Blitz's End Of Year Message

I prefer a chairman to do that than say nothing and keep us wondering. That's why I respect these guy's as people, most would give the same old message of 'please renew etc'.

To pick a few things out then:

1- Injuries : 'Answers will be found' - How? poor training facilities,new physio,soft players??

2 - Money : Made a loss of £380k - Could be worse but you could blame the players for not putting in a performance against Hudds in cup.

3 - Development : Credit crunch had effected them, reviewing plans (maybe build more houses than flats?), Stand + Clayton coming down beggining of June.

Also, we have shoplifters and sponsors that turn up then not pay afterwards. The bailiff's are out!

It makes you wonder whether our town's corporate freeloaders actually bother thinking about who they might be getting into debt to.

I mean this in the nicest possible way. Simon's a very likeable, friendly kinda guy. But I really wouldn't want to owe him money. :shock:

Guest oa_exile

Our losses seem to be getting worse also , Cup monies plus Trotters down payment and we are still looking at a loss of £380K :(

Being a "bean counter" no mention of the Danny Philliskirk money :wink: or is that "in there" ? :unsure:

Edited by oa_exile

He certainly didn't hold back. A tad too sarcasitic for my liking.

However, I was also annoyed. He showed little backing for Shez.. Now without venturing too far down that path, the manager at least needs some backing, surely?

Injuries? Simple; there's a reason why Lee Nobes is at City. We've also played much of the campaign without a physio. Seemed to be having a dig at Shez there.

Again, the money loss. He was nice enough to tell us the gaisn we recieved, but I'd like to know how much has gone to the stadium plans etc.

He's a good guy Simon Blitz.....TTA are honest and I trust them, not that I had/have the option not to do!!

But just how far they will take us before leaving???? This is what I wonder with them...

If they did make us a self sustaining Championship club and they could sell and get their considerable investment back then fair enough. But, with mission impossible done, why wouldnt they be tempted to hang around, enjoy it, try and maybe take on the challenge of taking the club further still.......

Our losses seem to be getting worse also , Cup monies plus Trotters down payment and we are still looking at a loss of £380K :(

Being a "bean counter" no mention of the Danny Philliskirk money :wink: or is that "in there" ? :unsure:

The losses seem to be about the same as every year- roughly £900k. Working on SB's figures, this year we are down £960k- does this include transfer fees and signing on fees paid? I think the Philliskirk money may have been in last years figures.

The losses seem to be about the same as every year- roughly £900k. Working on SB's figures, this year we are down £960k- does this include transfer fees and signing on fees paid? I think the Philliskirk money may have been in last years figures.

i can see us cashing in on Eardley to balance the books then

Wasnt the magic number about 20k a week at one point ? Which is just over a million...... So yeah its about normal.... .

Guest oa_exile

It just goes to show that all the cut backs made by the Club on and off the pitch it is just about keeping in line with rising costs , with a loss of £900K @year.

As I have said many times "That is why we will always be a selling Club". as it's all about trying to balance the books.

No sign of Corps yet....amazing....seeing as this is his favourite subject!

Also....the line...."Gary Macs goal was probably one of the best in this years competition and one that I will remember for a long time".....made me laugh....If I recall correctly, none of TTA's were even there! Was even better live Simon! :wink:

http://www.oldhamathletic.premiumtv.co.uk/...1210618,00.html

Edited by boundaryblue80

However, I was also annoyed. He showed little backing for Shez.. Now without venturing too far down that path, the manager at least needs some backing, surely?

Actions speak louder than words there. If Simon gives Shez the budget to bring in the three or four players he wants to add to the squad, then that counts for me as ample backing.

Everyone, us, TTA, Shez, knows next season is crunch time for him.

Edited by garcon

Just goes to show doesn't it, i sat on a few weeks back defending the club and shez against some of the other moaners on this site about money and "where has it gone?" and "the money was there for Shez, he just didn't use it" "no contacts outside Wednesday" blah blah blah, i think someone once posted that we should be well in the black this year, LOL where are you all now, keep playing your Champ Man and pretend, wasn't it Ian holloway that suggested fans keep from talking about money etc... the other night and made reference to fans thinking they know how to run a club because they play this game.

Are you prepared to say the same thing now about Shez and the TTA?

Long live Shez and the TTA!

VIVA LE BLUES!

Edited by Amsterdam_Blue

Just goes to show doesn't it, i sat on a few weeks back defending the club and shez against some of the other moaners on this site about money and "where has it gone?" and "the money was there for Shez, he just didn't use it" "no contacts outside Wednesday" blah blah blah, i think someone once posted that we should be well in the black this year, LOL where are you all now, keep playing your Champ Man and pretend, wasn't it Ian holloway that suggested fans keep from talking about money etc... the other night and made reference to fans thinking they know how to run a club because they play this game.

Are you prepared to say the same thing now about Shez and the TTA?

Long live Shez and the TTA!

VIVA LE BLUES!

Good point - I think that deserves its own thread after the amount attacking Shez for not blowing his 'war chest' in January. Yes money could be found, but only for the correct young player who would be as much an investment....

Good point - I think that deserves its own thread after the amount attacking Shez for not blowing his 'war chest' in January. Yes money could be found, but only for the correct young player who would be as much an investment....

Sorry to pee on everyones parade but:-

1) This could end up being a Blackpool in every sense. How long before we are chanting 'build the broadway stand'?

2) Sounds to me like the first part of a departure speech

I hope I'm wrong.

KOTK

Sorry to pee on everyones parade but:-

1) This could end up being a Blackpool in every sense. How long before we are chanting 'build the broadway stand'?

2) Sounds to me like the first part of a departure speech

I hope I'm wrong.

KOTK

We don't agree on much, but that I do agree with. In the sense that, the more they use that line of "we won't be here forever and we'll....etc....etc..." I just start to think their departure point is getting nearer and nearer....personally hope that it's a good few years away yet though and we have at least the new main stand in place. Ok, I'd like other things updated but that Main Stand is the main cash-stream for our future survival. If that's put in place then they've stuck to their word IMO.

Lets wait and see what transfer activity actualy happens!!!