Be honest

Guest jet_dd34
COME ON PEOPLE.BE HONEST.

HOW DO YOU THINK OUR SEASON WILL END?

I REK PLAYOFF FINAL WIN,ONLY ONE THING WILL STOP US.

BOTTLE

KTF

I keep swaying from one to the other. Playoffs to be realistic, with a lot riding on the result at Carlisle. If we lose again, I reckon we will struggle even to be in them. :unsure:

Then again, a win and a few results our way could see a whole new complexion on the matter. :)

I'm looking forward to a weekend in Cardiff! We'll make a fight of it at the Millennium Stadium...

'ackers' and myself had this discussion t'other day.......

isn't it all being done at wembley???

we even checked the Millenium websites and they have no dates for any play-off football whatsoever!! but other things down till the end of the year...........

clickety click.............. http://www.millenniumstadium.com/301_3445.php

and ......... http://www.millenniumstadium.com/197_211.php

Edited by thetramdriver

Defo being played at Cardiff Im afraid.

I reckon they'll be at Wembley - the Football League was supposed to confirm with the Millenium Stadium by the end of February but they're still stringing them along. As soon as those idiot builders finally hand the keys over (which hopefully should be this year!) I expect the FL to announce Wembley as the venue.

Not that we'll need them as we're going up in 2nd place.

'ackers' and myself had this discussion t'other day.......

You know, I've not been called that by anyone since my PE teacher at school!

Anyway... if we made it I'd much rather go to Cardiff, as I've never been there, and there is plenty of time for us to make it to another Wembley final!

Having said that, would be great to player here, wouldn't it?

DSCN8154.jpg

Second by a country mile :D

Many a corner to be turned yet in the run in,new blood in the squad Donny and Yeovil at home next,points they can't get back off us when we win.

It really,really,really could happen.

Ok,play offs.But i would love it,I WOULD LOVE IT if i was wrong ;)

Guest jet_dd34
Truth?

A heart wrenching seventh place for us as injuries and suspensions continue to take the toll on the squad.

Please god don't let it be Ronnies lot that take our place.

KtF,

Derek.

Now, now, Derek. You are letting the dark side get the better of you. :devilish:

Trannies are only 2pts behind us now, it will be back to 5pts with a game in hand after tomorrow. ;) Anyway, they have to get in the playoffs just so we can beat them if we don't make an auto spot. :lol:

Guest alexinblue

I think we will finish 4th or 5th, with Scunny (spit) and Forest taking auto.

I reckon either Donny or even Millwall (with their renewed optimsm of good results and £5 million investment) to make a late surge at the expense of the Trannies.

Do as I say, not as I do? <_<

It isn't a matter of not having faith, I just don't think we have it at the minute.

A few weeks back when everyone was going 'Champions' crazy after we beat Swansea I put a post on JKL about how we could be possibly facing our toughest run of the season. It was particularly aimed at the Millwall game (given their form) but was also in a broader sense aimed at all these 'nothing' games and the complacency that the lesser games can engender in teams.

I said there would be one team in the shake up that would fall away, it always happens, and one team come from next to nowhere to get that prized last spot in the playoffs.

On current form we have that inauspicious tag of the team that could fall away and there are several that we should be looking worringly at over our shoulders.

KtF,

Derek.

Edit for she-ite grammar.

Edited by DerekWilson_1968

Guest jet_dd34

What you are saying makes a lot of sense, Derek. I think Shez will rally the troops and get us through this "blip" as we keep calling it. If we win tomorrow, I reckon we will take a lot of strength from that and go on another run, because we are a good team and well capable of staying in the playoff zone.

If we lose, then, you may be right.

Edit - My spelling is crap too!

Edited by jet_dd34

I agree with Derek. But then I'm a grumpy, cynical old git who's seen too many Latics disappointments as well.

;-)

Balls!

If you are a grumpy cynical old git and I am a few days less than a year older than you, does that make me a grumpy, cynical oldER git?

The one good thing about this viewpoint is if we finish sixth there will be at least two Tics happy at that position.

Ah well, there is always the Orient jolly up to look forward to, it has been to long mate, and you will get to meet a few more JKL-ers (of course mostly now OWTB-ers).

See you in two weeks mate. How is the new little McCorm doing? Settling into the world OK?

KtF,

Derek.

BTW, Interview down there has been cancelled, another internal promotion to battle against.

How is the new little McCorm doing? Settling into the world OK?

She's a mouthy little sod, not like her sister. But she's fine - perfectly health and all that.

Looking forward to the Orient match - am remortgaging the house and putting it on 2-0 to them.

Oh and never mind on the interview front. Summat'll happen.

Edited by Ketsbaia

She's a mouthy little sod, not like her sister. But she's fine - perfectly health and all that.

Looking forward to the Orient match - am remortgaging the house and putting it on 2-0 to them.

Oh and never mind on the interview front. Summat'll happen.

Two nil to them. Isn't it always?

As the wheel of life turns, so all things eventually return to their natural conclusions.

I think I am getting a bit Boethius like there, of course in a round about manner. I could go on about the wheel rising then falling, but I am sure you get the idea.

KtF,

Derek.

Guest jet_dd34
Two nil to them. Isn't it always?

As the wheel of life turns, so all things eventually return to their natural conclusions.

I think I am getting a bit Boethius like there, of course in a round about manner. I could go on about the wheel rising then falling, but I am sure you get the idea.

KtF,

Derek.

Oooh! Roman philosophy and destiny on a Latics messageboard. :stunned:

Ours is in our own hands! ;)

Guest jet_dd34
Eh?

Wasn't it Chris Ecclestone in 24 Hour Party People?

KtF,

Derek.

Boethius:-

"Roman philosopher and mathematician. Falsely accused of treason, he wrote his greatest work, The Consolation of Philosophy, an investigation of destiny and free will, while awaiting his execution."

Christopher Eccleston:-

Dr. Who???

Boethius:-

"Roman philosopher and mathematician. Falsely accused of treason, he wrote his greatest work, The Consolation of Philosophy, an investigation of destiny and free will, while awaiting his execution."

Christopher Eccleston:-

Dr. Who???

Try www.imdb.com and Blockbusters.

It is amazing that if you are attentive how much clever information can be picked up from something seemingly meaningless.

KtF,

Derek.