. Yes it'll cost a fair bit to demolish, but probably no more than the cost of keeping it open for a season, and the demolition cost can be set against the development budget.

I dont have a clue on how much it costs to run the NSM , so I am surprised that it is more than to demolish the joint.

Hang on , just to show you , Exile :sign0068: