SCHOLES ON WAY....?

Wow, a blog for people that hate man u, thats not pathetic much athough it would be great for Scholesy to come to Oldham

Nothing atall wrong with that, I think it's healthy to have a hatred of Man Ure and I doubt the sanity of those who don't. :wink:

Edited by Hometownclub

Nothing atall wrong with that, I think it's healthy to have a hatred of Man Ure and I doubt the sanity of those who don't. :wink:

he has signed a 12 month contract extension.......so thats the time frame needed to get up then

• 1 month later...

Just noticed this article from May 2008 on scholes whilst doing a quick search on Boundary Park Juniors and thought it was worth a read

Oldham mad

The family lived on the large Langley estate and Scholes grew up watching football on the terraces at Oldham's Boundary Park. 'His hero was Frankie Bunn, the Oldham Athletic striker,' Coffey says. 'He is an Oldham nut and it wouldn't surprise me if at 36, or whenever he's finished at United, Paul plays for them.'

Coffey, who scouted for United between 1985 and 1999, says Scholes was not academic. 'Paul is football crazy. I've followed him since I took his first-year team all the way through. And while Paul is not very socially confident, give him a group of lads, a football and he's certainly not quiet.'

After joining Oldham as an 11-year-old, Scholes played in a Boundary Park Juniors team that included the Neville brothers and Butt. When Coffey recommended him to Brian Kidd, who helped Harrison at United, he had to pull Scholes into his office and persuade him to join. 'He was very reluctant and took a couple of days to be convinced.'

All those times I sat next to this ginger kid on the coach to away games and listened to all the guys around me telling me (with a smile on thier faces I must add) that I shouldn't sit next to him as he signed for the scummers ... that he'll turn out to be one of the great modern pro's in the game. For some reason remembered these moments .... and was soon to know why.

All those times I sat next to this ginger kid on the coach to away games and listened to all the guys around me telling me (with a smile on thier faces I must add) that I shouldn't sit next to him as he signed for the scummers ... that he'll turn out to be one of the great modern pro's in the game. For some reason remembered these moments .... and was soon to know why.

Did they make you all sit together at the back of the bus? It's shocking that the colour bar was still operating until so recently.