QPR have potentially the most money available to them than any other team, even Chelsea. I can't remember what sports programme i was watching on Monday but they had a piece on QPR. Its just whether or not this money will be made available to the manager.

QPR have potentially the most money available to them than any other team, even Chelsea. I can't remember what sports programme i was watching on Monday but they had a piece on QPR. Its just whether or not this money will be made available to the manager.

should we brace ourself for a bid for some of our promising team????

Simon Jordan will be happy for him that he's got a job nearer his family in Bolton.

Still think he's got the potential to be a succesful manager and this time he has the resources to prove it. The big doubt is whether he can perform in the Prem

They'll be a strong force in the Championship next season.

It's funny because The Right Honourable Iain Dowie only does well when he is operating on a limited budget such as the time when he took Oldham to the Playoffs "on a shoestring". :grin:

It's also funny because after a few months, his limited Coaching skills and short term motivational methods will get found out "yet again" and he will be sacked.

It will be funny when two of the richest men in the World are described as "tight arses" by Dowie when they stop giving him their money as they don't trust his word, methods and loyalty after finding Faxed applications for jobs ranging from Accrington Stanley to Yeovil Town.

I'm also looking forward to some more confrontations with his nemesis at Crystal Palace, Simon Jordan. Colin, The pet rottweiler at Selhurst should make that very entertaining and I look forward to a bit of verbal sparring there and I know who my money would be on to win the battle!

Still, at least he'll be able to pay his legal bills when he gets sacked again.

I dont understand why nobody likes him

He did a good job for us end of.

I think you are in the very-pro or the very-anti Dowie camp.

The problem with Dowie is that lots of fans haven't forgiven him for the speech he did where he said he wasn't going anywhere and then a few months later went to Palace. I thought he was a very good manager who moved up to the (sort of) big time too early. He does have the habit of shooting himself in the foot though an awful lot!

The problem with Dowie is that lots of fans haven't forgiven him for the speech he did where he said he wasn't going anywhere and then a few months later went to Palace. I thought he was a very good manager who moved up to the (sort of) big time too early. He does have the habit of shooting himself in the foot though an awful lot!

I think the problem is after leaving us he came out saying we owed him around £50k from the sale of one of our players that he had a stake in and then tried to claim the car that was supplied to him as our manager only to give it back and shut up when we threatened him with court

I think the problem is after leaving us he came out saying we owed him around £50k from the sale of one of our players that he had a stake in and then tried to claim the car that was supplied to him as our manager only to give it back and shut up when we threatened him with court

Slightly the other way around IIRC. He took the company car with him, which isn’t as I understand it normal practice upon leaving a job, and it was when the club asked for it back that he dreamt up the money he was owed from the sale of players he said he opposed selling under the terms of the contract he had declined to sign. I think he launched legal action, which fizzled quietly out, leading weight to the theory already proven in court in another case that he is a grasping thieving liar.

Im pro dowie.

He wasnt offered good enough contract here, Moore screwed us all over. He got a great offer at Palace and did an awesome job with them

QPR for Championship champions.

Im pro dowie.

He wasnt offered good enough contract here, Moore screwed us all over. He got a great offer at Palace and did an awesome job with them

QPR for Championship champions.

He was the highest paid manager in our division, despite not signing his contract.

He was the highest paid manager in our division, despite not signing his contract.

...and had the second or third highest wage bill in the division - despite the fact he did it all on a shoestring apparently.

Added to that he is a lying b'stard only interested in number one no matter who he walks roughshod over. And he has a face that looks like it is formed out of fire damaged lego (© Kets).

KtF,

Derek.

Edited by DerekWilson_1968

...and had the second or third highest wage bill in the division - despite the fact he did it all on a shoestring apparently.

And he has a face that looks like it is formed out of melted lego (© Kets).

You shouldn't have said that Derek - I always attributed that quote to yourself!

Still makes me laugh now though. :grin:

Im pro dowie.

You are as good at re-writing history as Dowie is razza.

Dowie's (unsigned) Contract was honoured after Moore had departed and as has been said, he was the highest paid Manager in League One by some distance.

Another excellent Contract was offered by TTA but Dowie turned it down while applying for every job in the Country despite his well-known "Go Hard or Go Home" loyalty speech to the Fans and Players.

I have no problem whatsoever in people bettering themselves. Football is the kind of business that provides significant opportunity to move around. Dowie however is a despicable liar and his methods and techniques are proven to be short-term measures which is why he can't keep a job for more than a few months - particularly now that he has lost his back-room staff such as the excellent John Harbin.

I think Dowie's failings as a person tend to cloud some people's judgement when it comes to assessing his abilities as a coach.

However, it's the first of these two things that usually means he won't be in any job for too long.

It'll be interesting to see how he does at QPR. Given the players and resources they have/will have by the start of season I could see them in the Prem for 2009/10 with or without Dowie.

I dont understand why nobody likes him

He did a good job for us end of.

I don't dislike, to be honest. However, since he's left us, he's been in charge of three other teams apart from QPR, which, obviously, he's just took up the post. Four teams in five year. He didn't last a very long time at both Charlton and Coventry - I just made a tongue in cheek remark about that fact.